Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Focus Lease Questions

124»

Comments

• Hi car_man,

I'm in the market for an EV. Could you please provide the lease rates (residual and MF) for the 2014 Focus Electric in Southern California? Looking for 36-months, 10,500 miles per year.

Thanks!
    Michael
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,797
    I'm sorry, but I don't have much information for Ford, this month..

The 4th quarter residual for the Focus Electric is 45%, for 36mo, 10.5K/yr..

I know there are large incentives in California on the Focus Electric, as the bank gets the tax credits, but I don't know what they are, or the money factors...

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• madsenmadsen Posts: 3

Posted this a separate thread. Reposting here:

This is really a general leasing question. I'm thinking of leasing a car through a special offer from the manufacturer (in this case $169/month for Ford Focus). The question is: is there anything I can negotiate in this lease (except the purchase price at lease expiry)? There are multiple Ford dealers nearby. Can I play them out against each other? Or is the special manufacture offer fixed?

I have never leased a car, usually I have bought it outright, so I'm new to leasing.

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,342

@madsen said: Posted this a separate thread. Reposting here:

This is really a general leasing question. I'm thinking of leasing a car through a special offer from the manufacturer (in this case $169/month for Ford Focus). The question is: is there anything I can negotiate in this lease (except the purchase price at lease expiry)? There are multiple Ford dealers nearby. Can I play them out against each other? Or is the special manufacture offer fixed?

I have never leased a car, usually I have bought it outright, so I'm new to leasing.

You can negotiate the sales price and money factor (interest rate). The residual factor is set by the finance company.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• rmc03rmc03 Posts: 5

Hi there, please can I get the money factor and residual on a 2014 Focus Titanium

24 month lease, 15,000 miles and 12,000 miles options in California.

Thanks a lot

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,797

@rmc03 said: Hi there, please can I get the money factor and residual on a 2014 Focus Titanium

24 month lease, 15,000 miles and 12,000 miles options in California.

Thanks a lot

I'm going to assume it's the hatchback, because I like those better.. ;-)

0.25% MF and 61% residual. $1000 lease cash. Add 2% to residual for 12K/yr

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• nodtknodtk Posts: 8

Any MF and residual numbers for NJ on a 2014 Ford Focus Electric 36 months 12,000 miles lease? Thanks in advance.

@nodtk said: Any MF and residual numbers for NJ on a 2014 Ford Focus Electric 36 months 12,000 miles lease? Thanks in advance.

42% residual and .25% MF

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• cew5cew5 Posts: 2
    edited April 7

I have been looking for a Ford Focus Electric and I quickly found they are in short supply. After calling 10+ dealers in my area I found one and they said they could get one on trade. They said another dealership had one on the way up from California (already on the truck). They said it they should have it within a week.

Here is where I believe I made a big mistake. We negotiated the terms and signed the lease. The lease date started from the point we signed. Well, it has been 15 days and still no delivery. I'm basically paying for a car that I don't have, though technically the first payment isn't due until the second month. In retrospect, I should have made a deposit.

Do I have any recourse or is this all on me? I don't mind waiting for the car, but I do mind paying for a car that I don't have. If it had taken 1 week as they originally suggested then it wouldn't be a big deal, but 2+ weeks is frustrating.

@cew5 said: I have been looking for a Ford Focus Electric and I quickly found they are in short supply. After calling 10+ dealers in my area I found one and they said they could get one on trade. They said another dealership had one on the way up from California (already on the truck). They said it they should have it within a week.

Here is where I believe I made a big mistake. We negotiated the terms and signed the lease. The lease date started from the point we signed. Well, it has been 15 days and still no delivery. I'm basically paying for a car that I don't have, though technically the first payment isn't due until the second month. In retrospect, I should have made a deposit.

Do I have any recourse or is this all on me? I don't mind waiting for the car, but I do mind paying for a car that I don't have. If it had taken 1 week as they originally suggested then it wouldn't be a big deal, but 2+ weeks is frustrating.

If you haven't yet taken physical delivery of the car - that is, you haven't driven it off the dealer's lot - you may be able to unwind the deal and start over.

You haven't given the dealer any money at this point - cash, check or credit card? If not, that too works in your favor.

• cew5cew5 Posts: 2

@Michaell@Edmunds said: You haven't given the dealer any money at this point - cash, check or credit card? If not, that too works in your favor.

I haven't driven the car off the lot yet and I have not given them any form of payment. Legally, I think I am bound by the financing agreement, though really, it seems downright wrong that the clock is ticking on my lease and I don't have the car. In the past when I leased vehicles I signed the lease on the day I picked up the car so I haven't been in this situation before. If the car doesn't show up this week then I'll have a talk with the dealership. I think the appropriate solution is to reset the least start date to the date I pickup the car.

@cew5 said: I haven't driven the car off the lot yet and I have not given them any form of payment. Legally, I think I am bound by the financing agreement, though really, it seems downright wrong that the clock is ticking on my lease and I don't have the car. In the past when I leased vehicles I signed the lease on the day I picked up the car so I haven't been in this situation before. If the car doesn't show up this week then I'll have a talk with the dealership. I think the appropriate solution is to reset the least start date to the date I pickup the car.

To do that, you'd have to tear up the existing contract and write a new one with the new dates. I'd call the dealer now and let them know that's what you want to do.

@2panther said: Could someone let me know what the lease payment would be for a Focus ST ST3 with a dealer price of $27,057 for 36 and 39 month terms? 15k miles/year

Thank you!

What is the negotiated selling price?

1.0% MF for 36 mo, 1.25% MF for 39 mo. $750 lease cash.

45% for 36/15, 43% for 39/15.

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,897

Please continue in our 2014 Ford Focus Lease Questions discussion.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

124»
This discussion has been closed.