Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Fusion Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi rugbydad. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 Ford Fusion 1-4 SE with 10,500 miles per year in its Los Angeles region are 0.75% and 60%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 3.25% and 52%.

Ford Credit charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. You can either pay this charge at lease signing or have it added to your car's capitalized cost to bake it into your payment. Dealers cannot waive it.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that General Motors is currently providing on leases of it in your area.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • timmxtimmx Posts: 1
    Any current lease specials on the Fusion SEL 2010 in the Chicago area?

I'm looking to lease in the next week for 36 month / 12,000. Any idea/recent experience on what monthly payment range I can expect?
  • This was given from a dealer in Southern California.

Hosts: What do you think? I did not get any more info from them. How should I move forward?

Thanks in advance

MSRP: $30,530
    Invoice: $28,485
    Your Price: $28,785, minus Fords lease rebate of $1,750

o dollars out of your pocket sign and drive, based on approve credit.

23 payments of $458.00 plus state tax = 498.00 based off of 10,500 miles per year
    If you will give me $1,000 out of your pocket the payment drops to $417.00 plus tax = $454.00
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi timmx. Ford is currently providing lease support on the Fusion.

Fford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Fusion SEL with 12,000 miles per year in the Chicago are are 3.25% and 51%, respectively.

Ford is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car in your area.

I would be happy to use these numbers to work up a sample payment on the exact car that you are interested in leasing for you if you provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi laderaking. $300 over dealer invoice minus the available cash incentive is a very good selling price for this car. It wouldn't hurt to double check that the dealer is using the proper lease rate to calculate your payment, but this deal looks about as good as it is going to get for the combination of vehicle and term that you're interested in.

Having said that to me $450 per month for a 10,000 mile per year lease seems like a lot of money for a Ford Fusion.

If you switch to a 36 month or 39 month lease your payment will be more attractive. There are also some other vehicles out there that probably have more attractive lease programs running on them right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • rlsmith2212rlsmith2212 Posts: 3
    edited April 2010
    I have a Dealer quote for a 39 month Lease on a Fusion SEL 4cyl 6 speed auto Moon/Tune Leather.

Sales Price $23763. (Ford Retiree Z Plan)

Monthly Lease $366.
    (No out of pocket cash -out the door price)

39 months

10500 miles

Lease Rate 3.5% Residual 49%

Tennessee 37771 Sales Tax rate 8.5%

Total $2500 RCL/rebate Returning Leasee included

Is this the best I can get???
  • rpertusiorpertusio Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    Today, signed a lease for the Ford Fusion SE 2010 2.5L I4

~~~~~~ $23,690 MSRP Breakdown~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    $20,900 Standard Vehicle Price
    +$1,340 Rapid Spec 202A (Sun & Sync Value Package, Power Moonroof)
    -$445 Rapid Spec Savings
    +$295 Red Candy Metallic Tint
    +$875 6-SPD Auto Transmission
    +$725 Destination & Delivery

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

$22,295 Invoice (saw dealer's copy)
    $22,000 Selling Price (I asked for ~$295 below invoice)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -$1,250 Rebate/Incentive
    +$595 Acquisition fee
    +$14.15 Online Reg fee
    ==========
    $21,359.15 Adjusted Cap Cost

~~~~~ Lease Info ~~~~~~
    Through: Ford Credit
    @ 3.000% Lease Rate (0.00125 money factor)
    36 month lease
    Residual 51% ($11,865.15)
    Payment: $332.46/mo
    $510.96 Up Front Fees (1st month + Title/Reg/Plate/TireTax/DocFee/etc)
    12,000 miles/yr
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm assuming I did 'ok' being under dealer invoice, but open to suggestions for future leases!
    - rp

EDIT: Additional info... Credit score was 681, just above the magic 680 mark. Was NOT Pre-Approved online with Ford Credit. But, dealer ran it through CAB EAST LLC / Ford Credit and arrived at the rate above.
  • rufusthrufusth Posts: 1
    Looking for a 36 month lease in the NJ area on a 2011 Ford Fusion SEL and would like to know what is being offered in terms of rate and residual. Is there any national package right now? I also have an X-code PIN. Thanks.
    Hi rufusth. According to the latest information that I have seen, Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Fusion SEL 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are 3.0% and 49%, respectively. Ford is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car in your area.

I haven't seen anything on the 2011 Fusion. Is it even available at dealers yet?

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi everyone,
    My lease on my current fusion is coming to an end and i'm looking at leasing another 2010 SEL I4 FWD Fusion w/ 12000 miles per year for 24mo. Due to family members I qualify for A-Z plan. Went to my local dealer last night and did some pricing, residual was 59% (compared to 61% on my last lease) and APR was 1.25% (compared to 2.00% on my last lease). Theres $1250 of RCL rebates right now plus another $750 for lease renewal. With the most basic SEL I4 FWD it came out to about $303/mo with only first month payment, registration, and NY sales tax paid up front. Not that I don't trust this dealer, but back home i'm used to our familys regular dealer showing us every little thing on the computer as we work up the deal (residual, apr, a/z price, etc). At this dealer the sales people seem to have no power at all and keep wandering back and forth to the managers desk each time to work up the deal, then bring me back numbers. I feel like i'm out of the loop or that they might be hiding stuff from me.

