Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Fusion Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Here's the information that you're looking for biggbrother. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Fusion SE with 12,000 miles per year in its Boston region are 1.0% and 58%.

The residual value for a lease of this car with 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

There is a $250 cash incentive on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're very welcome nelphusmd. I'm glad that you like it. Ford's current lease program is scheduled to run through the first week of July, but I can't guarantee that it won't make any unscheduled changes to it.

Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Fusion Titanium in North Carolina with 12,000 miles per year are 0.5% and 68%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease of this car are 1.0% and 59%.

There is only a $250 cash incentive on leases of it in your area right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ford made unscheduled enhancements to its programs for this car at some point, like Memorial Day weekend. It's a ton more likely that the program will get better than it will get worse, so there really isn't any harm in waiting.

Car_man
    Host
  • HELLO,

I am looking at leasing a Fusion SE Luxury for 36 Months in Northern CA, I would like to know what the residuals should be on 10,500, 12,000, 13,500, 15,000, 16,500, 18,000, and 19,500 miles per year. As well as what the money factor should be??? I was quoted .00325 which is 7.8 percent and that seems high.......

Any help would be awesome

Thanks!!!!!!
  • Hi,
    Does anyone know the residual and MF for a 2013 Ford Fusion SE 36 month lease with 10,500 miles/year in the NJ area? Thanks alot
  • fiskadorofiskadoro Posts: 3
    Apologies for the dummy question, but I'm assuming the lease calculator at Ford's website is pretty terrible and underestimates costs considerably?

http://credit.ford.com/lease-a-ford

I'm in Chicago (60605) and put in a $26,000 Fusion with $4,000 trade-in and $2,000 cash down for 10,500 miles on a 36-month lease and it spits back a figure of $175 per month which is way, way off what it would really be, surely?

I'm just not sure the value of using the tool on their site, it's a little misleading.

I'd assume a lease like that would see me forking out over $300 per month or so, which would seem normal.
  • titansoxtitansox Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    I'm curious what the residual value for a 2013 for Fusion SE 36 months with 16,500 miles/year vs a 36 month with 15,000 miles/year.

I also interested in what the poster above me is asking. How skewed is the lease calculator on Ford's website.
  • dman100dman100 Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    The lease calculator is pretty close. You are talking about putting $6000 down on it; that will drop the payment a great deal. I know the terms aren't the same (yours should be better since it's few miles), but I just got these from my local (Omaha, NE) Ford dealership:
    2013 Fusion Titanium FWD (+ some options)
    MSRP: $33,875
    Selling Price: $31,386.41 (salesman says this is invoice -$500 (recent grad rebate))
    Term: 39 mo
    Money Factor: .0009375 (2.25% APR)
    Residual: 57% ($19,308.75)
    Payment: $374.10

2013 Fusion SE 1.6 + some options
    MSRP: $29,485
    Selling Price: $27,467.51 (salesman says this is invoice -$500 (recent grad rebate))
    Term: 39 mo
    Money Factor: .0009375 (2.25% APR)
    Residual: 56% ($16,511.60)
    Payment: $325.79

I use this website Lease Calculator to run numbers. You will need residuals and money factors. From what I can tell, the Ford Calculator is VERY close. I just plugged in my numbers for the Titanium from the dealership above into the Ford website calculator and it came up with $368.
    Thanks dman100, I've got better/more accurate figures from some external websites (especially concerning residuals), and I'm also reconsidering putting such a large amount down but still doing the trade-in (after all, this is a lease).
  • dman100dman100 Posts: 3
    Are you finding residuals somewhere? I am actually trying to find residuals and money factors in the Detroit Michigan area without much luck.
  • daedalus28daedalus28 Posts: 2
    Hi Car man,

Could you provide the May residual and money factor for a 2013 Fusion Titanium for 36 months/12,000 miles in the Boston area?

Thanks!
    I'm using another site (sorry Edmunds) to find residual values, but I'm not sure if they're broken down by location. Still, it's perhaps a good starting approximation?

http://www.cars.com/go/alg/index.jsp
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,367
    ALG residuals are designed to approximate real-world numbers.... They may differ substantially from the program the manufacturer's finance company is using...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• daedalus28daedalus28 Posts: 2
    I want to update this for those that may be interested. The residual for a Ford Fusion Titanium is 59% in the Boston area and the money factor is 1% APR.
  • seldumondeseldumonde Posts: 1
    Hey, I'm new to this forum and the car leasing experience. I'm planning to lease a new 2013 Fusion Titanium FWD. I'm in the Philadelphia area (Chester County). I'm trying to find some information so I can be prepared before walking into a dealership. If anyone can help me, I'd much appreciate it.

