Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Sierra Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi, I was told today that there is no gm manufacturer support on 2012 GMC Sierra leases to Ally. I am not sure I believe the salesman, but could this be correct? If I third party lease, can I get the cash back from the manufacturer? Do you know the current 24 and 36 month 12k/year residuals and interest rates on leases?

Thank you for your time.

Sam Caterina League City Texas
  • Hi Sam. General Motors is definitely providing support on leases of the Sierra 1500, but not the 2500 or 3500.

Ally's current base lease rate for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Sierra 1500 is 1.1%. the number for an otherwise identical 36-month lease is 1.0%. The residual values vary by trim level.

GM is providing a $5,500 cash incentive on 24-month and a $4,400 cash incentive on 36-month leases of the Sierra 1500 through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum

Car_man
    Host
  • jp25jp25 Posts: 1
    Hello Car_Man, I am new to the leasing game, but am interested in leasing a 2012 Sierra 1500 SL or SLE Crew Cab truck for either 36 or 39 months with 12K miles per year. Are there any rebates or other incentives (no money down etc...)? Do you know the residuals and interest rates? Thank you very much in advance.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Welcome jp25. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its base lease rate.

In answer to our specific questions about the Sierra, Ally's March base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SL 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 48%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 1.0% and 46%.

General Motors is currently providing a whopping $5,100 cash incentive on 36 to 39-month leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • smonchunskismonchunski Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    "General Motors is currently providing a whopping $5,100 cash incentive on 36 to 39-month leases of this truck through Ally."

How can you get more info on this incentive?

TIA
    Hi smonchunski. I'm not sure if the incentive is documented anywhere that is accessible to the general public. I saw it mentioned in a dealer bulletin. It definitely exists.

Car_man
    Host
  • dvdnetndvdnetn Posts: 3
    What do May 2012 numbers look like for 2012 Sierra SLE SLT Crew or Ext Cab
    Ally and US Bank
    Hey dvdnetn. Ally's May base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GMC Sierra Crew Cab SLE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 43%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 Sierra Ext. Cab 4WD are the same.

There is a $4,900 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this truck through Ally.

The numbers for US Bank are a 0.96% lease rate and $5,925 cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • skiitalyskiitaly Posts: 1
    Can you tell me what the rates and residuals are for a 2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT 4x4 Crew Cab Diesel are?

Are there any cash incentives to lease this vehicle?

Thanks
  • misterepmisterep Posts: 52
    Car Man,

I am looking to lease a 2012 Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4WD SLE.

Do you have the June lease rates and residuals?

Thanks in advance.

Riley
    Sure Riley. Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 43%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $4,900 cash incentive that is currently available on 3-year leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • kennesawkennesaw Posts: 3
    Car Man,

With GM's $3500 in rebates, is it also possible to get another $5925 incentive from US Bank added into a 36 month lease? If so, that would bring the pymt into the low 3's based on an SLE Ext Cab at $35K msrp - correct? Or, can the dealership only give one or the other - GM or US Bank credits in the lease?

Thanks for all your help!
    Hi kennesaw. Unfortunately, GM's normal cash incentives and its cash incentives on leases cannot be combined.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings Dr. Car Man,

Inquiring into the 2013 Sierra 1500 SLE ,extended cab, 4WD lease rates and residuals.

Also...Does Ally or US Bank have any additional cash?

Many thanks...

Kinda lonely out here on the Sierra board.
  • Hi misterep. I don't think that the lease penetration rate is very high on full-sized pickups. Most consumers seem to finance them.

Ally's October base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Extended Cab 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 2.8% and 53%.

There is currently a $3,350 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this truck through Ally.

I think that the cash incentive is the same on leases through US Bank, but the lease rate is a little lower at 1.44%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thank you Car_man...

The referenced residuals seem high per the previous posts. Circling back ...

2013 SLE Extended Cab 4WD 15K / 36 month lease.... 2.8% and 53% (?)

+ $3,350 Cash incentive through Ally...

Given current dealer/vehicle incentives one could lease a GMC Sierra pretty cheap!

Thoughts..?
  • You're welcome misterep. This lease rate, residual value and cash incentive that you mentioned are definitely correct.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car man,

I was hoping you could give me the lease rates, residuals and incentives for 24, 36 and 48 month leases with 12,000 miles on a 2013 1500 Denali. Could you also let me know the differences in the numbers between Ally and US Bank.

Thanks!!!
  • Certainly mwalk80. Ally's December base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Denali with 12,000 mies per year are 1% and 62%.

The numbers for otherwise identical 36- and 48-month leases are 1.04% / 54% and 3.1% and 48%.

GM is providing a $2,900 cash incentive on 2-year leases of this truck and $3,000 on 3- and 4-year leases.

I haven't seen the US Bank numbers, but I'll see what I can find out for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car Man,

if you would, what are the current money factor/interest rate and residuals on 2013 sierra, 12k a year business lease, thank you