Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Lease Questions

Comments

• gpsacgpsac Posts: 98
    I don't distort. You just aren't getting the whole picture. Or maybe you do and are just chosing not to say so. If you see benefits to owning a car til the wheels fall off such a wise decision, then why are you leasing? Just what are those advantages to "buying? You didn't mention any! Besides the fact that there is "plenty of life left" at 70 - 80k miles. There's plenty of life left in most cars.

But then again we don't want everyone leasing. Do we? If everyone did then the deals would not be as good.

This is not rocket science, isellhondas. And if you do sell honda's without showing your customers the advantages of leasing (like most dealers), you have no business working at a honda store.

If I financed the accord I just got I'd be paying over 400 a mo for 60 mo at 2.9%. Instead I'm paying less than 250 for 36. Anyone who sees any advantage to buying this car instead of leasing it is either stupid or they just don't understand. Now you do understand don't you? ;)
  • vchadvchad Posts: 97
    cmhonda,

could you please share some more information once you get some, regarding the 170 a month 09 honda. That is an amazing price, and i'm trying to help family get a car, they are struggling and might even help them buy it. They live in tallahasse, fl area. Honestly even at that price, id buy one for myself.

None of my numbers are coming out. I'm not in anyway doubting you, i really want to take advantage of this deal, if you can find out what the numbers they are giving on the deal. Please help!
  • cmhondacmhonda Posts: 31
    I will definitely share tomorrow when hubby talks to the dealer.

I'm worried though because the dealer is in Alabama and we are in Florida, if that is going to cause any problems. I know we will have to get our tags ourselves, but are we going to have to pay tax to Alabama and Florida?
    cmhonda,

thank you so much, ive helped others as much as i could, so i'm hoping others can help me this time around!!

As for taxes, you only pay ONCE, that is the state where your registering it(florida) so dont let that bother you at all. Im just curious as to what numbers they are using for monthly payment, year, terms, down payment etc.
    Is this a good deal? 2009 honda accord LX. It is a brand new car, Polished Metal Metallic with gray interior.
    The sale price of the accord is $17,650 with a 55% residual.
    Your out of pocket expense is the $750 plus your Trade. My trade is worth about $700. Your payment is $169.60 and this includes your Florida taxes.
    Is this a good deal? 2009 honda accord LX. It is a brand new car, Polished Metal Metallic with gray interior. The sale price of the accord is $17,650 with a 55% residual. Your out of pocket expense is the $750 plus your Trade. My trade is worth about $700. Your payment is $169.60 and this includes your Florida taxes.
  • Dealer is advertising an '09 Accord LX-P Automatic for $267 per month. Zero down, no security deposit, no first payment and no acquisition fee. 12,000 miles.

Your thoughts?
    160 a month 36 months 12K miles per year

It was only 750 out of pocket but at first they wanted to take his car AND have him pay 750 out of pocket, so we said, thanks but no thanks, that is not what your phone call said, got up to leave and they said wait and he went to his finance manager and then came back and said ok.

So the price was 17400, 12328 RV.

I'm happy! :)
  • Just got a quote on a 09 EX-L (4 cyl) for $2500 under invoice and lease of $270 month plus TTL (with only 1st month due at signing) so $267 for a LX-P is way too high!! In Chicago! $249 for a EX only.
    Cmhonda,

Can you please explain a little more. Your numbers aren't adding up, when im using my lease calculator.

IF your sale price is..

MSRP 22415
    sale price 17400
    residual 55%
    MF .00133

and putting 750 down(i'm assuming to cover aque. fee and first month).
    I'm getting a payment of $180.42 plus tax.

I'm not sure how your getting 160, can u please provide the exact numbers. From my understanding, you DID NOT trade in your car?
    Ok I'm confused by all the numbers myself so let me tell you what I can.

Agreed upon value of vehicle 17400
    Acquisition Fee 595
    Gross capital cost 17995

and we paid out of pocket 100 dollars, even

Trade in value 1600 (this is where it got fun, the car is worth about 3 dollars in the real world, haha no AC, windows will not roll down, every single status light is on)

Residual Value is 12709.29

The monthly payments (35 total) of 159.31 and after tax it is 168.87
    hey Vermin3,

would you mind sharing where your getting these numbers, I live outside of chicago, and i'm getting some horrible numbers. I'm looking to purchase by this weekend. Please help!
  • Try Carr's Honda on the Northside.
  • You're very welcome, thenewlew. Not bug me for another three years :surprise: , how are we supposed to keep the doors open if you don't visit more often than that ;) .

Here's the information that you're looking for. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan without navigation with 15,000 miles per year are .00133 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hey sonnydude. Let's work up a sample lease payment on this car and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V6 with Navigation that has an MSRP of $31,815 and a selling price of $29,392 through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $402.

