Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford F-Series Pickup Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi Dave. I haven't seen the specific advertisement that you mentioned, but generally speaking savvy consumers who are in areas that have a decent level of competition are usually able to beat manufacturers' advertised lease payments by comparison shopping a little bit.

Ford is currently running an owner loyalty promotion on the truck that you are interested in. Specifically, it is providing $1,500 loyalty cash to current Ford owners and lessees on purchases and leases of 2007 F-250 models.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • joel0622joel0622 Posts: 3,302
    I will get the info for you in the morning when I get back in the office
  • joel0622joel0622 Posts: 3,302
    Carman, unless it varies by region that owner loyalty money is only for people who own a Super Duty truck and buying another Super Duty truck. You don't have to trade it just show ownership. It does not work if you own a F150 and not a Super Duty.

At least in my region that is the way it is.
  • Ford may have lost me as a customer. My lease on an F-150 comes up in December. In looking at the early bird wherebywhich Ford pays the final 3 payments and gets me into another lease, their number they came back with was over $600.00 a month. I said WHAT!!!!!! It was a 2006 F150 that was a 10,500/ year miles. I had put on a whopping 13,000. I proceeded to tell them I could buy a new one cheaper than that. After fanagling and talking with other Ford dealerships, I have come to realize that all car companies are crooks unless you do your Homework. I liked the 150. My payments were 307.00 / month for the past 2 years. As If I want to get into a new truck and pay 600.00 for the next 3 months and after. I think not. Ford always claims that they offer best price. Its a bunch of Dog doo doo. I'm into a 2006 Jeep Commander for 315.00. Sorry Ford. You had your chance and you blew it. I'm also a DJ and will let everyone know that's in my audience.
  • People who own BMW's are, well, that's for a different forum. LOL
  • I don't understand the numbers used in previous posts regarding 1% and 54% for example. Is this payment percentage based on negotiated purchase price and buyout percentage (residual) based on MSRP?

Can you provide percentage figures and current incentives on 07 F150 SuperCrew 4WD XLT or better 24/15K MSRP 36700 ZIP CODE 52601

Will they negotiate a buyout value?
    Thanks Dana
  • I received a notification from my dealer Berlin City that ford has a early bird lease program that would allow me to turn in my vehicle early as long as I leased another ford product. I currently lease a 2006 f 150 supercrew xlt 4x4 I pay 292.00 and paid $2000.00 up front for 24 months 10,500 miles a year the lease is up in april 2008.

I would like to lease the same vehicle which Berlin city has listed for $28,999.00 which includes the 2500.00 consumer rebate the msrp is $35,670.00 I would want to lease this vehicle for 24 months. Can someone explain the ford early bird lease program to me and figure out what the new lease would cost? I know its easier too just call the dealer but i like to be informed as much as possible before talking too any salepeople thanks! Oh i live in NY if that helps..
  • vcopellvcopell Posts: 10
    Dear Car Man:

I am looking to buy F-150 SuperCrew. I am able to negotiate the following:

Cap cost - Purchase: $25,400 (after $4100 rebate)
    (If they give me loan, it would be at 4.9% but I have to give up $1,500 in rebate)

CAP Cost - Lease: $26,900 with rebate.
    Zip Code: 75006 (Dallas Texas)

I want to talk Lease Option with them for 3 yr with 45,000 miles. My credit is Excellent.

1: What are the MF and other costs that I should be worried about? They did say that the lease would be calculated at 4.75%. Is that equivalent to MF = 4.75% / 2400 = 0.001979?

2: What is the residual for this car?

3: What other things should I be careful about?

Can you please guide me here?

Also, if there are other pick-up trucks, I rather entertain instead of this, please suggest.

Thanks, vick
  • vcopellvcopell Posts: 10
    Dear Car Man:

I am looking to buy F-150 SuperCrew. I am able to negotiate the following:

Cap cost - Purchase: $25,400 (after $4100 rebate)
    (If they give me loan, it would be at 4.9% but I have to give up $1,500 in rebate)

CAP Cost - Lease: $26,900 with rebate.
    Zip Code: 75006 (Dallas Texas)

I want to talk Lease Option with them for 3 yr with 45,000 miles. My credit is Excellent.

1: What are the MF and other costs that I should be worried about? They did say that the lease would be calculated at 4.75%. Is that equivalent to MF = 4.75% / 2400 = 0.001979? Does this not seem high?

2: What is the residual for this car?

3: What other things should I be careful about?

Can you please guide me here?

Also, if there are other pick-up trucks, I rather entertain instead of this, please suggest.

