Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Fusion Lease Questions

Comments

• brakbrak Posts: 11
    Carman,

My 2004 F-150 XLT RCL expires 08/06.....I want a Fusion SE MSRP is $22,595. Ford dealer said I could trade prior to lease end. Do you think incentives will get better by August or should I look at doing it now?
    Also, what are the current lease rate and RV for 36 month lease? Incentives?
    Thanks......
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi brak. Consumers usually lose money by trying to get out of their leased vehicles before the scheduled ends of their deals. If I was in your situation, I personally would wait until July or August to lease a new vehicle. While I don't know the specifics of your current lease, I suspect that Ford's lease program on the Fusion would have to get substantially worse (which I find highly unlikely) for you to com out ahead by leasing now.

Ford's lease program for this car varies depending upon what part of the country you are in. If you tell me the name of your home state, I'd be happy to give you an idea of what this car's current lease program is like.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • brakbrak Posts: 11
    Thanks for the quick response....
    I am in Houston Texas. I wonder if I could order a 2007 to arrive in August. If leasing, can you order a car?
    Can you haggle when ordering or only on cars on the lot?
    I am also looking at a Saturn ION...(see post under Saturn Lease) Both dealers said then could buy out my lease (two payments left) and either apply any equity or roll balance to new vehicle lease. My truck lease is 24 month Red Carpet option so I can walk away....I am at 21K miles with allowable 24k.
    You're welcome, brak. Consumers can lease ordered vehicles, however I do not believe that Ford Credit has published a lease program yet. As a result, it is impossible to say exactly how much this car will cost to lease. The dealer that you place your order with won't even know until the 2007 Focus begins to arrive at dealers. You should still be able to negotiate the selling price of an ordered vehicle, but you probably will not be able to get as good a deal on an ordered car than you will be able to get that a dealer already has in stock. This is because dealers would rather seal the deal and take consumers off the market right away rather than place an order for them and possibly have it fall through. Also, dealers are paying floorplan interest on their current inventory and want to sell any vehicles that they have in stock as quickly as possible.

Car_man
    Host
  • ocrx66ocrx66 Posts: 9
    Hi Carman:

I have narrowed my vehicle down to a Ford Fusion 6 cylinder SEL and I have a couple questions. I will be leasing thru FMC with an x plan and this is what the dealer has told me re: residuals and the money factors in the 44116 zip code:

24 months: 60% residual @12k per year
    58% residual @15k per year
    3% m.f. on both;

36 months: 51% residual @12k per year
    49% residual @15k per year
    3.25% m.f. on both.

1) Are the quoted numbers re: the above as given by the dealer accurate? 2) Is there any maunufacturer to dealer incentives, in adddition to the $1000.00 customer cash available.

Even though I can get with an x-plan the dealer sounds like he wants to pick up the last couple of pymnts. on my current lease so it makes me believe there may be a direct incentive from FMC directly to the dealer that is not readily published. Its also the end of the month and I suspect they are trying to make quota. Any infor. you could provide would be deeply appreciated as i want to get this done within the next couple of days.
    THANKS IN ADVANCE
  • ocrx66ocrx66 Posts: 9
    Carman

I forgot, do you also have the stats. for the current advertised lease special for a Fusion 4 cylinder automatic with the same parameters!
    Thanks again!
  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,648
    I was under the impression that with Ford RCL was, if you were with-in the last 3 months of your lease and leased another ford through thier RCL program that ford well wave those last 3 month payments...

Tony/PHX :P
  • rj123456rj123456 Posts: 128
    First-time ever lessee, did I do ok?

I leased a blue Zephyr late on Memorial Day with the following options:
    * HID lights
    * THX
    * Chrome wheels
    * Cooled seats

MSRP including destination charge ~ $32,540
    Cap cost ~ $26,288
    Residual ~ $16,270
    Payments including 8.25% CA tax for 39 months: ~$293.

10,500 miles per year, with 25 cents/miles beyond that. I've averaged less than 8K/year on my previous car so I should be ok with the mileage cap.
    Hi ocrx66. The lease rates that you were quoted for this car are right in line with Ford Credit's current base lease program for it. I don't believe that Ford is providing any cash incentives on the '06 Fusion, other than the $1,000 bonus cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ocrx66. Ford's lease program for this car varies depending upon what part of the country you are in. If you tell me the state that you plan on leasing your car in, I would be happy to give you an idea of what its current lease rate and residual value should be.

