Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Ford Mustang Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi billybobjones. The problem is that in most areas Ford is not currently providing lease support on the 2010 Mustang. As a result, if you were to lease this car through Ford Credit, you would have to use its standard lease rates...which as you have seen are absolutely terrible.

If you want to lease, the Mustang probably isn't for you. Having said that, you may want to wait until tomorrow before you give up all hope. I heard that Ford recently introduced lease support on the Mustang in a couple of areas. It may be using this small offer as a pilot program with the intention of possibly rolling out lease support on a much larger scale on this model in the near future. Please feel free to check back with me in a couple of days and I will be happy to fill you in on the details of Ford's new July incentives.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ajpbf7ajpbf7 Posts: 63
    edited September 2010
    Hello Carman,

Could you please post the interest rate(MF) and residual for the 2011 Base Mustang V6 with a manual transmission & the GT Base for 24 & 36 months; 10,500k per year. No sure if region pays a role, but I am in KY. I appreciate it.
  • Hi ajpbf7. The area that you are in plays a huge role, particularly on this car. Ford Credit is only providing lease support on the 2011 Mustang in a select few regions right now. Unfortunately, I don't believe that Kentucky is one of the areas where Ford is providing lease support on this model.

If that is indeed the case, then you definitely don't want to lease one because Ford's standard lease program is not very attractive.

Instead, I probably would finance this car at 1.9% for up to 3 years, 2.9% for 4 years, 3.9% for 5 years, or 5.9% for six years.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello Car man,

can you provide me with the following information on a 2011 Mustang V6 Premium with Automatic Transmission, Electronics package and rear view camera on a 36 month, 12000 miles/yr lease, in NYC

MSRP
    Invoice
    Residual %
    Residual $
    Money Factor
  • elvissselvisss Posts: 14
    I have a 10 month old boy and i am in the market for a new car...

have been doing research on some family sedans, things like malibu, passat..etc. but i am really not into those cars.

Today this idea pops into my mind, how about a 2011 mustang? but the question is, will it go well with my baby?

i guess the rear seat will be very narrow and it is gonna be baby seat friendly?

how do you think?
  • The rear seat is no good for a rear facing baby seat. Works fine with my Sunshine Kids Radian in the forward facing configuration.
  • Hello infalliblesal. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mustang V6 Coupe with 12,000 miles per year in its New York region are 6.5% and 56%, respectively.

As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates for the vehicles that it leases instead of money factors. You can convert its lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Ford is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this model in your area.

You can find the exact MSRP and dealer invoice of the car that you want over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • I was just quoted 36months $2600 down, $489 per month in Atlanta for a V6 premium. Does this sound like a good deal to anybody?
  • Hi rifter. It would be much easier for us to evaluate this deal if you provided us with this car's full MSRP and selling price first. These numbers will show us how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate.

Car_man
    Host
  • i wouldnt at that price. regardless of exact specs
  • j_smith1j_smith1 Posts: 14
    edited December 2010
    Car_man,

Do you have lease info on the 2011 GT500 coupe? I am in NY and I am looking for lease rate (money factor) and residual on the car at 3 years 10k/mile a year.

Thanks!
  • I'm about to pull the trigger on ordering a 2012 Mustang V6 premium with a msrp of $31,810 and a negotiated sales price of $29,388 ($100 over invoice). As production of 2012 models hasn't ramped up yet, I expect delivery to be mid-March at the earliest. Since I won't be driving this car excessively, I'm considering a 3 year, 12,000 mile per year lease. My credit rating is excellent. I haven't discussed the leasing options with the dealer yet; I'm hoping to get some MF and residual info here first. I realize this is a new model year and this info may not yet be available, but if anyone knows anything, or has any thoughts or suggestions, I'd be very appreciative. Thanks.
  • xavxav Posts: 23
    Leasing the Ford Mustang seems like a terrible idea.

You can lease a G37 coupe for just a bit more. Some cars with comparable prices as the V6 mustang can be leased for $199 a month with little if anything down.

The car is super cheap, and has descent resale value.. why not just purchase it rather than lease it?
    Hello carman,

Would you please post the MF and Residual for a 24 month lease with 10.5k miles per year on the Base Mustang V6 and Base GT. If you could indicate the residual difference on the Premium models as well I would appreciate it. I am in KY. Thank you.
  • Hello ajpbf7. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Mustang Coupe V6 with 10,500 miles per year are 1.0% and 62%, respectively.

I don't think that the addition of the Premium Package makes a difference.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Carman. Are the MF & Residual the same for the Base GT? Are you sure there is no residual difference on the V6 premium model?
  • rdel1rdel1 Posts: 21
    Hi Carman,

I am looking to lease a 2011 / 2012 V6 premium coupe with the comfort package and the 202A package.

The Invoice according to Edmunds is 32024 and the MSRP is 34780.

I need 12 - 15 K a year for 24 months....

1) What is the the money factor and residual value so I can determine lease payment? (BTW - How do you find these?)

2) Is it better to go through a lease broker and if so do you recomend any in hte Nrothern NJ area near NYC?

3) Are there any diffrerences between the 2010 / 20100 / 2012 models?

Thanks for helping out, your advise on the maxima deal was very helpful.
    Also do you happen to know the dealer hold back figure? I have modified by decion to either 2011 or 2012 ans there arent many diffirences.

so I just need residual percent and money factor with an MSRP at 34,780 and a purchase price of 29,000.00

thank you!
  • I found a webpage talking about 2011 Mustang lease deals on US News' and World Report cars site listing current lease deals for Mustangs that expire on 5/2/11. They list the availability by region, such as northwest, southwest, etc.

So, I went down to the dealership because they have multiple 2011s on the lot. They said they won't lease them anymore. My only option would be to lease a brand new 2012.

Does this seem true to any of you? I tend to think they are just pulling my leg. Any thoughts?
    Sounds fishy to me.....

In any event I am inthe northeast and is the deal on the table:

2012 V6 premium, comfort package, 202A rapid spec (Lava Red with the lava red interior)
    2500 down which covers taxes, fees, DMV & first payment
    39 months 12K a year
    422.00 a month with a $17,687 buyout and no fees if turned in.

Includes a 1000 other manufacture lease discount and 750 coupon discount which I obtained from a broshure you order by mail from ford specifying purchasing within 30 days.
    MSRP is 34780
    residual is 53% according to the dealer - still havent figured out the money factor