Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Sierra Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a GMC Sierra. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• dad23dad23 Posts: 430
    Just saw a commercial for what I thought was a 2006 Sierra SLT Ext Cab 4wd, $0 down, 39 month lease at $289/mo!?!?!?! Am I up too late of are they really offering this special?
  • ddownddown Posts: 6
    Yesterday I got a 2006 Z71 4X4 with 0 down even put taxes and plates on it. Just paid 1st payment 259.00. This was GMS + Military and Total incentives were 5250.00 vehicle was 4100 off sticker GMS. 27 month lease includin g road hazzard for tires and wheels. :)
  • workerbworkerb Posts: 2
    Hello... Looking for some help in calculating all discounts and an approximate lease price on an '06 Sierra Crew Cab 4wd. The MSRP we're looking at is $32853, with GMS it's $30531.19. We'll also have GM card earnings of about $2,900 to use and looking at 24 mos, 12k miles lease. I'm expecting in addition to the GMS discount and rebates to still get a Dealer discount of at least $2,000... realistic? Thanks for your help!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi workerb. If you are getting GMS pricing on this truck, don't expect to get any sort of additional discount. This is as good as its price is going to get. Even though you won't get any additional dealer discount on this truck, General Motors is providing $1,500 lease cash on it that you never mentioned in your post that will help lower its price. Let's estimate what your lease payment will be on this truck. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 4WD with an MSRP of $32,853 and a capitalized cost of $26,131 ($30,531 .19 - $1,500 lease cash - $2,900 GM card earnings) through GMAC right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $375.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • workerbworkerb Posts: 2
    Hello... we are still pondering whether to lease or buy and noticed GM updated incentives but can't tell if lease rates improved. Can you provide lease rebates, residual rates and lease factors for 24 and 36 months on a Sierra Crew Cab, SLE2? Now looking at a MSRP $35700 of $purchase price of $32,500 and about $3,000 down. Thanks!!
    Hello workerb. Here's the latest on this truck's lease program. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE2 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 5.6% and 59%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease of this truck should be 5.6% and 51%. The lease cash that is available on this truck ranges from $1,150 to $2,650, depending upon what region you are in. If you tell me where you live, I would be happy to provide you with the exact amount that is available in your area.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello Car Man,

Am considering a lease of a GMC Sierra Extended Cab, regular bed, 4wD SLT Truck w/Z71 Package. MSRP is $36,310. Invoice price (assumed purchase price) is $33,689. There is a $4500 rebate on top of that, but I don't know if it's compatable with GMAC's lease program. Or, would it be advisable to lease with a non-captive finance company after taking the rebate? I also have $1600 in GM Card Points. Would like a 24-30 month lease, with 15K/year. Atlanta Area. Thoughts/Suggestions/Payment Target? Thanks in advance.
    Hi peachtree103. Unfortunately, the $4,500 customer cash that you mentioned in your post is not compatible with GMAC's special lease program for this truck. There is regional lease cash available on it in most areas though. Specifically, in your area (the Southeast region) GMAC is providing $1,150 lease cash on this truck. It is difficult to say whether you would be better off taking advantage of the full $4,500 cash incentive and leasing through an independent bank or using the lesser lease cash plus GMAC's special lease program. I suspect, but am not positive, that you would be better off going through GMAC. Let's estimate what your lease payment would be using GMAC's lease program and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4WD with an MSRP of $36,310 and a selling price of $32,539 ($33,689 selling price - $1,150 lease cash) through GMAC right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $418. I believe that the 30 month payment would be much higher than this.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • iahawkiahawk Posts: 6
    I am contemplating leasing a 2006 Sierra SLE2 Ext Cab 4wd.

The MSRP of the truck I have in mind is $34,665. Invoice price (assumed purchase price) is ~ $31,800.

I also have $2100 in GM Card Points and received a special offer from the GM Card folks for an additional $1500 incentive thru November 15th (http://www.gmcard.com/1500/).

I would like a 24-36 month lease, with 10K miles/year. I am in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

Thoughts/Suggestions/Payment Target information would be appreciated. Also GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value would be nice to know. Thanks in advance.
    car_man,

I am contemplating leasing a 2006 Sierra SLE2 Ext Cab 4wd.

The MSRP of the truck I have in mind is $34,665. Invoice price (assumed purchase price) is ~ $31,800.

