Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Fusion Lease Questions

Comments

• neel75neel75 Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you tell me the residual and lease rate for May in NJ area? I'm looking at 24 months, 12K/year and either SE or SEL - not decided yet... Decision pending with the missus :confuse:

Cheers,
    Neel
  • I was approved for a Tier 1 Ford Motor Credit lease. I first looked at a Ford Fusion SE with Sun and Sync Package as this is what they were advertising on TV. With a 10,500 mile lease on 24 months, my payment would be 192.94 (w tax) and $2740.72 Down due at signing including first month payment. I get Xplan pricing with my work and they told me this is the absolute best deal I can get. The residual is $15790.95 which is 63%.

The second option to my surprise was to lease an SEL (fully loaded w/o appearance pack) model Fusion for 194.96 for 24 months with a residual of $18,851.20. 62%. Same down payment. I am trying to understand with Xplan pricing if this is a good deal on either of these. I would like a 12,000 mile lease, but it will be roughly be about $12 a month they said would take my payment to $208. I have to bring the car back tomorrow and make a decision. I was going to ask them to split the difference on the mileage extra so I could stay at $199. The residual seems high on these but I will probably turn the car in because I will be upside down at the lease turn in. What are anybodys thoughts on these? Should I go for it with the xplan or am I getting taken? Please help. I am a first time lease customer. Also, the manager said the xplan was $125-150 above invoice and I am getting the "best deal anybody can get". Thanks.
  • I was approved for a Tier 1 Ford Motor Credit lease. I first looked at a Ford Fusion SE with Sun and Sync Package as this is what they were advertising on TV. With a 10,500 mile lease on 24 months, my payment would be 192.94 (w tax) and $2740.72 Down due at signing including first month payment. I get Xplan pricing with my work and they told me this is the absolute best deal I can get. The residual is $15790.95 which is 63%.

The second option to my surprise was to lease an SEL (fully loaded w/o appearance pack) model Fusion for 194.96 for 24 months with a residual of $18,851.20. 62%. Same down payment. I am trying to understand with Xplan pricing if this is a good deal on either of these. I would like a 12,000 mile lease, but it will be roughly be about $12 a month they said would take my payment to $208. I have to bring the car back tomorrow and make a decision. I was going to ask them to split the difference on the mileage extra so I could stay at $199. The residual seems high on these but I will probably turn the car in because I will be upside down at the lease turn in. What are anybodys thoughts on these? Should I go for it with the xplan or am I getting taken? Please help. I am a first time lease customer. Also, the manager said the xplan was $125-150 above invoice and I am getting the "best deal anybody can get". Thanks.
  • temj12temj12 Posts: 451
    I recently looked at leasing for the first time. With the Z plan and 10,500 annually 24 month lease on a Fusion Sport list 31,690, the payment with taxes was 294 with 0 down. This was two weeks ago. The residual is high, which surprised me due to the model change. I would think that it would have been lower than that. I live in Nashville, Tennessee which has a 7% state tax and $100 max local tax. They are advertising a package which they call the moon and tune package in Detroit on an SEL that would probably be a little less than that. Your 2740 due at signing adds another 114 per month charge when spread out.
  • chad75chad75 Posts: 19
    Even though the new 2013 Ford Fusion is not yet available, is it possible to acquire lease details for the vehicle, particularly the residual value and money factor details? We plan to lease a 2013 Fusion SE 1.6L EcoBoost 6-speed manual (10k or 12k miles per year) for 36 months (or 48, depending on the deal).

While we are on the subject of new Fusion, is it better to wait until the car has been on the market for a bit before jumping at a lease (to get the best deals), or does Ford often offer great deals when new cars are first introduced? My wife and I have owned 19 cars between the two of us, but neither of us has ever leased a car!

Thank you!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    I should be able to give you an idea of what this car's current lease program is like chad75. It varies by region though. What state are you in? I can tell you that its current program isn't bad.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • chad75chad75 Posts: 19
    Sorry, I should have put that in the original message: Southwest Florida, specifically Fort Myers (33901).

Thank you!
    Don't worry about it chad75, it happens all the time :).

OK, Ford Credit's June base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Fusion SE 1.6L with 12,000 miles per year are...hmmmmm it appears as though your initial thought was right, I don't believe that Ford has any lease support on the '13 Fusion yet.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car-man,

Can you provide me with the current money factors and residuals for a 2012 Ford Fusion, SE and SEL? I am thinking of leasing one. Also, are you aware of any dealer incentives?

Thanks!
    I'd be happy to help you out greencardwpb. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Fusion SE with 15,000 miles per year are 0.75% to 1.25% (depending upon what region you are in) and 51%, respectively.

The lease rates would be exactly the same for the SEL, but its residual value would be 1% higher.

The cash incentive that is available on leases of this car again varies by region from $1,750 to $2,250.

There really isn't much in the way of dealer cash available on this car right now, just $500 on really old models in a couple of Ford's 22 regions.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_man,

Could you provide me with residuals and money factors for a 15k/yr and 16.5k/yr leases in the Philadelphia area for a 2012 Ford Fusion SE for 24 and 36 months for this month? I'm not sure if they use a prepay mileage charge for the 16.5k since they would only do 15k, 16.5k, or 18k. The others dealers that do a prepay let you buy any amount.

Thanks!
  • Thanks Car_man. I should have been more specific.

I am located in South Florida and am looking at a 24 month lease. I know Ford is advertising $199/mo for an SE auto with $1754 due at signing. This is after rebates. I was wondering what money factor and residual they are using and how it would affect the payment if I put nothing down.

Thanks again!
  • Car_Man, are the lease numbers for the 2013 fusion out yet?
    Thanks
  • I am looking to lease a 2012 ford fusion in sarasota florida by the end of the week and my company has access to the x plan pricing. I am new to leasing so I am not sure I totally understand how it works and am very nervous about. I thought x plan pricing offers good pricing and protects you from paying too much when buying the car. But does leasing with the xplan put me at risk of being swindled on the leasing terms if I am not lease savvy? Do I tell the dealer upfront that I am leasing and want to do xplan pricing? Any guidance anyone could provide me I would great appreciate it!
  • They are fenderman2. Ford Credit's special lease rates for the 2013 Fusion vary from 5.5% to 6.5%, depending upon which one of Ford's myriad of regions you are in. The residual values vary by trim level.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi swflgal. X-Plan does provide you with a fixed attractive price on a Ford vehicle. Theoretically dealers shouldn't mess around with the lease program for an X-Plan deal, but I suppose that you never know. If you provide me with the details of the car that you are interested in, how long you want to lease it for and what mileage allowance you need I can provide you with the details of Ford's current lease program in your area that you can bring with you to the dealer to make sure that they aren't playing any games.

Car_man
    Host
  • car man, thanks. Im looking at an SE manual with luxury package. What are the residuals.
  • Yeh were looking at 2013 Fusions as well and trying to figure out leasing. Dealers don't have any in for another week or two. Looking at 13' SE most likely with fwd, 2.0 eco etc.
  • ajr1775ajr1775 Posts: 33
    I'll be trying to lease a 2013 Fusion Hybrid come end of December. Going to do it via Carwoo and I figure near end of month and near end of quarter during a tough sales month for dealers will get me a good price. Going to submit for the Hybrid and the SE in case the Hybrid price does hold up strong. I'll come back to get current money factor and residual at that time and let you all know how its working out; I have near perfect credit score so I'm going to negotiate as hard as I can.
  • Are you saying that the best money factors offered are 0.0023 to 0.0027, or am I misunderstanding your post?