First of all, does anyone know what I should be using for my residual value in lease calculations? I would be doing a 3 year lease with 12,000 miles a year.

Thanks!
  • cyraxotecyraxote Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Today I was quoted a residual value of 59% and a money factor of .001979 (4.75%) on a 2013 Fusion Hybrid. The price was around $31K with a $1000 "competitor lease" rebate and $1000 down, making the monthly payment around $450 for a 36-mo lease. This was at 12,000 miles/year.

Too much for me.

My current lease payment on a 2011 Nissan Altima (which was about $30K) is $308. The Ford people said that they can't compete with Nissan's lease program (especially on Ford hybrids, b/c Ford sets the money factor [which was described as "set in stone"] so high).

I kind of feel like they were BSing me, but I'm not sure.
  • shaunml09shaunml09 Posts: 1
    The current problem with leasing fusion hybrid or energi is that their interest rate is 4x what it "should" be. The regular fusions are competitive with interest rates around 1% but Ford Financial seems be leveraging the hybrids and energi based on demand. I mean its great you get an upfront tax credit savings but the best interest rate I've seen is 3.25 on a lease. That adds an extra 60 to 80 a month in my calculations. Based on what I know, until that interest rate comes down on the hybrid and energi I can't see leasing one.
  • dzbdzb Posts: 1
    Hi,

Any chance you have the base lease rates for Fusion Hybrid Titanium in the Los Angeles area? Trying to compare between SE and Titanium in terms of residual and money factor.

Thanks!
  • saucemangsaucemang Posts: 12
    edited May 2013
    36 months. 0 put of pocket . 10,500 miles a year. $240.00 a month. Ford fusion se no options. 25xxx msrp
  • macdadmacdad Posts: 65
    May I have the current MF/R for Fusion Energi Titanium - 12k miles and 36 mos. I live in Florida.

Thank you,

Macdad
  • macdadmacdad Posts: 65
    Will you please include MF/R Fusion Hybrid Titanium - 12k and 36 mos for Florida?

Thank you,

macdad
  • bossman141bossman141 Posts: 53
    Heck of a lot better than what I was quoted on an S on Wednesday. I was quoted around $320 month with 1300 out of pocket. 12k miles a year. I walked and leased a Passat.
    Hi titansox. Ford Credits May base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Fusion SE with 15,000 miles per year in your area are 1.5% and 56%.

The residual value for a lease with 16,500 miles per year would likely be 1% lower.

Ford is providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car in your area this month.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dman100. The lease rate for a 36-month lease of any 2013 Fusion, other than the Hybrid variant, in Detroit is currently 1.0%.

This car's residual values vary by trim level.

There's a $250 cash incentive on leases of this car in your area at this time.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, daedalus28. Ford Credit's May base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Fusion Titanium with 12,000 miles per year in the Boston area are 1.0% and 59%.

There is a $250 cash incentive on leases of this car in your area at this time.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey seldumonde. Ford Credit's May base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Fusion Titanium FWD with 12,000 miles per year in the Philadelphia area are 1.0% and 59%.

There's a $250 cash incentive on leases of this car in your area right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dzb. Ford Credit's May base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium with 15,000 miles per year in the Los Angeles area are 4.25% and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
  • bgreene19bgreene19 Posts: 2
    Hi carman,
    Do you know the residual and MF for a 2013 Ford Fusion SE 36 month lease with 10,500 miles/year in the NJ area? Thanks alot
  • etrout85etrout85 Posts: 5
    Southern Cali.

There is a $750 bonus cash for sure.

One dealer claimed that there is a $1,500 trade-in assistance. Another dealer (which offers free oil change for life of car) claimed no trade-in assistance, but an additional $750 bonus cash on top of the confirmed by all $750.

Ford definitely has the $750 bonus cash incentive (on all fusion trims) for leasing which is nice compared to the ZERO incentives for the accord.

Anyone know the MF and Res % of the Fusion S in southern Cali? Anyone got a leased Fusion in the area recently?
  • casmncasmn Posts: 1
    Car man:

Could you help me out with the residual and MF for a 36 mo lease / 12,000 miles on a Fusion Hybrid SE in the Minneapolis / St. Paul metro?
  • atk3atk3 Posts: 1
    Hi car man,

Can you provide the June residual and money factor for a 2013 ford fusion energi titanium for 36 months/12,000 miles in the Los Angeles area? Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.