Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Fusion Lease Questions

Comments

• huskie13huskie13 Posts: 9
    Hello
    I am looking into Leasing a 2010 Sport AWD with 402A, and Navigation.
    I have an X plan pin. so i am guessing purchase price should be about 30,700?
    do you have an lease info available yet?
    and do you have any info on the flex buy plan?

I am looking to put as little down as possible.

thanks
    Brad
  • jklossjkloss Posts: 39
    X Plan on Spoet AWD 402A is 28592 plus freight of 724. In zip 606 there is a $1000 incentive so the price would be 28317
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi Brad. I have seen Ford's lease program for the 2010 Fusion. Its program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different.

Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Ford Fusion Sport AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 3.5% and 49%, respectively.

Ford's lease program often varies by region. If you tell me what state you are in, I can confirm that this is the exact program that is available in your area.

Given its lack of popularity, I do not personally keep tabs on the details of Ford's Flex Buy program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Any information on the interest rates and residuals for the 2010 Fusion hybrid for a 36, 42 or 48 month term (actually in Texas its the Red Carpet Ownershiip Balloon payment plan because of our tax laws). The manager at the dealership did not yet know and claimed he thought the residual on the Hybrid (36 months) might be as high as 56%?
  • huskie13huskie13 Posts: 9
    Hello Car_Man
    Here are the rest of the details on the lease.

2010 Fusion AWD 402A, Navigation.
    39 months 12K miles and one with 10.5K per year
    Maybe 36 months with 10.5K miles per year
    I live in the Chicago area, 60074

thank you for your help
    Brad
  • Car_Man,

Do you have the 2010 Fusion SEL residual & MF rates for 24 & 36 mo with 15k miles? Looking at the SEL I4 with RapidSpec 302A.

While I'm not sure the Hybrid is worth the extra $, if you have the rates for it as well, I'd like to compare the two.

Thanks,

Steve
    Thanks for the additional information, Brad. It actually appears as though Ford pulled the plug on its special lease program in a number of areas. I don't believe that it is providing lease support on the 2010 Fusion in its Chicago region. You should ask a dealer to make certain that is the case. Let me know if you hear otherwise and I'll do some digging to see what I can find out.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Steve. As I mentioned in my previous post, it appears as though Ford has completely pulled the plug on its lease support in a number of areas. From the looks of your user id, it appears as though you are in California. If so, you're in luck. Ford is still providing lease support on select models in the Los Angeles area.

Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Fusion SEL 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are 3.5% and 48%, respectively.

I don't believe that Ford is currently providing any lease support on the 2010 Fusion Hybrid. It is not providing support on any 24 month leases either.

Car_man
    Host
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Posts: 1,405
    Decided to purchase.

MSRP was 23,975. Dealer wanted $560/mo for 36 month, 15000, 5% lease with a 48% residual. That includes all personal property and sales taxes.

Purchase through credit union w/ no money down will be $380/mo.
  • jdj514jdj514 Posts: 1
    Hey Car_Man,

I'm looking to lease a 2010 Fusion SE - MSRP $22,145

39 month lease with 10.5K miles per year
    I live in Southwest Florida - 33904

What type of money factor and residual value is Ford offering right now? My initial contact with the dealership gave me 50% and 6.5.

Thanks,
    JD
    Hey JD. According to the latest information that I have seen, Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Fusion SE with 10,500 miles per year are 4.75% and 52%, respectively. Ford's lease program varies by region though, so I'll have to check if this is the specific program that is available in your area right now.

As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
  • gmoney15gmoney15 Posts: 1
    Hey car man.. looking at leasing a 2010 Fusion SEL here in the Detroit, MI area. I am getting the Z plan price due to my father being a Ford retiree. The family has been using the same Ford dealership for years so have just got a quote from them. I chose a car on the lot with a sticker price of $28,105 and my Z plan price is $25,282.62. With no money down and a 36 month 12,000 miles lease I was qouted $396 including tax. Does seem about right for this area and these times? I last leased 3 years ago as well as my mom and seems like leasing has gone up. My moms 06 Fusion SEL was $262. The sales rep says things have just changed and rates are up since then. It just seems like they should be begging me to buy a car these days the way things are here. Is the $396 rate seem reasonable in your opinion?

