Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Explorer Lease Questions

Comments

• Hello, all. Have been doing research on the Explorer for my wife and found this forum which has been very helpful! Hopefully someone can provide me feedback on the deal I've negotiated on a base XLT with no options in NJ.

MSRP $33,400
    12,000 miles/year
    $2,000 down total including tax, tags, fees, and first month's payment.
    $279/month

This is the lowest I've gotten after going to 3 dealerships. Would appreciate any input. Thanks!
  • You left out a critical part of the equation. How many months is the lease?
  • I am looking for money factor and residual value on a 2013 Explorer Limited with rear seat entertainment. I am in Southern California and need 12,000 miles per year on a 36 month lease.

If anybody has this information it would be much appreciated. I am in the process of formulating the numbers.

Thanks
  • Yes I did...36 months. We're scheduled to sign on Friday.
  • Doesn't say anywhere in your original post that it was 36 months, maybe you had an earlier post that I didn't see. Either way that clears it up. Thanks!
  • ootsie79ootsie79 Posts: 7
    edited February 2013
    Sorry...meant yes I did forget to include it. Was my mistake. Thanks for responding to my post.

More info that might be helpful, I think they're using a .25% interest rate, and when I run the numbers, I came to the conclusion that they're using a residual of about 58%, which I believe is good.
  • I'm looking at the same vehicle and trying to determine whether to buy or lease. The residual and interest rate look very good.

What rebates did you qualify for?
    Does your monthly payment include sales tax?
  • ootsie79ootsie79 Posts: 7
    edited February 2013
    Qualify for about $3,000 in incentives which includes $1,000 in conquest cash.

Payment includes sales tax. Residual might actually be a bit higher because the lease calculator didn't calculate registration and title which is included as well.

We also requested the Explorer brochure in the mail which may or may not contain a coupon for more off. Dealer said if it comes before Friday, he will honor it.
  • Excellent! I qualify for the lease conquest and received a $750 certificate in the mail.

Good luck and thanks for the info.
  • How long did it take you to receive the $750 in the mail? We submitted an online request on 2/2/13. Received a brochure, but no coupon.
  • The coupon is part of the brochure - the inside of the back cover. It says, "$750 Cash just for you" and can be combined with other offers. It only took a week or so to receive it.
  • I called Ford Marketing Headquarters. Our market area is not getting the personal cash voucher right now so that's off the table. Would have been nice.

Good luck!
  • Interesting. I have been told the $750 private cash offer cannot be combined with $1000 conquest cash. It does state on the brochure that it can be used "in addition to any current public offers." $3750 in rebates would be GREAT!
  • Just got this lease quote for the XLT with 202A package, around the NY tri-state area
    10K per years, 36 months, MSRP: 35825 (with the 2000 incentive included)

With only 1800 drive off money, 425 per month.

Is this a good deal or is there better deals to be had for this truck ? thx
  • What type of engine is on this vehicle. a v8 or the EcoBoost v6?
  • liman2liman2 Posts: 6
    edited February 2013
    I think you are quoted too much. I just got mine in January. Below are the details:

2013 XLT 4WD 3.5L V6 TIVCT
    Has the 202A package with rear view, myford touch, voice activated sync, comfort package + Leather, Heated seats, Power lift gate, Voice activated Navigation and some extras.
    Total sticker price before rebates and discounts is $39,700.
    After applying all discounts the price they are using is about 34,000.
    (Included in the discounts is a $1000 discount for Lease conquest...since I was getting out of a competitor lease).

Deal is $395/Month 15K miles per year, 36 months.
    Zero down. Total out of pocket is for taxes, DMV, registration and plates = $1950.
    Also included was free car service (oil changes etc) for the full term of the lease.
    I got this deal at Levittown, Ford
  • thanks for sharing, i knew that there are better deals to be had. :D
  • Yeah...I would have loved to get that. We called Ford marketing 3 times but they won't give it to us. We're picking the Explorer up tomorrow.
  • Can I get the Money Factor and Residual for a 2013 XLT with 10k miles and 39 months in Southern California?

Thanks!
  • Hello,

I've done the math and sounds great to me. Wanted to get your opinion. I do have XPlan:

2013 Explorer Sport
    MSRP $51,785 - Almost all options
    $2500 in Rebates - Includes 1K in Lease Conquest.
    $779 out of pocket for first month, and some fees.
    36 Months at 15K/YR

$579 a Month including Tax

Your thoughts are appreciated