Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Yukon XL Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi catam. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 GMC Yukon XL with 15,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 60%, respectively. The lease rate for an otherwise identical 39 month lease would be the same, but the residual value would be 59%. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. The residual value percentages should be multiplied by the full MSRP of the vehicle that you want, including the destination charge and any options that can be residualized.

I am not personally familiar with how sales tax is calculated on leased vehicles in Utah, but you might be able to find out by visiting the Utah DMV or Utah State Tax Commission sites.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • mrcrmrcr Posts: 5
    Does anyone know the current money factor and residual for a Denali? 36, 39 and 48 months.

Thanks,

Rick
  • Hello Rick. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali with 15,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 7.2% and 59%. The 48 month numbers are 7.2% and 52%. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, these residual values would be 3% higher. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for vehicles. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400, so a lease rate of 7.2% would be equivalent to a money factor of around .00300. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 bonus cash that GM introduced on it mid-month.

Car_man
    Host
  • duncan66duncan66 Posts: 10
    Car_man - are those lease rates still in effect for April? - I'm looking to lease a 2008 GMC Yukon XL 2500 for 3 years with 15k miles per year.
    Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi duncan66. GMAC's April base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 GMC Yukon XL with 15,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 60%, respectively. If you are the current owner or lessee of a GM vehicle, you are eligible for a $1,000 owner loyalty incentive on this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • chris7469chris7469 Posts: 4
    Gentlemen:

We leased a 2008 White Denali with a sticker of 59,700 for $782.13 per month including NJ Sales Tax. Total upfront costs were $2,840, however that only covered me for 3 yrs and 36,000 miles. Included in that $2,840 was a $500 additional upfront payment for a bumper to bumper warranty for the extra 3 months and 9,000 miles. (Was that a smart move?) There is a refundable $800 security deposit and no disposition fee.

Its a 39 month lease with 15,000 miles per year through GMAC.

The truck is loaded with the dual DVDs, touch Nav, retractable running boards, 20in wheels. We love it.

Did we get an ok, average or good deal on this 08 Denali?

Thanks. CM
  • steveprintsteveprint Posts: 3
    I finally leased a 2008 Denali XL with all options except the power running boards 58,900 MSRP. I leased it for 39 months 12K miles per year. I paid only the first payment at delivery. No money down or security deposit. The payment is $729 including NJ sales tax. This is with the GM employee discount. The prices were actually better than I expected. I originally was going to get the shorter truck but it was only $30 a month more for the XL. Chris7469 you probably should have skipped the extra warranty since GM always runs the pull ahead program, allowing you to get out of your lease 2-3 months early as long as you lease another GM vehicle. Good luck. I hope you like the truck as much as I like my own.
    Steve
  • Isn't there any recent posts regarding prices being paid on the Yukon? Tap, tap, tap hello is this thing on?????
  • okstate731okstate731 Posts: 1
    Anyone have lease rates and residual value of the 2011 xl Denali? Msrp of $63,665. Marked down to $57,920. Anyone know what monthly payments that would be for 39 months and 15,000?

Thanks
    Hi okstate731. Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 GMC Yukon Denali XL 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.15% and 42%.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $1,825 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through All.

Car_man
    Host
  • penn2penn2 Posts: 54
    Hi

Confirming a dealer's recently stated lease figures for a 2011 Denali XL with 12K miles, 39 mos -- was told residual is .44 and rate was "1.15" Can that be correct?

Thank you!
    Hi penn2. The residual value that you were quoted looks right, but Ally's current base lease rate is only 0.15%. Make sure that the dealer uses this rate to calculate your truck's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_man

thank you for June response but have things improved now that we're in July in terms of leasing incentives/financing?

Also - when you say rate is .15% what does that translate to in money factor? (assuming June and july numbers are same) Just want to be prepared if they put forth numbers from both angles. Finally - would a 10k/yr mileage yield a residual that is dramatically better?

thanks!
    Car_Man:

sorry about repeated messages...but, finally got a dealer to move a bit but, not sure if this is good since I don't have a lot of the under-lying numbers(like the actual "selling price") but, here it is:

XL with Sun, Ent & Dest. package ...invoice = $57,899 MSRP = $62,290

39 mos lease
    10k/yr
    .15 base lease rate offered
    .45 residual
    $795/mo including tax, no money down except first mos. payment /tags

Good deal? More room to move?

Thanks so much!
    You're welcome penn2. A lease rate of 0.15% is equivalent to a money factor of around .00006.

Ally's July base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 GMC Denali XL 4WD with 12K miles per year are 0.15% and 44%.

Car_man
    Host
  • krm13krm13 Posts: 3
    Car man - Can you pass on the November numbers on a 2012 Yukon Denali XL?
  • I certainly can krm13. Ally's November base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GMC Yukon Denali XL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.1% and 41%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

General Motors is currently providing a $2,925 cash incentive plus the waiver of the first month's payment on leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • ecloueclou Posts: 16
    Hi I am shopping for a Yukon SLT 4x4 (2012). GMC's website lists a low mileage lease right now terms 39 mos on a $41k car with a payment for $419. Can anyone tell me what the lease rate and residual is they are using and if I can apply that to the car I want which spec at near $56k?

Thanks!
  • Greetings eclou. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GMC Yukon SLT 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.1% ad 42%, respectively. This lease rate is available on all Yukon models, but the residual value varies by trim level.

GM is currently providing a $3,850 cash incentive on leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • ecloueclou Posts: 16
    Thanks car_man. Can you tell me the residuals for the leases on the Yukon XL SLT 4x4 and Denali XL AWD? I think we are leaning towards the big dogs. That's for a 36 mos lease. Thanks!