Thanks, greg
  • fazworldfazworld Posts: 5
    I have the same question as many other people. I live in the Washington DC area and am interested in leasing a 2010 Fusion Hybrid. From reading all the recent posts, it seems that leasing a Ford is harder than at other manufacturers. I am currently leasing a 07 BMW 335i with a sales price of around $45,000 / 15,000 miles for $557 a month. Are there any promotional deals right now? What can I expect the monthly lease cost to be for a Fusion Hybrid? Is gmoney's quote a comparable one (even though that sales price is cheaper than the Hybrid)? I would rather lease than purchase since I seem to grow tired of the same car after 3 years.
  • fazworldfazworld Posts: 5
    Anyone have info on prices paid for leasing?
    Hi Greg. Even though Ford is technically providing lease rate on the 2010 Fusion right now, Ford Credit's lease program for it is not that great. The combination of this car's unattractive lease rate with the new, lower residual values that most banks are using these days and it's not a great car to lease. Unfortunately, the monthly payment that you were quoted for this car looks about right to me.

If I was in the market for a Fusion right now, I'd try to find a leftover 2009 model and finance it through Ford Credit at 0% for five years.

Car_man
    Host
  • rj123456rj123456 Posts: 130
    I'm in shock. This is the first lease I've ever done (2006 Lincoln Zephyr, not enough traffic in the MKZ forum!) and Ford Credit wants almost $3K in wear and tear items. The biggest item is over $2,000 for new wheels. Two of the wheels have VERY minor scratches, 1 has a noticeable scratch and the 4th is scratched up as I ran close to a curb. But I still don't understand why it's that much.

I tried to reason with them on the phone and they said they can't do anything as the estimate is made up by an "independent" agency (Datascan). I bet if they came up with reasonable quotes Ford will fire them and give the contract to another "independent" company.

Any suggestions on what to do? The original dealership closed, so Ford said I could return it to any dealership.

On the plus side I am about 1,500 miles shy of the 33K allowed. Not that they give me any credit for that.
  • karlhkarlh Posts: 1
    Hello there! New member today! I contacted a Western Mass Ford dealer with whom I have had great past relationships. The best 3 year, 36,000 mile lease he could get me into would have been a $ 392.00 monthly payment! It seems tougher and tougher to find manufacturers with high enough residuals to make a lease work. I am guessing that Ford's lease support here in New England is not very big either!
  • Car Man:

Live in Southern California and will be purchasing a 2010 Ford Fusion I-4 SE or SEL. Need current Base Lease Rate% and Residual% for 10,500K on 24 & 36 month Lease.

Is the Ford Acquisition Fee a done deal or negotiable? I've never done a Ford Credit Lease Deal so any other points/fees to be aware of specific to Ford Credit?

* If Ford is lurking, I'd would have gone for the Fusion Hybrid (great ride) but not without Ford Credit Sales Support. Just not worth it at this point. Maybe in 2011 Hybrids will be affordable alternatives without having to factor in "I like driving past the gas station and I like to be environmentally conscious" :)
  • kilnkiln Posts: 39
    I'd like to get the residual and money factor for a 2010 Fusion Sport.

36 months at 10,500 miles per year.

MSRP 28,095
    Sale price 24,400

Thanks
  • kilnkiln Posts: 39
    Disregard prior post. There isn't a delete button to remove it.
  • Hi rugbydad. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 Ford Fusion 1-4 SE with 10,500 miles per year in its Los Angeles region are 0.75% and 60%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 3.25% and 52%.

Ford Credit charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. You can either pay this charge at lease signing or have it added to your car's capitalized cost to bake it into your payment. Dealers cannot waive it.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that General Motors is currently providing on leases of it in your area.

Car_man
    Host
  • timmxtimmx Posts: 1
    Any current lease specials on the Fusion SEL 2010 in the Chicago area?

I'm looking to lease in the next week for 36 month / 12,000. Any idea/recent experience on what monthly payment range I can expect?
  • This was given from a dealer in Southern California.

Hosts: What do you think? I did not get any more info from them. How should I move forward?

Thanks in advance

MSRP: $30,530
    Invoice: $28,485
    Your Price: $28,785, minus Fords lease rebate of $1,750

o dollars out of your pocket sign and drive, based on approve credit.

23 payments of $458.00 plus state tax = 498.00 based off of 10,500 miles per year
    If you will give me $1,000 out of your pocket the payment drops to $417.00 plus tax = $454.00
    Hi timmx. Ford is currently providing lease support on the Fusion.

Fford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Fusion SEL with 12,000 miles per year in the Chicago are are 3.25% and 51%, respectively.

Ford is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car in your area.

I would be happy to use these numbers to work up a sample payment on the exact car that you are interested in leasing for you if you provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi laderaking. $300 over dealer invoice minus the available cash incentive is a very good selling price for this car. It wouldn't hurt to double check that the dealer is using the proper lease rate to calculate your payment, but this deal looks about as good as it is going to get for the combination of vehicle and term that you're interested in.

Having said that to me $450 per month for a 10,000 mile per year lease seems like a lot of money for a Ford Fusion.

