Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford F-Series Pickup Lease Questions

Comments

• Thanks... I looked at the entries and it appears there were a lot of great deals going around (25% off msrp)... Are those deals still to be had in 2006 and if so, how should I go about asking/negotiating?
  • jvosjvos Posts: 55
    Car man -

Thanks. So I can assume the 1750 is on top of whatever I can negotiate from the Ford dealer?
  • Hello I have just leased a Ford F150 Supercrew and of course we have 3 days to take it back if not satisfied. But I LOVE IT. But anyways we put a trade in which they said they gave us $1800.00 and we put another $1500.00 on top of that and then there was a $1750.00 rebate for the truck. Now OUR payments are $220.93 a month we plan on paying for a whole year. But anyways I don't feel we made out right. I think we over paid. I had a advertisement for the truck at the dealership that said if you had $2500.00 down and then tax title plates, the payments would be $179.00. Well the dealership didn't know anything about the ad and they keep telling us that we would have to put more money down. Monday we are going back to the dealership and talking to the owner. Are we doing the right thing. I think we got SCREWED, out of over a thousand dollars. If anyone can help me with any of this. Please give me some answers or something I CAN use against the dealership. Thanks Tina
  • I am wondering if anyone has leased a quadcab 150 in Lariat trim (4x2) and if so how much is your monthly lease? Or better yet, how much off MSRP call you get one for, it seems there is at 3000 of incentives right now, has anyone leased one lately?
  • You're welcome dkowitz. It is a very competitive automotive market right now. I definitely think that you should be able to negotiate an attractive deal on the pickup that you are interested in. If I was in the market for one, I would look in the "Prices Paid" discussion that I provided you with the link to earlier to see how much other community members are paying for similar trucks lately. Armed with that information, I would comparison shop with a few local dealers either in person, over the phone, or by e-mail to see what sort of price I can get on the truck that I want in my area.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Absolutely jvos. Ford pays for any cash incentives on its vehicles and they should have no impact upon your ability to negotiate the price of the vehicle that you want. Shop around and negotiate the lowest possible price that you can on the F-150 that you want, stipulating that any available cash incentives should be deducted from it.

Car_man
    Host
  • I'm sorry to hear that you believe you didn't get a new deal on your truck, Tina. Unfortunately, now that you have signed all of the necessary paperwork and have physically driven the truck off of the dealer's lot I am afraid that you are going to have a very hard time getting out of this deal. This is way it is extremely important to do as much research as possible about the vehicle that you want and how leasing works before getting into serious negotiations with any dealers. You never mentioned the two most important numbers to focus on when leasing, the MSRP and selling price of the truck that you got. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable. Without knowing the MSRP and price that you are paying, it is difficult to tell how much of a discount you are being given. Furthermore, these numbers are necessary to calculate lease payments. If you let me know what these numbers are, I will give you my opinion on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Looking to lease a new F150 soon. Was hoping some people could share their experiences in recently completed leases and post any deals you might have seen.
  • 24 month lease for $199, Lease End Value $18716
    10.5k miles/yr, 0.5 apr.

I'm still working on the purchase price but the MSRP is $30970 and with Texas edition discount.... other rebates total $5000(maybe 5500 w/ student.) Do all these apply for lease. (they might be higher in Texas with our total sales price tax upfront.)

Carman... I was wondering about the red carpet option 10.5k miles for 24 and 36. All your advice has helped my confidence.

I'm tempted but playing it cool...also posted in prices paid for f150

my rebate includes bonus cash of 2500 which I suspect is the $1000 perfect match down payment Using some Customer cash..... how is the best way to go about it...Is it worth it if doesnt change my residual. I'm thinking yes because i earn 100% and is applied to payments.

Tempted but cautious.......thanks for any help.

Oh and my wife wants the same for an explorer xlt v6 third row with curtain airbag please lol
  • my current F&I deal worsheet has me at purchase price $26650, 18716 ballon, 50 doc fee, 1473.52 TEXAS tax, payment 175.70 x 24
  • My deal is a Balloon payment purchase. I'm in the wrong place I guess :confuse: . My posts are moving to the F150 purchase experiences discussion. Please stumble on over if you're interested...
  • doctor_tdoctor_t Posts: 1
    I'm looking at the FordDirect.com Perfect Match 2006 F-150 Supercrew XLT 4x4 lease advertised for 215 per month. 31582 Base - $2,000 (Customer Cash) - $1,000 Perfect Match for adjusted price of 28582.

