Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang Lease Questions

Comments

• waterdrwaterdr Posts: 307
    Why would you lease a project car? That makes no sense.
  • Does any one know these numbers or could help me out how to figure them out?
    I have gotten some preliminary #s from a dealer but they seem a bit high.

I am looking at a Mustang GT with MSRP $28465.
    The X-Plan price of this car is: ______________

I have Ford X-Plan. I also have a $1000 certificate from Ford.

I would like to know:
    36 month lease with $0 down at signing
    12k miles/yr : __________
    15k miles/yr : __________

36 month lease with taxes/fees down at signing (what are approx tax/fees $________)
    12k miles/yr : __________
    15k miles/yr : __________

60 month buy using X-plan + $1k certificate and incentive 3.9% financing __________
    60 month buy using X-plan + $1k certificate and incentive $1500 off __________

What is the residual on this car 36 months with 12k: __________, 15k: __________
    Another place I saw 61% and 59% respectively, is this correct?

Anyone who can help me would be greatly appreciated, I really hope to get this car into a range I can afford!!!!
  • mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    First, MUSTANG GT forget leaseing there is no incentivised program.

Second, visit www.fordpartner.com and have your company's Partner Code handy.

Mark
  • I am trying to decide on two types of mustang coupes. One is a 2005 Ford Mustang coupe and the other is a 2008 Ford Mustang coupe. I need help finding out how to figure out the monthly payments on the vehicles and which Mustang is cost-effective. I am also trying figure with the monthly payments would be if there were extra things added to them. I am in need of help on this. This is my first time wanting to buy a car, and I need some advice.

Shebah
    :confuse:
  • i want to know how to figure out the monthly payments on a 2008 ford mustang and a 2005 ford mustang for future reference. just in case they are needed down the road. can anyone help me with this problem? :confuse:
  • crestonavecrestonave Posts: 219
    I'm looking to lease a 2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium convertible. I believe there's a $500 lease incentive going on right now in my area (Long Island New York). Can someone supply the money factor and residual for this car? Any other incentives available that I'm not aware of? Much appreciated!
    You're comparing apples and oranges. A 2005 is going to be cheaper than a 2008.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi shebah87. I would be happy to help you estimate what the lease payment would be on the 2008 Mustang that you are interested in leasing. However, it will be next to impossible for me to do so without some additional information from you first, including exactly which Mustang model you want, what its MSRP and selling price are, how long you want to lease it for, and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. Let me know what these variables are and I will crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hello crestonave. Here is the information that you are looking for. You never mentioned how long you want to lease this car for or what mileage allowance you need, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Ford Credit's current base rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are 5.25% and 52%, respectively. As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. When you negotiate your lease on this car, make sure to take the $500 lease cash that is currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • I have 2008 Mustang coming off lease end of March 2010. It was a two year lease, car is in nice shape, and I'm under mileage. I'm considering buying the car. I stopped to speak with a dealer today who told me that there is no flex in the buy out price - whatever is in the lease is what they'll sell the car for, and that there's no way they'll waive any of the three remaining payments on the car either. Anyone know if this is true? Should I check with another dealer? Thanks!
  • Hi crestonave. Unfortunately, more often than not consumers are unable to negotiate the end-of-term purchase prices of their leased vehicles. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't try to do so. I wouldn't bother involving any dealers when trying to negotiate the price of your car, they usually don't have any say in its price. Instead, place a call directly to Ford Credit and speak to them. If your initial contact there is not willing to lower your vehicle's purchase price, you may have better luck if you work your way up the ladder to a manager. Again, there is a good chance that they will not lower your vehicle's price, more often than not they won't, but you don't have anything to lose by asking.

Car_man
    Host
  • billybobjonesbillybobjones Posts: 4
    edited April 2010
    I'm interested in a 2011 Mustang GT and a local dealer offered to order one at $500 over invoice. I'm still shopping, but that sounds like a good price.

For business purposes, I'd like to lease. What should I expect for APR/money factor? Any incentives?

3 or 4 years, 12,000 miles/year.

Thanks.
    I recently inquired as to a lease on a 2010 Mustang - my 2008 is coming off lease in a couple of months - and more than one dealer told me that there were no leasing programs available on the Mustang. I would imagine that there wouldn't be any available on a 2011 either. Good luck.
    Hi billybobjones. Ford is not currently providing lease support on the 2011 Mustang. That means that you definitely do not want to lease one right now. Doing so would be very expensive. You would be better off financing one through Ford Credit at 0% for 3 years, 3.9% for 4 years, or 4.9% for 5 years.

Car_man
    Host
  • The tax man has very different rules for leasing versus buying.

I found a third-party leasing company that says I can do a lease for between 3% and 5%.

Thanks.
    That's great news, billybobjones. I guess some independent bank out there is stepping up to the plate to fill in the void that Ford has left on this model. Thanks for the info and good luck in your negotiations.

Just be careful to evaluate the excess wear and tear / excess mileage charges and other fees that the bank charges carefully before signing anything. Independent banks don't have the vested interest in keeping you as a happy and hopefully loyal customer that manufacturers' captive finance companies do.

Car_man
    Host
  • craigfordsalescraigfordsales MichiganPosts: 4
    Hello everyone! Anyone from the Metro Detroit area looking for pricing and other information on the all new 2011 Mustang - I am happy to help!! Craig
  • runnernicrunnernic Posts: 15
    hey everyone.... i am interested in leasing the 2011 ford mustang GT premium.... i need 12,000 miles a year adn 36 months... can anyone give me an idea of how much the lease payments would be monthly with no cap cost reduction thank u!
    Hi runnernic. Ford is not currently providing any lease support on the 2011 or 2010 Mustang. As a result, if you were to lease one through Ford Credit right now, you would have to use its standard lease program...which is pretty bad.

If you want to lease, the Mustang probably isn't for you. If I was in the market for one right now, I personally would finance a 2010 Mustang GT through Ford Credit at 0% for 5 to 6 years (the exact term varies by region). You can't beat that rate.

Car_man
    Host
  • Local dealer quoted me a money factor of 10.15 which Ford Credit tells me is approximately 10.15%.

Yet they offer 2.9% APR on a purchase. Makes no sense. They could lowball the residual if they were really concerned about downstream liability.