Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Fusion Lease Questions

Comments

• I found out how to calculate the payment using the residual and money factor numbers.

Lease Equation

Now...I just need to find out the money factor and residual of a 2008 Fusion I4 SE...anyone?
  • Been offered a '08 Fusion SEL AWD, 12,000 miles/yr for a 36 mo. lease
    Lease Factor was 1.5% and a residual of 55%.
    MSRP is about $25k, $2,000 down + tax/fees, monthly payment would be $272.

How does that look?
  • Hi navyjay. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Ford Fusion SE 4-cylinder with 12,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 54%, respectively. As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its base lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi rpn914. The lease rate that you were quoted looks great. It's right in line with Ford Credit's base rate for the '08 Fusion. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
  • I'm considering a lease on a Ford Fusion and would greatly appreciate any feedback to make sure it's a reasonable deal. The car is a 2008 Ford Fusion SEL FWD with just about every option there is, including navigation, Sync, moon and tune and a spoiler. The MSRP of the car is $28,020, the quoted selling price over the phone is $25,810 minus the 500 rebate. The mileage if 16,500 for 36 months. I was emailed the following info on the 36 month lease: "money factor/ RCL rate 1.50, residual for 16,500 is .49 (49%).

The estimated monthly payment with $3,000 down is $324/month. I have never leased before and I am not sure if this is a good deal or not, or whether $3k down is too much for this car.

If anyone has any feedback please let me know. Thanks!
  • thekingtheking Posts: 107
    Never go with cash...always nothing down..if you total vehicle,God forbid) you are out $3000....I would offer $300.00 a month $0 down..all fees including acquistion fees incl in lease..all you pay up front is 1st month... registration and state taxes every month !!! :) I think you mean 12,000 miles a year !! (36,000 for total lease ) !
  • theking: thanks for the response. I'd prefer not to have to put anything down so I'll give it a shot. As for the mileage, I was looking for a higher-mileage lease. I asked for pricing for 15,000 per year for a total of 45,000 miles over a three year lease. The mileage of 16,500 per year was quoted as being only $12 more per month than the 15,000 mile price. I don't think I'll need that many miles anyway, so it was a bit academic, but the mileage I quoted was correct. The higher the mileage the greater the change in the residual though, so I understand. Thanks again.
  • rpn, is the $2K down cash or part of the rebate, etc. What is the total amount you are taking out of your pocket. I ask, because I just closed on a deal on the same car with leather seats & moon/tune package - total amount out of pocket was $2K, I turned in a lease 3 months ealry - the dealer took one payment, Ford took the other 2 payments and the dealer also took approx. $650 in wear/tear charges. My total payment came out to $316 per month for 36 months. Lease factor was also 1.5% and residual around the same as yours. This is in NYC.
  • 737capt737capt Posts: 14
    Anyone have the latest residuals and money fatctor and any rebates for a 36 month lease on a FWD Fusion SEL in South Florida?
  • Hello Hosts. Thank you for providing such good and advice.
    I new to leasing finance so I'll include details that might allow you to form an opinion concerning a dealer's 3 yr/36,000 mile lease offer. I'm using the x plan.
    2008 Ford Fusion SEL FWD. There are a lot of options. I won't include them here. The MSRP is 26660.00. The x plan price is 24926.94, Cap cost is 23926.94. Residual value is 14663. Depreciation is 9263.94. Rent charge is 2041. Total base payment 11305.08 /36 = 314.03 + 18.84 monthly sales tax = 332.87

The dealer did a credit check and said I qualified for 1.9% financing. I don't know if this has anything to do with the number grid Ford posts under Rebates and Incentives. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks again. Brett.
  • Here you go, 737capt. According to the latest information that I have seen, Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Ford Fusion SEL 2WD with 15,000 miles per year in Florida are 1.5% and 52%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $1,,000 lease cash that Ford is currently providing on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're very welcome, Brett. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

You are fortunate that you are able to purchase, or in this case lease, the Fusion that you are interested in through Ford's X-Plan. The ability to do so should guarantee that you get an attractive selling price. If you want a conventional loan on this car, you can finance it through Ford Credit at 1.9% for 5 years. Ford Credit has different interest rates for leases though. Its base lease rate for a 36 month lease of an '08 Fusion is actually a little better, at 1.5%. If you decide to lease, make sure that the dealer you are working with uses this lease rate to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • kilnkiln Posts: 39
    Does Ford offer a 24 month lease on the Fusion SE 4 cylinder?

Looking for interest rate and residual for:

24 months
    10k and/or 12k miles per year

I only need a car for a couple of years and would prefer a new vehicle.
  • Am looking in the chicagoland suburban area for the best possible lease deal 3 years and 15,000 miles per year was quoted 347.00 per month but really don't know if this is a good deal anyone have any expierences in my are with helping me out.
  • gotpsagotpsa Posts: 4
    Looking for numbers for 2 & 3 yr, 15k/yr lease rates for Fusion SEL 4 cyl auto. Residual and money factors. Thanks, Ron
  • What would be a good monthly price for the I4 SE Fusion/I4 Milan automatic with a 3 year, 15k mile lease with no money down and possibly around $2k in negative equity from my previous car? I figure around $320-$340/mo with taxes in North Jersey should be about a fair price. Can anyone help me on this?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi kiln. Yes, Ford is offering 24 month leases on this car right now. If you were to lease a 2008 Ford Fusion SE 4-cylinder through Ford Credit right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value would be 1.0% and 60%, respectively in most areas. The residual value for a lease with 10,500 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, Ron. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4-cylinder with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 1.0% and 49%. If you were to lease this car with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 2% higher. When negotiating your lease, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 cash incentive that Ford is providing on leases of this car through Ford Credit right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi wysiwgy6000. I see that you are upside down on your current car. You would be better off waiting to get a new car until you had no negative equity in your current vehicle. If you absolutely can't wait, it is essential to get the best deal possible on your new lease. Let's see if we can help you achieve that goal. The lease payment for the Fusion that you are interested in will vary depending upon what its MSRP and selling price are. For now I will work up a sample payment on a base 2008 Fusion SE 4-cylinder with an automatic transmission that has an MSRP of $22,410 and a selling price of $19,932 ($500 over invoice minus the $1,250 lease cash). According to my calculations, if you were to lease this car through Ford Credit right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $262. If you were to add $2,000 in negative equity to this, it would increase the payment to around $318. As you can see, your estimate was pretty close to what this car is going to cost to lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • njandrewnjandrew Posts: 1
    Hi
    I am looking for info on a SE-I4 auto lease in NJ. Interested in 36mo @12000mi/yr. From the above info I see Lease rate of about 1%, not sure the residual or MRSP. Edmunds shows a MSRP of 20660 but you have 22410 in a post above. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Andrew
This discussion has been closed.