Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Sierra Lease Questions

Comments

• Greetings babacuz. I personally would never purchase a truck that has been having problems at the end of a lease. One of the great things about leasing is that one can walk away from a problem vehicle without having to pay a dime. Having said this, you are in a pickle with your excess mileage. It would be almost unbearable to have pay a $0.17 per mile penalty on 62,000 excess miles :surprise:. So you may be stuck buying your truck.

Perhaps your best option is to purchase your vehicle at lease-end and trade it in or sell it privately. If you can find someone who is willing to pay more than $17,000 for a 2003 Sierra that has over 130,000 miles on it you could get out of your truck essentially for free, which would be ideal. You may have trouble finding any takers at that price, but your loss would almost certainly be less than what your excess mileage penalty will be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I was wondering if anyone could tell me the current lease rates on a Sierra 1500 4x4 with the 5.3L V8. this would be 12k miles, in the upstate NY area. As far as options, if it changes anything I am looking for a typically equipped regular or extended cab, not crew.

Thanks for the help,
    -Tyler
  • Welcome Tyler. Here's the information that you're looking for. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of any 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab with 12,000 miles per year would be 7.75% and 64%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2008 Sierra 1500 Extended Cab are 4.75% and 60%. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2008 Sierra 1500 Regular Cab are 8.2% and 49%. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $1,000 bonus cash that is currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • glevittglevitt Posts: 30
    Hello all,

Anyone know what the current GMAC lease details are on Sierra 1500 crew cab and extended cab. I have heard 61% for 3yr/36mi but can't button down a money factor or interest rate. I am in Colorado.

Thank you very much for the help!

Greg in Denver
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hello Greg. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 7.75% and 64%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 GMC Sierra Extended Cab 4WD are 4.75% and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey Carman,

Was just offered the following deal for a 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext. Cab w/ SLE2 with tow package. I think the dealer's padding the invoice price by a few hundred also. Does this seem like the best deal i can get? I reside in NV. The figures are based on 48 mos/ 12k mile

MSRP: $33,565
    Invoice: $31059
    Residual Amt/ Pct: .51%
    Money Factor: 5.75%
    Gross Cap Cost: $28,559
    Net Cap Cost: $28,461.50

I'm hoping to get the payments below $370. Is this possible? Thanks a lot for your help!!!
    Hi speedracerr. The market for large pickups like the Sierra is absolutely dead right now. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, you should be able to easily get this truck for the invoice price that is listed right here at Edmunds.com, New Vehicle Pricing, minus any available cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
  • thothtpthothtp Posts: 2
    Car_man,

I was wondering if you had the updated lease rates for Sierra 1500's for July? I am interested in an extended cab Sierra 1500 4x4 with SLE1 and 5.3l, 12,000 miles, likely 36 months but that is flexible based on whatever is the best rate.

Also, does the $5000 rebate apply to leases? If not, what if any rebates do apply? I am planning to pull the trigger this month and want to know all the info before I go in.

Thanks so much,
    -Tyler
    Hi Tyler . Here's the information that you're looking for. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 GMC Sierra Extended Cab 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 4.75% and 60%. GM is currently providing $2,000 bonus cash on this truck that can be used in conjunction with this lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,023
    A reporter would like to talk with someone who bought a new GMC truck in the past six months. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com today, Thursday, April 16, 2009 with your daytime contact information.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• cwebster34cwebster34 Posts: 1
    Car_Man,

Do you have lease rates for 2010 Sierra SLE 2x4, Crew Cab, 15,000 miles, 36-month? Also, can I get the $5,000 cash back? Vendor pricing? Is there any loyalty cash that I could take advantage of? I am located in western Tennessee.

Thanks for the help.
    Hi cwebster34. General Motors reintroduced leasing on the Sierra for the first time in a while last month. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Sierra 1500 SLE Crew Cab 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.60 and a rough 38%, respectively.

The $5,000 consumer cash that General Motors is currently providing on the 2010 Sierra is not compatible with this special lease program, however GM is providing a $2,000 cash incentive that is.

I am not aware of any loyalty cash on this specific model right now, but it wouldn't hurt to ask your dealer to double check.

Car_man
    Host
  • dvdnetndvdnetn Posts: 3
    What are April lease rates on a GMC Sierra Crew Cab SLE and SLT? Residual and money factor 3/36K and 3/39K. Consumer Cash?
  • drockholddrockhold Posts: 26
    The May lease rates are as shown:

2011 Sierra SLE 4WD crew cab 3/36 MF is .0015 The residual is 46% and Consumer Cash Rebate is $4050

2011 Sierra SLT 4WD crew cab 3/36 MF and Rebate are same as above except for a 45% residual

I don't have the figures for the 3/39 as I was pricing the 3/36 and it appears to be the best rate here in Ohio.
  • baken_sbaken_s Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    Hello,

Would you happen to know the Residual and Money Factor for October 2011 for a 2011 GMC Sierra SLT? If you have the same for a 2012 as well, that'd be helpful! Thanks a mil!

Sorry I did not post enough info:
    2011 and 2012 GMC Sierra Crew Cab SLT 2WD

Located in California
  • I certainly do baken_s. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 GMC Sierra Crew Cab SLT 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.15% and 38%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are 2.57% and 43%.

General Motors is currently providing a whopping $5,425 cash incentive on 36-month Ally leases of the 2011 version of this truck and $1,650 on the 2012 version of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • dylrexdylrex Posts: 57
    Hi Car_man.
    Can you please provide me with the lease rates for 24/36/39 months with 12k per year on the above truck? Does the 2012 have better rates?
    Also, is there any lease cash or rebates available?
    Thank you in advance.
  • I've looked everywhere for November details and can't seem to find it anywhere. I'm looking for -

- MF on a 36 mo lease (10K and 12K miles per year)
    - Residual (10K and 12K)
    - Any incentives currently being offered (incl non-GM private offer above)
    - Typical "over invoice" price before applying incentive ($250 over?)
    - Other fees one should expect when leasing a GMC (e.g. bank fee)

Much appreciated !
  • Hi dylrex. Ally's November base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.1% and 58%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 1.0% and 49%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 1.0% and 47%.

I don't believe that General Motors is providing lease support on the 2011 version of this truck any longer.

GM is providing a $5,050 cash incentive on 24-month leases of this truck and $3,950 on 36-month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi johnppp. The reason why you have been having trouble finding information about leases of this truck is that I do not believe that General Motors is currently providing any lease support on the Sierra 2500.

If I am not mistaken, the only incentives that are available on this truck right now are 3.9% to 3.9% special financing or $2,000.

Car_man
    Host