I also have $2100 in GM Card Points and received a special offer from the GM Card folks for an additional $1500 incentive thru November 15th (http://www.gmcard.com/1500/).

I would like a 24-36 month lease, with 10K miles/year. I am in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

Thoughts/Suggestions/Payment Target information would be appreciated. Also GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value would be nice to know. Thanks in advance.

If GM is no longer offering leases on 2006 models, assume that I will lease a 2007 of similar traits.
  • ianhawk, did you get a lease on that truck yet? I am in the same exact position as you are (with GM card, etc) and would like to konw the same info from car_man regarding leases.
    I haven't done the deal yet but here is what I have learned from the dealer:

- Full GM Card earnings plus bonus cash can be used

- 24 month, 10k mile/year lease: 6.25%, 63% residual
    - 24 month, 12k mile/year lease: 6.25%, 61% residual
    - 36 month, 10k mile/year lease: 6.25%, 57% residual
    - 36 month, 12k mile/year lease: 6.25%, 55% residual

In my area, there is a $2000 cap reduction on 2007 1/2 tons right now plus $1000 rebate. Those numbers differ depending on where you are located.

Hope this helps.
    Car_man,

In my previous post I mentioned that I was quoted a lease rate of 6.25% on a 2007 GMC Sierra Classic Extended Cab 4x4 SLT for a 24 month lease and 10k miles/year. In reading posts regarding other GM vehicles, I am starting to think that the base lease rate should be lower than the 6.25% I was quoted.

Can you confirm one way or another what the correct base lease rate is for this vehicle?

Hopefully you respond soon as I am getting close to pulling the trigger on the deal.

Thanks in advance.
  • Hi iahawk. Unfortunately, General Motors is no longer providing lease support on 2006 GMC Sierra models. You can get a great deal on a leftover 2006 Sierra, price-wise but you will have to either pay cash for it or finance it if you want one. If you want to lease, go with a 2007 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hey iahawk. Ahhh, I see that you would consider leasing a 2007 model. OK, let's take a look at its lease program. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GMC Sierra SLE Extended Cab 4WD with 10,000 miles per year are 5.6% and 57%, respectively. If Iowa is in General Motors' North Central region, which I believe it is, then the truck that you are interested in has $2,000 lease cash available on it. Make sure to take this cash, in addition to the GM Card cash, into account when negotiating this truck's selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • hey are those rates and residuals for classics or the new sierras
  • Hey chevyman14. Those are the numbers for the Classic model. I heard that GM is going to introduce a new lease program for the redesigned Silverado / Sierra on Wednesday. Rumor has it that this truck is going to start out with a lease rate in the 8.5% range, but I haven't seen its residual values yet. Please feel free to check back with me in a few days and I will be happy to tell you exactly what the new lease program it like for the exact truck that you want.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • I have been given some residuals for the new silverado/sierra as follows, please verify and or pass on, thanks

24 30 36 48
    12k 73 68 64 57
    15k 70 65 61 54

let me know if these look right, if so pass it on

i was also informed that lease rates on the new silverado/sierra start at 7%

thats really seems high to me, :confuse: because when i got my G6 in Dec 04, i got 3.5 through GMAC, with rebates, GMS, trade and neg equity on a 48 month lease with 15k per year. The highest GMAC rate then was on vibes at 5% and GTOs even had 3.5. I worked at the dealership when i got the car, and the average customer only recieved a 1%jump to help the manager make some money. but most negotiated the payment, where the manager had to drop the 1% jump to make the sale. I do live in FLint, MI, where everyone and there brother gets GMS and there really is no negotiating needed. So if anyone can give me the rate without a jump for the dealership sake, please pass it on.
  • Hello ....

I am taking delivery of a 2007 GMC 1500 Crew Cab 4x4. MSRP was nearly $42,000 (wow !) and I was able to receive a $1500 reduction in the selling price. Wow again, eh.

My question is, since I'm leasing this vehicle for 36 months, what would I be looking at with no money down? Any money factor rate, residual, yada, yada ... would be great.

One last question ... should I look at GMAC for the lease, or go elsewhere? I saw where someone had seen that GMAC had a 7% factor, which seems high to me.

Thanx in advance.

BAGGER
  • rockyleerockylee Posts: 14,011
    bagger,

Did you shop around for the best price or is that a pretty common price customers are paying ????

The 7% seems a little hight but the way interest rates have been going up the last year or so on cars it might be about right.

Rocky
This discussion has been closed.