Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Fusion Lease Questions

Comments

• I am planning to lease a Fusion and do not have a preference on which one (S, SE, SEL, I4 or V6). I can drive a manual if I thought that was the "best deal". I qualify for the A plan price. Have you compared the trim levels and options to see which ones would be a better deal? I'm trying to avoid going 'cheap' i.e. getting a manual transmission and then having a lower residual when I could have 'upgraded', gotten a higher residual and therefore ended up paying the same. I guess what I want to know is which one is the "best value" even if I pay a little more each month.
  • Car_man,
    Since there is no Milan Lease forum, I figured that I'd post here.

I'm looking at leasing a Milan Premium for either 2 or 3 years. (Probably 2 yr/12K per year.)

I figure that if the MSRP=22K, I can buy it for 19K (Cap Cost) including A-Plan Price (20K)- 1K in rebates (19K Cap Cost excl. ttl.)

I think 2yr /12k yr residual is 60% of MSRP,and a 3yr= 50%. With an interest rate of 3.5 percent for either lease, I came up with a 2yr no money down payment of $288/month+tax/title/tag, or a 3 yr 36 mo payment of 280/month.

Considering the car will be in better shape at the end of 2yrs than 3, and that I can get A-Plan Pricing, I am leaning toward a 2 yr. (I don't want to put tires/brakes on it to turn it in.)

How do my numbers look to you?

Thank,
    Jim Miller
    Assumn
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,026
    A magazine reporter is hoping to talk with some Fusion owners. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, March 29, 2006 containing your daytime contact information and a few words about your experience with the vehicle.

Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• burgeburge Posts: 1
    Hello,

Can anybody supply the current Fusion Lease payments, lease rate and residual percent for 2 and 3 years?
  • qtpykellqtpykell Posts: 3
    Hi Car man,

can you tell me the residual and base lease rate on the ford fusion SEL V6 with all options for a 24 month lease, 12K miles per year? Also, are there any rebates still present?
    Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi burge. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in for you if you let me know what these numbers are.

In the meantime, I can tell you what this car's lease program is like. Its' exact numbers will vary depending upon which trim level you want. For now I will assume that you want a Fusion "S" model. Let me know if you want something different. If you were to lease a 2006 Ford Fusion S through Ford Credit right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 6.75% and 54%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be 6.0% and 44%.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    Here you go, qtpykell. If you were to lease a 2006 Ford Fusion SEL V6 through Ford Credit right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 6.75% and 60%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, keep in mind that Ford is currently providing $1,000 lease cash plus up to an additional $1,000 down payment match on it. These incentives will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • rammyrrammyr Posts: 2
    Is this a good deal?...
    36-month lease on a Ford Fusion SE, 4-cyl., 0% downpayment, CAD$490/month with reidual value at CAD$13,900. Initial payment of $700 to get the car out the door.
    This is the deal I'm given and I'd like to know if this is a good one compared to others. What would be a 'great' deal in this case? How low do you know it can go? Would appreciate your inputs on this. Thanks!
  • ral2167ral2167 Posts: 641
    doesn't that seem way too high? couldn't you get an accord SE for $200 a month less?

seems way way way too high. am i nuts?
  • rammyrrammyr Posts: 2
    yes, it does seem high, doesn't it? they're saying that its because of the zero downpayment. the base lease price is CAD$360/month plus taxes.
    with the residual value, it comes out to $28,540 canadian dollars or about $23,800 US dollars... if i buy the car at the end of the lease.
    the car has auto tranny and alum wheels. is it still a bad deal?
    looks like its not! your feedback please?

honda was leasing me a civic dx for CAD$408/month with a CAD$6,000 downpayment.
  • brakbrak Posts: 11
    Carman,

My 2004 F-150 XLT RCL expires 08/06.....I want a Fusion SE MSRP is $22,595. Ford dealer said I could trade prior to lease end. Do you think incentives will get better by August or should I look at doing it now?
    Also, what are the current lease rate and RV for 36 month lease? Incentives?
    Thanks......
    Hi brak. Consumers usually lose money by trying to get out of their leased vehicles before the scheduled ends of their deals. If I was in your situation, I personally would wait until July or August to lease a new vehicle. While I don't know the specifics of your current lease, I suspect that Ford's lease program on the Fusion would have to get substantially worse (which I find highly unlikely) for you to com out ahead by leasing now.