Car_man
    Host
  • Good morning albert72. Here's the info that you're looking for. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V6 without navigation with 12,000 miles per year are .00133 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '10 Accord EX-L 4-cyl. Sedan without nav are .00133 and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi gpsac. No one was jerking cmhonda around. On October 15th, Honda boosted its cash incentives on leases of 2009 Accords by $500 to $2,250 on the 4-cylinder model and $1,500 on the 6-cylinder.

Car_man
    Host
    They were not jerking us around because we have the car and we have the payment of 158.xx a month (168.xx) after taxes and we paid 100 dollars out of pocket. :D

Hubs loves it!
    Hi Car_man,

Do you mean the 4cyl was previously 1750 or it was bumped 750 from 1500?

Are you saying the 09 v6 has incentive of 3000? Or it remains unchanged at 1500 and only the 4ccyl was bumped?

thanks
    Car_man,

Just saw this on Edmunds site. I read it that the 750 is only on low apr finance. Any of this correct?

EX V6
    $750 Cash to Dealer start: 09/09/2009 end: 11/02/2009
    Restrictions $750 Dealer cash may not be combined with 1.9% APR - 2.9 % APR and vehicle must be financed through the manufacturer's captive finance company.

$750 Cash to Dealer start: 10/13/2009 end: 11/02/2009
    Restrictions $750 Finance Bonus Cash is available on 2009 Accord models and must be combined with Special AHFC APR Financing.

LX
    $1500 Cash to Dealer start: 09/09/2009 end: 11/02/2009
    Restrictions $1500 Dealer cash may not be combined with 1.9% APR - 2.9 % APR and vehicle must be financed through the manufacturer's captive finance company.

$750 Cash to Dealer start: 10/13/2009 end: 11/02/2009
    Restrictions $750 Finance Bonus Cash is available on 2009 Accord models and must be combined with Special AHFC APR Financing.
    We financed with Honda and qualified for the exceptional qualified buyers or whatever they call it.

The finance manager said credit scores of 700 and above.
  • OK going to be really simple,

is it possible to get a Honda accord EX Coupe
    for 250 a month and 2000 down.

12,000/36 month

lowest quote ive recieved so far was 300 and 2000 out of pocket.
  • albert72albert72 Posts: 141
    Thank you very much for the information Car Man. One other quick question - we may delay the purchase / lease and get a car in November. Looks like a lot of offers run through 11-2-09.

Am I correct in my estimate that the deals may get better starting 11-3 assuming that the dealers and manufacturers continue to struggle? I know I would be making an assumption on this but I believe in the past, this has been the case.

I appreciate your help.
  • Hi gpsac. Honda increased its cash incentive on leases of 2009 Accord 4-cylinder models from $1,500 to $2,250. The cash incentive for leasing an '09 Accord V6 rose from $750 to $1,500.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi gpsac. Prior to introducing the enhancement on its cash incentives for leases of the 2009 Accord, Honda introduced a new special $750 cash allowance on vehicles that are financed through Honda Finance using its 1.9%-2.9% retail offer.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're welcome, albert72. You are correct, Honda's current programs on the Accord are scheduled to run through November 2nd. It is always difficult to predict what manufacturers will do with their future incentive programs. Generally speaking, vehicles' incentives increase as the model year progresses...but there are certainly exceptions to this rule like when Honda pulled the plug on its support of trucks several months ago.

If i had to make an educated guess at this point, I would say that Honda's programs on the 2009 Accord will be at least as attractive next month as they are today. However, it is getting very late in the model year. At some point Honda is going to pull the plug on its lease support for leftover models and replace it with straight dealer cash. Furthermore, I'm sure that the supply of 2009 models is getting thinner by the day. The longer you wait, the more you risk not being able to find a car that has the exact combination of color and options that you want.

HA, after all that blabbering, my short answer is yes...if I had to make a bet I would say that Honda's incentives on the '09 Accord will be at least as attractive in November as they are today. There's just no way to say that for certain.

Car_man
    Host
  • 2009 Accord LX

At signing: 1st Month (238), Tax (724), Plate transfer (70), minus 250 dealer coupon.

238 a month x36 months 15k miles per year
  • Looking to lease a accord coupe V6 man with no NAV.
    12/k year

is it reasonable to think i could get it for 350/month $2000 Down?
    Can i do any better? Thanks
  • I am offered a Accord 10 EX Coupe
    12,000/36 month

for 2000 down $256 a monthwith tax
    I need to get the car tomorrow is this decent?
    pretty good residual but not sure if getting best deal

Vehicle Price: $25,390.00
    Preferred Customer Discount: -$3,350.00
    Selling Price: $22,040.00

Sales Tax (estimate): +$1,395.71
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): +$323.75
    Tire/Battery/MVWEA: +$8.50
    Dealer Service Fee: +$699.95
    Balance Due (estimate): $24,467.91
  • Is this a good deal?

2009 HONDA ACCORD EX-L WITH NAV
    12k - 36 month lease
    $1500 total down includes reg, 1st pmt, etc.
    $338 a month.
This discussion has been closed.