My question is does anyone have access to the residual table for the other variations of the 2010 Ford Fusion SEL I4 FWD? Does the residual change with the different rapid spec model? I think it actually is changing since a friend of mine actually found it cheaper to lease a model with the higher equipment/rapid spec than the basic SEL I4 FWD. The only way I can see that to be possible is if the residual was higher since the MSRP/sales price would be higher too with the same rebate and APR. On that note, any chance the APR is changing with the rapid spec model # too?

Last question, does 1.25% seem like a decent APR? I've got perfect credit and I remember before I got my current fusion, I was leasing with a mountaineer at an APR of 0.5%, so 2% seemed like a big hike to me. 1.25% this time around seems better, but the dealer freely admitted that they make money on this APR part and being an A/Z customer i'm sure they're not make much on the vehicle itself with me.

If I can get a little more eqp for my $ then at least i'll feel like i'm getting a better deal.

SEL I4 FWD:
    300A (base SEL) MSRP $24,655, A/Z $22,360 - residual for 24mo/12k miles = 59%
    301A (moon/tune) MSRP $25,550, A/Z $23,112 - residual?
    302A (moon/tune + driver vision pkg) MSRP $26,450, A/Z $23,868 - residual?

Thanks for your time reading this long post! :)
  • Car_man -

Any information on a 2010 hybrid Fusion lease? I'd be looking at 3yrs & 12K miles/yr. It doesn't seem like there's much support for the leases on Fusions in general but I'm curious about the MF & residuals. Prefer the Fusion to a Camry, but got to have the details to satify my curiosity.

cosanostra
  • artiefufkinartiefufkin Posts: 13
    edited September 2010
    I'd be interested in any info too.

I test drove the car this past weekend and really liked it, but the dealer wasn't interested in making a deal because Ford is given nothing to dealers on this car. This dealership had almost 30 2010 Fusion Hybrids and 10 2011 Fusion Hybrids on the lot. The car I drove has been sitting on the lot since May since that was when it received its state inspection sticker. They had other cars on the lot with stickers from February and March.

Seems to me they would want to get more of them on the road.
  • Hi cosanostra. Non-Hybrid Fusions have lease support available on them, but to the best of my knowledge Ford is not providing any lease support on the Fusion Hybrid. As a result, you really don't want to lease one through Ford Credit.

Car_man
    Host
  • That's what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation!

-cosanostra
  • You're very welcome cosanostra.

Car_man
    Host
  • I'm about to pull the trigger on this 36 month lease, 12k/year. What do you think?

Fusion SEL 6 cyl rapid spec 302A (leather, nav, vision), white paint tri-coat +$495, rear spoiler +$295.

MSRP $34,450 (including the $725 destination fee).
    Sale price: $32,042
    Residual: $17569 (LEV% 51%, lease APR 3.25%)
    Rebate: $1500

$750 out the door (includes first payment),
    and 35 more payments of $414 PLUS tax = $460 / month

This AWD (white & black leather) is not in stock in the 12 closest dealers, so he's doing a dealer to dealer trade from 100 miles away. I guess it's harder to deal on a rare car that no one has in stock.

In looking on the Ford website, there was some mention of $1,000 + $1,000 but I didn't understand if they could be combined.

The dealer said the rebate was for $1500.

I'm presently in a subaru SUV lease so no loyalty or other discounts would apply that I can see.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

I'm getting heavy pressure to take possession before the end of Sept. (1 more week!!!)

Thanks,
    Mike in Philly
  • ortegaortega Posts: 57
    edited September 2010
    OK Car_Man...I'm getting this request in early. As soon as you are able please post the October money factor and residual for the 2011 Fusion SEL FWD 4cyl model, 36mo/15k lease.

Thanks in advance!!
  • My lease expires end of Oct.
    I'm getting heavy pressure by my sales guy to lease a fusion 2011 now because:

1. "who knows if the $1,500 lease rebate will vanish"
    2. residuals get worse each month
    3. the value of my current vehicle will decline as well.

It just so happens there are only 2 cars within 300 miles which have the exact options I want.

So, should I sign now, or wait?

All thoughts welcome,
    Thanks,
    Mike
  • ortegaortega Posts: 57
    I've been told they come out tomorrow...Could you post the MF and residuals for the 2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4cyl, 36mo, 15k/yr.

Thanks in advance! :)
  • Could you post the MF and residuals for the 2011 Ford Fusion SE 4cyl, 36mo, (for 10, 12 and 15k per year).

Thanks.