If you switch to a 36 month or 39 month lease your payment will be more attractive. There are also some other vehicles out there that probably have more attractive lease programs running on them right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • rlsmith2212rlsmith2212 Posts: 3
    edited April 2010
    I have a Dealer quote for a 39 month Lease on a Fusion SEL 4cyl 6 speed auto Moon/Tune Leather.

Sales Price $23763. (Ford Retiree Z Plan)

Monthly Lease $366.
    (No out of pocket cash -out the door price)

39 months

10500 miles

Lease Rate 3.5% Residual 49%

Tennessee 37771 Sales Tax rate 8.5%

Total $2500 RCL/rebate Returning Leasee included

Is this the best I can get???
  • rpertusiorpertusio Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    Today, signed a lease for the Ford Fusion SE 2010 2.5L I4

~~~~~~ $23,690 MSRP Breakdown~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    $20,900 Standard Vehicle Price
    +$1,340 Rapid Spec 202A (Sun & Sync Value Package, Power Moonroof)
    -$445 Rapid Spec Savings
    +$295 Red Candy Metallic Tint
    +$875 6-SPD Auto Transmission
    +$725 Destination & Delivery

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

$22,295 Invoice (saw dealer's copy)
    $22,000 Selling Price (I asked for ~$295 below invoice)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -$1,250 Rebate/Incentive
    +$595 Acquisition fee
    +$14.15 Online Reg fee
    ==========
    $21,359.15 Adjusted Cap Cost

~~~~~ Lease Info ~~~~~~
    Through: Ford Credit
    @ 3.000% Lease Rate (0.00125 money factor)
    36 month lease
    Residual 51% ($11,865.15)
    Payment: $332.46/mo
    $510.96 Up Front Fees (1st month + Title/Reg/Plate/TireTax/DocFee/etc)
    12,000 miles/yr
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm assuming I did 'ok' being under dealer invoice, but open to suggestions for future leases!
    - rp

EDIT: Additional info... Credit score was 681, just above the magic 680 mark. Was NOT Pre-Approved online with Ford Credit. But, dealer ran it through CAB EAST LLC / Ford Credit and arrived at the rate above.
  • rufusthrufusth Posts: 1
    Looking for a 36 month lease in the NJ area on a 2011 Ford Fusion SEL and would like to know what is being offered in terms of rate and residual. Is there any national package right now? I also have an X-code PIN. Thanks.
    Hi rufusth. According to the latest information that I have seen, Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Fusion SEL 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are 3.0% and 49%, respectively. Ford is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car in your area.

I haven't seen anything on the 2011 Fusion. Is it even available at dealers yet?

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi everyone,
    My lease on my current fusion is coming to an end and i'm looking at leasing another 2010 SEL I4 FWD Fusion w/ 12000 miles per year for 24mo. Due to family members I qualify for A-Z plan. Went to my local dealer last night and did some pricing, residual was 59% (compared to 61% on my last lease) and APR was 1.25% (compared to 2.00% on my last lease). Theres $1250 of RCL rebates right now plus another $750 for lease renewal. With the most basic SEL I4 FWD it came out to about $303/mo with only first month payment, registration, and NY sales tax paid up front. Not that I don't trust this dealer, but back home i'm used to our familys regular dealer showing us every little thing on the computer as we work up the deal (residual, apr, a/z price, etc). At this dealer the sales people seem to have no power at all and keep wandering back and forth to the managers desk each time to work up the deal, then bring me back numbers. I feel like i'm out of the loop or that they might be hiding stuff from me.

My question is does anyone have access to the residual table for the other variations of the 2010 Ford Fusion SEL I4 FWD? Does the residual change with the different rapid spec model? I think it actually is changing since a friend of mine actually found it cheaper to lease a model with the higher equipment/rapid spec than the basic SEL I4 FWD. The only way I can see that to be possible is if the residual was higher since the MSRP/sales price would be higher too with the same rebate and APR. On that note, any chance the APR is changing with the rapid spec model # too?

Last question, does 1.25% seem like a decent APR? I've got perfect credit and I remember before I got my current fusion, I was leasing with a mountaineer at an APR of 0.5%, so 2% seemed like a big hike to me. 1.25% this time around seems better, but the dealer freely admitted that they make money on this APR part and being an A/Z customer i'm sure they're not make much on the vehicle itself with me.

If I can get a little more eqp for my $ then at least i'll feel like i'm getting a better deal.

SEL I4 FWD:
    300A (base SEL) MSRP $24,655, A/Z $22,360 - residual for 24mo/12k miles = 59%
    301A (moon/tune) MSRP $25,550, A/Z $23,112 - residual?
    302A (moon/tune + driver vision pkg) MSRP $26,450, A/Z $23,868 - residual?

Thanks for your time reading this long post! :)
This discussion has been closed.