Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford F-Series Pickup Lease Questions

Comments

• My deal is a Balloon payment purchase. I'm in the wrong place I guess :confuse: . My posts are moving to the F150 purchase experiences discussion. Please stumble on over if you're interested...
  • doctor_tdoctor_t Posts: 1
    I'm looking at the FordDirect.com Perfect Match 2006 F-150 Supercrew XLT 4x4 lease advertised for 215 per month. 31582 Base - $2,000 (Customer Cash) - $1,000 Perfect Match for adjusted price of 28582.

24 Month lease with 999 down and 595 acquisition fee, is this a decent deal? I'm primarily wanting a short term lease, 24 month, little money down, and don't care about keeping it beyond the lease period, but looking for a small payment!

Is this any good? I'm not set on Ford, just a 4 door 4x4 truck. Can X plan be applied to this?

Thanks a bunch!
  • liv4mtnsliv4mtns Posts: 1
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can provide any info on the Ford F-150 Supercrew lease that I have been seeing on television recently. Looking for 36-48 months w/ 12,000-15,00 miles per year. Is this option available? All help will be gretatly appreciated. I will continue to investigate on my own also.

Thanks,

Kevin.
  • colsoncolson Posts: 1
    Hey all, I am looking to lease a 2006 F150 4x4 Supercrew (Lariat), basically I'm looking at around 37-40K MSRP. My question is, what would be a good lease payment for this car?

This will be my first car purchase in quite a while, so I've been researching as much as possible, and was wondering what an acceptable lease payment would be?

As well, how exactly does the mileage work for leases? Is there a maximum amount of miles-per-year that you can get added to the lease, and how much does it normally add to your lease payments (I would like to get around 20k a year, if not more).

Thank you all so very much for your responses, and I look forward to reading them! And also thanks for everything that has already been written, it's been a great help!!
  • jetdxjetdx Posts: 1
    I have been suddenly thrown into the market for a new vehicle. My plans all along were to get a truck one day but not this soon. I am a big Ford guy from my short history of buying my own vehicles. I am looking at getting an F-150 4dr supercab 2wd short bed XL or XLT (in the Phoenix, AZ area). I have recently heard that leasing a vehicle isn't as bad now as it used to be. My dad taught me that leases were not a good thing to get into and cause a lot of worrying. I would like to know how good leasing is now. I guess what I am looking for is someone to sell me on a lease instead of buying. THX for any input.
  • enivereniver Posts: 1
    I am thinkning about leasing an 06 F-150 FX4 Reg Cab flareside with a sticker of 33K and a selling price of 25-26K, what would a lease payment be if I had nothing down with a 24 month term and a 10,500 mile limit?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi longhornlimo. Ford's Red Carpet Option program is what is known in the industry as a balloon note program. Balloon notes are very similar to leases in that the provide consumers with low monthly payments and the option to purchase their vehicles after a specific period of time for a specific price. The main difference between balloon notes and leases is that with leases your bank's name is on the vehicle's title, while with balloon notes yours is. Unfortunately, given the lack of popularity of balloon notes I do not personally keep tabs on the details of manufacturers' programs. I can tell you what this truck's lease program is like if you want though.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    Hi doctor_t. Manufacturers' advertised leases are usually decent deals, however they almost always leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. If one thinks about it, it makes sense. Dealers would get pretty annoyed if the manufacturer of the vehicles that they sell went around advertising the thinnest possible deals. Consumers who are in areas with a decent level of competition are almost always able to negotiate lower selling prices on vehicles than the ones that their advertised lease payments are based upon.

Consumers who qualify for Ford's X-Plan can lease vehicles. If you are able to get the special x-Plan price for this truck, its lease payment will almost certainly be lower than the one that you saw being advertised.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi colson. Your lease payment for this truck will vary depending upon what your selling price is for it. Always remember that the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. You may be able to get a good idea of how much you should pay for this truck right now by visiting the following discussion: "Ford F-Series: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Once you have an approximate selling price that you want to pay, let me know. With this information, as well as your truck's full MSRP, how long you want to lease it for, how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it, and what state you are in I can estimate what your lease payment should be.

The highest mileage allowance that Ford Credit publishes residual values for is 19,500 miles per year. Its 19.5K mi/yr residual values are 3% lower than its 15,000 mile per year residuals. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi eniver. If you were to lease a 2006 Ford F-150 Regular Cab FX4 4WD with an MSRP of $33,000 and a selling price of around $25,500 through Ford Credit right now for 24 months with 10,500 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $384.

Car_man
    Host
  • larry725larry725 Posts: 2
    Car Man,
    Can you help me with the following to estimate a payment assuming a really high credit score?:

I am considering a 36 month lease on an F150 Super Crew XLT 4X4 with the 5.4 liter.
    Sale outline looks like this:
    $36,785 MSRP (inc $875 Dest/Delivery)
    ($6,805) Dealer incentives

Leaves a Vehicle Sale Price Before Rebates of:
    $29,981

Other Plug-Ins discussed:
    Sales Tax here is 8.75%
    $1,045 Title/Reg/Acquisition Fee
    ($2000) Customer Cash Rebate
    ($1000) Cash Down Payment ("Perfect Match"-their half)
    ($1000) Cash Down Payment ("Perfect Match"-my half)

$20,232 quoted Residual Value against miles per year allocation of 10,500 miles

Questions
    -What do you get for a payment using those?
    -Will all those factory incentives apply to a lease?
    -Did I miss any?
    -Should I pay a $250 fee they are proposing to buy the car at the end-of term?
    -Does Ford still waive security deposits if you have leased from them before?
    Thank YOU!
    I'd be happy to help you out, larry725. Ford's lease program for vehicles often varies depending upon what part of the country one is in. As a result, it would be a big help if you would tell me what state you are in. Ford's cash incentives on this truck vary as well. In some areas, Ford is providing $1,500 lease cash on the '06 F-150 SuperCrew, while in others it has $2,000 lease cash. In most of the country there is $500 Ford Credit bonus cash on this truck in addition to the aforementioned lease cash. The lease-end fee is levied by Ford Credit and the dealer that you are working with has no authority to waive it. I'm not sure if Ford Credit waives its security deposit requirement for returning lessees.