Car_man
    Host
  • hgershmanhgershman Posts: 15
    Carman

I may be leasing a Fusion SE or SLE in the near future as well...if you could please furnish me with magic leasing numbers for 12,000 miles over 36 months for New York, I 'd appreciate it. Thanks.
  • I was wondering if I got a real A-plan price, because when I was calling for quotes there was quite a bit of variation:

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4 cyl with auto and sport package for $222/mo 36 mo; 10,500 mi/yr low mileage lease with nothing out of pocket. Some were quoting $50 more per month.
  • We bought 2006 Ford Fusion five months ago and love it. We bought it for wife to commute to work 126 miles a day and to replace the 2003 Focus.

What I wonder is why someone would want to lease this car unless it will be your family car and not a commuter car.

Leasing and 12000 miles goes by fast.We have only leased one time in our life and it was Dodge SUV with 15,000 miles and it almost buried us time we got out from under the contract. I for one would never lease again and I understand if its a company you get write-off but most people can not even do that!

Five months and our Fusion goes in on June 28,06 for service so that would mean about 25,000 for the year.I know many commuters don't drive this far five days a week but the extra cost! Then at end of lease if they find anything it cost you more and many dealers go out of their way to find something! :shades:
    softballdad3 leaseing isn't for everybody. There are tax advantages to lease if you own a business. The other positive is, if you are someone who doesn't drive much, less then 12-15K miles a year, you can get into a new car every 24-36 months with little or no cash out of pocket and have payment that are much smaller then if you bought. Just because it didn't work for you don't mean it doesn't work for others.

Tony :shades:
  • Tony, I think my point was with the Fusion for most people like ourselves its a commute car and to run around town shopping and type things. It doesn't take long to have the miles put you over the limit.

On the lease I was talking about SUV was our family car for vacations and hauling softball girls to tournaments. We couldn't stay under 15000 miles unless we parked it three months a year.

Then too we would see at the end of the lease we owned nothing and if we bought the SUV yes payments would have been a little higher but another year we would own a four year old SUV!
    Her you go, hgershman. If you were to lease a 2006 Ford Fusion SE 4-cylinder through Ford Credit in New York right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 3.25% and 52%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2006 Fusion SEL 4-cylinder should be 3.25% and 51%. Let me know if you are interested in the V6 models instead of the 4-cylinder models.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hi seekingbargain. Getting Ford's A-Plan price means that you got an attractive set price for the car that you are interested in. $222 per month with nothing due at lease signing sounds like a very good payment for this car, especially if other dealers were quoting you $50 per month more for an identical vehicle. The A-Plan price should not vary from dealer to dealer, but one never knows what is going to happen so it is important to have the dealer or dealers that you are working with provide you with your vehicle's actual selling price. This price is easy to compare when getting quotes from multiple dealers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • vwvw1vwvw1 Posts: 18
    Hello, I'm looking at leasing a Fusion SE 4 cyl with automatic & Sport pkg. MSRP is $19,800. Can you give me the lease numbers for 3yr/12k for Mass and NH? What kind of discounts are on the cars? Thank you!
  • scape2scape2 Posts: 4,119
    Please explain to me how a lease benefits a private customer. Leases are in my book a loose, loose situation. After paying all that money you get nothing, nada, zilch. You don't own a thing. Why lease? After they want to sell you the car for high blue book, and pay yet another 3-5 years on the vehicle!!!
    Why lease, someone pleas explain.... :sick:
    Will if you look at a lease as a loose-loose situation then it would hard to convince you other wise. But basically for the pvt person, it allows them to get a new car every couple of years for very little money.

Let say you wanted to lesse a BMW 330i (Now this is for comparision and not for real) to lease one, you can walk into the dealer, pay small amount up front (say $1900) and payments of $450/m for 24 months. If you bought the car you put down (say $4K) and your payments for 60 months would be $500/m. so it allows someone to have a nicer car more often for less money.

• chee2chee2 Posts: 1
    I have been trying to decide between the Ford Fusion and a Nissan Altima 36 month lease for the past couple weeks and I’m finding the process rather confusing and was hoping for some help.
    One of the first questions I have regards the X plan (plan for friends and family of Ford). Someone told me that there is no need to negotiate if I’m using the X plan and the price will be right at invoice and I will get all incentives. On the ford website I saw advertised a deal for 500 cash back for college students, that’s an incentive right? However the dealer said I’m not eligilable for it? I don’t understand why not.

The car I ended up looking at was an SEL I4 w. leather, the
    print out the dealer gave me showed the MSRP being 22245 and with the x plan I would get it at 21391. I planed to out 2000 down and this would get me payments at around 270 a month for 36 month 12,000 a year. Is this a good deal?