------------------------------------Toyota TUNDRA QUESTION -------------------------
    4.7L, Double Cab
    Bedliner
    Tint
    Running board
    Price quoted after Toyotal rebate: $25,411
    MF: 0.00029

Can you please comment on the Toyotal Tundra as well please? I am looking to make sure that the MF and Residual are correct. They have not given me the residual yet.
    ---------------------------------------------

Thanks, vick
    vcopell@yahoo.com
  • Hi carbuyer34. Ford's "early bird" program lets current Ford Credit lessees of select models out of their contracts a couple of months early for free if they purchase or lease a new Ford division vehicle. Let's crunch some numbers and what the lease payment would be like on a new truck. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 Ford F-150 Super Crew XLT 4WD that has an MSRP of $35,670 and a selling price of $28,999 through Ford Credit right now for 24 months with 10,500 miles per year its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $462. I used a lease rate of 3.5% and a residual value of 55% to arrive at this monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Vick. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Ford F-150 Super Crew 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 3.5% and 52%, respectively. As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for vehicles. You can convert its published rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. So a lease rate of 3.5% would be equivalent to a money factor of around .00146.

The most important thing to negotiate on a lease is your vehicle's selling price. You shouldn't have any trouble getting this truck for close to dealer invoice and then have the dealer subtract any available cash incentives from that. You can look up the exact invoice price of your truck by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey Vick. According to the latest information that I have seen, Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Ford F-150 Super Crew 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 3.5% and 52%, respectively. A lease rate of 3.5% is equivalent to a money factor of .00146 (3.5 / 2400).

If you're looking for suggestions about what large pickup to get, you should also check out the Toyota Tundra (I see that you are already looking at it) and the Chevrolet Silverado / GMC Sierra. These two trucks are probably the best vehicles in this segment right now.

The residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4WD with 15,000 miles per year is 56%. The problem is that unlike most banks, including Ford Credit, which allow lessees to residualize all factory installed options, Toyota Financial Services places restrictions upon which options can be residualized making it difficult to calculate vehicles' dollar residual values. It's so difficult that Toyota provides dealers with a list of dollar residual values for the vehicles that they have in stock rather than having them calculate them themsevles using the percentages.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey CarMan, do you have the Ford APR for February? How about the residual for an F-150 4x4 XLT on a 36 month 15k mile/year lease?

Thanks!
  • Here's the info that you're looking for, rwarrencfp. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 F-150 Super Cab XLT 4WD are 2.25% and 47%, respectively. This F-150's lease program varies by trim level. Its numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Regular Cab would be 4.25% and 39%. The Super Crew numbers would be 3.5% and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man,
    I live in Salt Lake City and recently saw a commercial for leasing an F-150. The offer was for a 4x4 crew cab F-150, 24 month lease, $249/mo. I was not able to see what the milage allowance was or if there was a downpayment.

Could you please comment on this lease, as it seems too good to be true, and what other aspects of the lease I should find out about.

Thank you.
  • I recently called my dealer that advertised a 2008 ford f-150 4x4 supercrew new england edition $269.00 month, 24 months, $2499 down. I would be a return lease customer> I was quoted a payment of $381.00 month 24 months $0 down. I have asked for a quote on paper but still have not recieved it? The msrp is $37,000.00 they have it listed on sale for $29,000.00. So i'm wondering what price I'm being charged when figuring the lease, am i wrong in assuming the lease should be based on the $29,000.00 sales price not the $37,000.00 msrp?

I was also told that the Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 quad cab slt is leasing at a better rate is this true!
  • Check out the ads on-line for Portsmouth Ford and Quirk Ford. They are advertising the same truck for around $280 with only acquistion fees, dealer fees and first payment which probably runs about $1K.
  • wshful1wshful1 Posts: 3
    Car_man ,my dealer is offering me an '08 F-150 SC with a MSRP. of $36695 for $348 a mo. after all rebates and $2000 down . This is for 24 mo. and 12000 mi a year. He 'll take in my present lease 2 mo. early. Is this a good deal? thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hello wshful1. You never mentioned the selling price of the truck that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the F-150 that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. The market for light vehicles, especially pickups is very weak right now. I suspect that you will be able to negotiate a substantial discount on this truck. If I was in the market for an F-150 right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over dealer invoice minus all of the available cash incentives. You can look up the exact dealer invoice price of the truck that you want by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Once you have arrived at a selling price that you are happy with, have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using this truck's current 24 month base lease rate of 0.50% and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • ron48164ron48164 Posts: 8
    Looking for Lease rate, Residual, and Z-plan incentives for a F150 SC 4x4 (XL, XLT, STX). Metro Denver, 80234 ZIP. MSRP of the truck I'm considering is 35,535 (XLT).

Lease is up in June and will turn in early if the price is right.

I leased an Edge in August and if I hadn't pulled the numbers from VINCENT myself (finally lost access), the dealer would have been 3% under on the residual. I won't be going back there.