Car_man
    Host
  • larry725larry725 Posts: 2
    car man: Thanks so much, and sorry to have been away so long. I actually lost my patience with the local dealer returning my e-mails by saying "come on in"....that I bought used. Couldn't be happier. I found an '01 (on the internet) under warranty for 40,000 more miles for about the same money as the 3-year lease would have cost me. Fine by me.
    No problem larry725. Congratulations on your new truck!

Car_man
    Host
  • mr_anton89mr_anton89 Posts: 72
    Car_man, I currently have an F-150 lease and it is up on Jan 2, 2007. The end date for early termination is Dec 31,2006. Do you think that I would be able to get Ford to stretch the date just by 2 days? Also, has anybody ever had luck with this before? I had a truck lined up and excellent payments but as we were signing papers the dealer realized their mistake and now im stuck...again.
  • mr_anton89mr_anton89 Posts: 72
    When I was at my Ford dealer I was quoted the followin g(just for general info)
    06 fully loaded Lariat 4x4 with 20s, Heated Seats, Moon, Runningboards, everything less audiophile for $408 a month x 24/12k and also a King ranch 4x4 all options less 20s for $418 x 24/12k. These are with 6.5 sales tax and ~750 due at inception. Just plates, first months and acq fee. Also these are A-plan/employee prices.
    Hi mr_anton89. My first impression is that you probably will not be able to take advantage of Ford's early lease termination program, but it definitely never hurts to ask. Speak with a dealer or two and see if they can do anything for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • jbd2jbd2 Posts: 8
    hello, i was wondering if you could help me out with a monthly price for this vehicle?
    2007 f150 xlt supercab 4x4 msrp 34020
    negociated price 30364(invoice)
    rcl rebate -2500
    rcl rebate -750
    college program -500
    american quarter horse assoc. -500
    auto show rebate -500
    i am a returning red carpet leasee
    24 month lease no money down with 12000 miles a year
  • I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on this truck for you, jbd2. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Ford F-150 Super Cab XLT 4WD that has an MSRP of $34,020 and an amazing selling price of $25,614 after rebates through Ford Credit right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $273.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    wow thanks for the fast response. could you include the calculations that you came up with. i want to be prepared when i turn my truck in next month. i know they'll try to get me some for some extra fees and stuff. thanks jbd2
    also could you figure this truck also: 2007 f150 supercrew xlt 4x4 msrp 36235 (minus 1000 tow and go rebate)
    selling price 32358(invoice)
    rcl rebate 2500
    college rebate 500
    aqha rebate 500
    auto show rebate 500
    sign and drive no money down
  • Car Man: I am looking at a 2007 F-150 Supercrew 4x4 FX-4 with a MSRP of $38,376 and invoice of $35,097. It looks like Ford is offering $3000 lease cash under program #11246. What would the lease payments be assuming the above information is correct on a 36 month lease at 15,000 miles per year figured on a purchase price of $33,000..Thanks for your help
  • Does anyone have any of the details behind the $249 a month (36 month term) with $1999 due at lease signing on these vehicles?

I live in Indiana if that matters. If no one knows the details, then does anyone know what Ford uses for the residual value and lease rate on this vehicle. I am interested in the lowest mileage option (10,500 miles).

Thanks in advance for any info.
  • Carman,

Thanks in advance for your help.

I am looking to lease. 15K miles 3 years. The Invoice Price is 39K. It looks like they have a 3K rebate. They also have a lease deal going on. I'm not sure about the specifics of it though.

Can you tell me around what type of payment I should be looking for with 0 down, great credit?

Thanks again!
  • You're very welcome, jbd2. I don't have the calculations written out, I created my own lease calculator in Excel and use that to quickly work up payments for community members. You can see how lease payments are calculated by reading the following article: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Here's a sample payment on the other truck that you're interested in, jbd2. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4WD that has an MSRP of $32,235 and a selling price of $28,358 (great price, dealer invoice minus incentives), through Ford Credit right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $338.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello ies3343. In most areas, Ford is offering $2,500 lease cash on the 2007 F-150 right now. If you were able to get this truck for dealer invoice minus this lease cash, its capitalized cost would be around $32,597. Using this price and an MSRP of $38,376, I estimate that this truck's 35 month, 15,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $443.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi lisa765. I am not familiar with the advertised lease payment that you mentioned, but I can give you an idea of what this truck's current lease program is like. Ford Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 F-150 SuperCab XLT 4WD with 10,500 miles per year are 1.5% and 52%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 lease cash that Ford is currently providing on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • No problem, jackatkc. While Ford is providing $3,000 customer cash on the 2007 F-150, I believe that only $2,500 is available on leases of it through Ford Credit. I would be happy to estimate what your lease payment would be like on this truck right now, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Thanks for the info Car_Man, if I may ask what is the residual value and interest rate/money factor that lease price is based on for the 2007 F-150 FX-4 and when do the current lease offers expire..Thanks Again...