Ford's lease program for this car varies depending upon what part of the country you are in. If you tell me the name of your home state, I'd be happy to give you an idea of what this car's current lease program is like.

Car_man
    Host
  • brakbrak Posts: 11
    Thanks for the quick response....
    I am in Houston Texas. I wonder if I could order a 2007 to arrive in August. If leasing, can you order a car?
    Can you haggle when ordering or only on cars on the lot?
    I am also looking at a Saturn ION...(see post under Saturn Lease) Both dealers said then could buy out my lease (two payments left) and either apply any equity or roll balance to new vehicle lease. My truck lease is 24 month Red Carpet option so I can walk away....I am at 21K miles with allowable 24k.
    You're welcome, brak. Consumers can lease ordered vehicles, however I do not believe that Ford Credit has published a lease program yet. As a result, it is impossible to say exactly how much this car will cost to lease. The dealer that you place your order with won't even know until the 2007 Focus begins to arrive at dealers. You should still be able to negotiate the selling price of an ordered vehicle, but you probably will not be able to get as good a deal on an ordered car than you will be able to get that a dealer already has in stock. This is because dealers would rather seal the deal and take consumers off the market right away rather than place an order for them and possibly have it fall through. Also, dealers are paying floorplan interest on their current inventory and want to sell any vehicles that they have in stock as quickly as possible.

Car_man
    Host
  • ocrx66ocrx66 Posts: 9
    Hi Carman:

I have narrowed my vehicle down to a Ford Fusion 6 cylinder SEL and I have a couple questions. I will be leasing thru FMC with an x plan and this is what the dealer has told me re: residuals and the money factors in the 44116 zip code:

24 months: 60% residual @12k per year
    58% residual @15k per year
    3% m.f. on both;

36 months: 51% residual @12k per year
    49% residual @15k per year
    3.25% m.f. on both.

1) Are the quoted numbers re: the above as given by the dealer accurate? 2) Is there any maunufacturer to dealer incentives, in adddition to the $1000.00 customer cash available.

Even though I can get with an x-plan the dealer sounds like he wants to pick up the last couple of pymnts. on my current lease so it makes me believe there may be a direct incentive from FMC directly to the dealer that is not readily published. Its also the end of the month and I suspect they are trying to make quota. Any infor. you could provide would be deeply appreciated as i want to get this done within the next couple of days.
    THANKS IN ADVANCE
  • ocrx66ocrx66 Posts: 9
    Carman

I forgot, do you also have the stats. for the current advertised lease special for a Fusion 4 cylinder automatic with the same parameters!
    Thanks again!
  • flightnurseflightnurse at 35K feetPosts: 1,523
    I was under the impression that with Ford RCL was, if you were with-in the last 3 months of your lease and leased another ford through thier RCL program that ford well wave those last 3 month payments...

Tony/PHX :P
  • rj123456rj123456 Posts: 128
    First-time ever lessee, did I do ok?

I leased a blue Zephyr late on Memorial Day with the following options:
    * HID lights
    * THX
    * Chrome wheels
    * Cooled seats

MSRP including destination charge ~ $32,540
    Cap cost ~ $26,288
    Residual ~ $16,270
    Payments including 8.25% CA tax for 39 months: ~$293.

10,500 miles per year, with 25 cents/miles beyond that. I've averaged less than 8K/year on my previous car so I should be ok with the mileage cap.
    Hi ocrx66. The lease rates that you were quoted for this car are right in line with Ford Credit's current base lease program for it. I don't believe that Ford is providing any cash incentives on the '06 Fusion, other than the $1,000 bonus cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ocrx66. Ford's lease program for this car varies depending upon what part of the country you are in. If you tell me the state that you plan on leasing your car in, I would be happy to give you an idea of what its current lease rate and residual value should be.

Car_man
    Host