Is it a better bet right now to lease a Nissan altima due to the higher residual value? I went to their website looking for the nationally advertised lease deal they were currently offering and could not find one? Are they not currently offering one? I’m sure there is a site that list current lease offers from companies?
    Sorry about being long winded I just find the whole process overwhelming.
    Regarding the Fusion dealer invoice for a base SEL w/I-4 is $18,985, leather at dealer cost is $779, I'm sure you have added other options to make the MSRP $22,245. Now the dealer profit on the car is 7% of the MSRP (22,245) that makes it (1557.15) Now reading " Plan -X I cant speak on that, but I'm sure if you let your fingers do the walking at edmunds.com you will find a lot of information regarding dealer price...

Regarding the Altima, Nissan is having a $199/m lease on the 2.5S w/ speical edition package. This is off the Nissian web page

"2006 Altima 2.5S Auto w/ Special Edition Package, Mats and Splash Lease - 36 MONTHS - $199/MONTH - $2,639 INITIAL PAYMENT"

I have seen local dealer have the same payment with $1000 out of pocket cost. My parents have a Altima 3.5 SE and I'm very impressed with it, lots of room in the car...

• vwvw1vwvw1 Posts: 18
    Hello, anyone know the lease infomation?? Thank you!

I'm looking at leasing a Fusion SE 4 cyl with automatic & Sport pkg. MSRP is $19,800. Can you give me the lease numbers for 3yr/12k for Mass and NH? What kind of discounts are on the cars?
    I can't give you the lease # but I can give you dealer invoice on the car and package..

Dealer invoice on a SE w/ 4cyl is $16,525 and Sport package is $370. Now do not forget that the dealer profit on the car is 7% of MSRP on the sticker which is $1224.65 Remember this.... Dealers are hurting so Negoatate the LOWEST price for a lease, now that I have given you this infomation you have a good idea on the price...

• lisad3lisad3 Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,
    I live in Florida and am new to the leasing thing. I was interseted in the Mercury Milan I-4 automatic. Mercury is running a lease special for 39 months, 0 money down, 0 security, and 0 first month's payment. The payment is $257 a month. The residual value is 44% or $9117 and the rate was 1.5%. The MSRP is 19,820. Is this a good deal? What other questions should I ask the dealer?
    Thanks,
    Lisad3
  • clyonsclyons Posts: 2
    has anyone seen the advertised price to lease a Fusion for $189 a month with no money down?
  • dlangdlang Posts: 59
    In Jan 2006 I leased a fully loaded 2006 Milan Premier for $337/month, 36 months, 12K miles. This "no $ down" lease required I pay around $850 "bank" and other charges upfront. This was the lowest lease price I found, other dealers wanted about $400/month. Total cost over 3 years is about $12,500 so ~$350/month.
  • ivydlskivydlsk Posts: 2
    I am a college student fixing to buy my first car. I am looking at a 3yr lease on a '06 Milan. I will put more than 15,000 miles a yr on the car, but my intention is to purchase at the end of the lease. I am actively saving so that at the time of the lease end, I will be able to put in the neighborhood of 5,000.00 toward the remainder and then finance the rest.......which should leave me around 5,000.00 to have to finance.

Is this a good idea......am I looking at it the right way? It is my understanding with the RCL with the intent to purchase, the mileage doesn't hurt you.

Also, I was planning to put 1,000.00 down at the start ...is that a good idea or would that money be better used at the end of the lease?
    Here's the information that you're looking for, vwvw1. According to the latest information that I have seen, Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Fusion SE with 12,000 miles per year are 3.5% and 50%, respectively in your area. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 lease cash that Ford is currently providing on it. If you are not completely sold on leasing, you may be interested in a new promotion that Ford is launching tomorrow. It is going to provide 0% financing for up to 6 years on all 2006 models. This is a very compelling offer. Check out the following discussion for informaiton on how much you should pay for this model right now: "Ford Fusion: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi scape2. Lease payments are comprised of two main parts, the interest portion and the depreciation portion. All vehicles depreciate, regardless of how you pay for them. With leases, consumers are just paying for their vehicles' depreciation as they go along instead of taking the hit all at one time like they would if they had purchased and then sold their vehicle. Consumers who enjoy driving a new vehicle every couple of years can theoretically come out the same by leasing a car or by financing / paying cash for the same vehicle and selling it after the same period of time. In fact, some models, especially many luxury vehicles like BMWs, have lease support but no other special promotions available on them. In these instances, it would be silly NOT to lease. One can save thousands of dollars by taking advantage of the special interest rates and inflated residual values that BMW is providing. The bottom line is that it varies depending upon the deals that are available, but leasing is often a very attractive way to finance a new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.