24 Month lease with 999 down and 595 acquisition fee, is this a decent deal? I'm primarily wanting a short term lease, 24 month, little money down, and don't care about keeping it beyond the lease period, but looking for a small payment!

Is this any good? I'm not set on Ford, just a 4 door 4x4 truck. Can X plan be applied to this?

Thanks a bunch!
  • liv4mtnsliv4mtns Posts: 1
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can provide any info on the Ford F-150 Supercrew lease that I have been seeing on television recently. Looking for 36-48 months w/ 12,000-15,00 miles per year. Is this option available? All help will be gretatly appreciated. I will continue to investigate on my own also.

Thanks,

Kevin.
  • colsoncolson Posts: 1
    Hey all, I am looking to lease a 2006 F150 4x4 Supercrew (Lariat), basically I'm looking at around 37-40K MSRP. My question is, what would be a good lease payment for this car?

This will be my first car purchase in quite a while, so I've been researching as much as possible, and was wondering what an acceptable lease payment would be?

As well, how exactly does the mileage work for leases? Is there a maximum amount of miles-per-year that you can get added to the lease, and how much does it normally add to your lease payments (I would like to get around 20k a year, if not more).

Thank you all so very much for your responses, and I look forward to reading them! And also thanks for everything that has already been written, it's been a great help!!
  • jetdxjetdx Posts: 1
    I have been suddenly thrown into the market for a new vehicle. My plans all along were to get a truck one day but not this soon. I am a big Ford guy from my short history of buying my own vehicles. I am looking at getting an F-150 4dr supercab 2wd short bed XL or XLT (in the Phoenix, AZ area). I have recently heard that leasing a vehicle isn't as bad now as it used to be. My dad taught me that leases were not a good thing to get into and cause a lot of worrying. I would like to know how good leasing is now. I guess what I am looking for is someone to sell me on a lease instead of buying. THX for any input.
  • enivereniver Posts: 1
    I am thinkning about leasing an 06 F-150 FX4 Reg Cab flareside with a sticker of 33K and a selling price of 25-26K, what would a lease payment be if I had nothing down with a 24 month term and a 10,500 mile limit?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi longhornlimo. Ford's Red Carpet Option program is what is known in the industry as a balloon note program. Balloon notes are very similar to leases in that the provide consumers with low monthly payments and the option to purchase their vehicles after a specific period of time for a specific price. The main difference between balloon notes and leases is that with leases your bank's name is on the vehicle's title, while with balloon notes yours is. Unfortunately, given the lack of popularity of balloon notes I do not personally keep tabs on the details of manufacturers' programs. I can tell you what this truck's lease program is like if you want though.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi doctor_t. Manufacturers' advertised leases are usually decent deals, however they almost always leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. If one thinks about it, it makes sense. Dealers would get pretty annoyed if the manufacturer of the vehicles that they sell went around advertising the thinnest possible deals. Consumers who are in areas with a decent level of competition are almost always able to negotiate lower selling prices on vehicles than the ones that their advertised lease payments are based upon.

Consumers who qualify for Ford's X-Plan can lease vehicles. If you are able to get the special x-Plan price for this truck, its lease payment will almost certainly be lower than the one that you saw being advertised.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi colson. Your lease payment for this truck will vary depending upon what your selling price is for it. Always remember that the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. You may be able to get a good idea of how much you should pay for this truck right now by visiting the following discussion: "Ford F-Series: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Once you have an approximate selling price that you want to pay, let me know. With this information, as well as your truck's full MSRP, how long you want to lease it for, how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it, and what state you are in I can estimate what your lease payment should be.

The highest mileage allowance that Ford Credit publishes residual values for is 19,500 miles per year. Its 19.5K mi/yr residual values are 3% lower than its 15,000 mile per year residuals. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi eniver. If you were to lease a 2006 Ford F-150 Regular Cab FX4 4WD with an MSRP of $33,000 and a selling price of around $25,500 through Ford Credit right now for 24 months with 10,500 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $384.

Car_man
    Host