Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Lease Questions

Comments

• gpsacgpsac Posts: 98
    Just picked up new Accord EX I4 auto 4dr on a 36 mo 12k mile. Polished metal with gray interior. Central Florida.

0 up front
    35 @ 227 + tax (242)

Turned in my 2010 Accord with 2 payments remaining of 248 which the dealer would make and then turn it in to Honda. Apparently it is not worth the residual.
  • accordman3accordman3 Posts: 4
    edited August 2012
    I'm also in Central Florida and I've an accord LX 2010 lease (12 payments remaining $267 per mo.. Ouch! I know) wanna return it for EX-L 2012. Can you tell me what dealer was that?
    Titusville
  • Hi,
    I have e-mailed several dealers in the Philly area, and also found that Piazza seems to have the best internet prices--$20,053 for the SE. This price is higher than some quotes on this website, but I haven't gone into the dealer yet, and suspect that I can trim a little bit off of this number. Unfortunately, it seems more difficult to get a handle on lease costs. Excluding taxes and state/dealer fees, I've calculated that a 36 month, 15,000 mile/year lease should cost $205.85/month (using a $13,807 residual and .00046 money factor). However, the fees charged by dealers seem really inconsistent. For example, I received a lower quote from a dealer charging a higher price ($20,333 resulted in $452 down and $235/month with 9% tax included vs. $20,053 = $453 down and $236.31/month OTD). I have had no luck getting dealers to report their fees via internet. Does anyone have any idea what lease/registratiion fees should be expected in Pennsylvania? Thanks--this forum is the most informative website that I have come across!

(Also posted on the Buying Forum Site)
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Posts: 536
    edited August 2012
    REF: 4792
    Previously reviewed great deals on the SE lease are 210/month pre-tax with zero down. PA doc fees are completely optional:
    http://blog.truecar.com/2011/07/26/which-additional-fees-should-i-pay-at-the-dea- - lership-what-is-the-doc-fee/comment-page-1/#comment-53152
    Your numbers are quite good considering the 9% tax. Only additional fess are temp license and first year reg fees (~100 here in OH, not sure about PA). Remember the supply is dwindling and so is there desire to deal. Pictures of the 2013 Accord were released a few days ago and it is very similar to this 2012 model. If i wasn't stuck in a lease til March 2013, I'd lease a 2012 Accord now. Good luck!
  • Here is what I have been quoted on:

2012 Accord Coupe EX I4
    -1,300 Total out of pocket includes first months payment
    -$268 month 35-months 12k miles
    -$284 month 35-months 15k miles

2012 Accord Coupe EX-L I4
    -1,300 Total out of pocket includes first months payment
    -$305 month 35-months 12k miles
    -$322 month 35-months 15 miles

money factor .00046
    Residual 52%

Selling price: (before Tax)
    EX - $ 22,673
    EX-L - $ 24,262

I beleive that these are both very good deals. (Both well below invoice) Just want to see what you guys think. I am thinking of going with 15k miles just to be safe, since the new 2013 is coming out soon it might be difficult to get out of the lease if I run out of miles with 12k. My main question: Is it worth it to get the EX-L at $38 more a month? or should I stick with the EX and cloth interior. Don't get me wrong I loved the power leather heated seats and leather wrapped steering wheel, but what else does the EX-L offer that would make the $37 more actually worth it. don't care about the xm radio and dual climate control, and outside temp display. What would you guys do? I am leaning towards the EX with 15k at $284 a month. I just don't see enough to warrant a $38 more for better seats. What do you think?
  • bradl1bradl1 Posts: 3
    Hey Carman, big fan of the site. Could you please post the residuals and MF for a 2012 Accord Sedan (both the EX-L and EX-L V6), assuming a 3 yr, lease w/ 15k/year.

Also, is the 3 yr lease the way to go on this vehicle or are the numbers better for a 2 year.

Thanks so much!
  • Honda Accord V6 EXL OTD price $27.7k was quoted to me by a dealer from Manhasset Honda in NY. I wonder if this is a good deal?

I think the i-4 would be quoted around $2000-2500 lesser, which one is worth it? I currently lease a 2010 accord and am getting a little tired of the i-4 and wish I had little more action ....... maybe an i-4 EX with 190hp would be tempting?

Please comment
  • Inadvertently posted this on the wrong forum, apologies.

I'm being offered 12k, 35 payments on a 2012 LX @ $208/month here in Mississippi with $1500 down. Seems very basic and run of the mill. The dealer is claiming to eat the monthly taxes on the payment to get me right at $250 before the down payment.

Any thoughts?
    Not too impressed given that it is the end of the model year and $250 is the nationally advertised Honda payment for an LX with 0 down for 35 mo. @ 12k miles.

A couple weeks ago I got an EX 4 sedan for 227 + tax ($242) with 0 out of pocket and if you consider the fact that the dealer made the final 2 payments on the 2010 I dropped off, it works out that the 227 is really like $215.
  • So your deal on the EX was $215+tax, no money down? Around $237-8...for a bump in the model as well.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll get multiple quotes from regional dealers and see what my local guy wants to do then.
  • Dealer has moved to $199/month (taxes included) on a 2012 LX 4, $1500 down with 12k, 35 payments and they are having the exterior/interior colors I want brought in from another dealership.
  • I am sorry for my ignorance,,,but how do you use the residual and money factor to calculate the cost of the lease...is there a formula?
  • Thanks I will check it out!
  • tpbctpbc Posts: 13
    Can you tell me whether Massachusetts is one of these states? I am considering a lease on a 2012 Accord LX and was just quoted a $17,776 price and want to get paid cash on my 2011 Elantra.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Thanks bradl1 :shades: . Here you go.

Honda Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Accord Sedan EX-L 4-cylinder with 15,000 miles per year are .00046 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an Accord Sedan EX-L V6 are .00046 and 51%.

When negotiating your deal on either of these cars, make sure to take advantage of the total of $1,500 in cash incentives that are currently available on it.

A 2-year lease of these cars would definitely be more expensive than a 3-year lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey robcola1. The lease calculator that pegasus was kind enough to share is great, but if you're interested here's how the formula that is used to calculate payments works: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. I usually use this formula and Excel to work up payments.

Car_man
    Host
    That's a good question, tpbc. I am not personally familiar with the sales tax laws for Mass, but you might be able to find out by visiting one of the following sites: Mass Department of Motor Vehicles or Mass Department of Revenue.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_man
    Thanks for the info..that is excellent info and gives me even more detail on the answers I need. I appreciate your help.
    Bob
    You're very welcome Bob. I'm glad that I was able to help you out.

Car_man
    Host
  • partcans:

Did you close a deal with Piazza? I also found that they have provided the best internet numbers.

If you dealt with a trade-in or lease return, please advise as to how they treated you. Do they low ball the lease figures and therafter also low ball you on your trade.

Thanks
  • I am not an expert, but I did lease a LX in April and thought I would reply to you. I based my decision on the total for the lease and the residual. My lease total [complete] is $7009 for 12k miles 36 months, $13149 residual. I jumped at it because I thought it was quite a deal, and I had a 16 year old Accord LX. I think it is a good car, not great. There are some issues for me, such as stopping distance, uncomfortable seats, below average stereo with this Accord. If I didn't get a good deal, I would have waited for the '13 Altima,'13 Accord, or maybe something else. Add up the total for your lease , taxes, tags, dealer fees, money down, everything. I think the LX, at this time, should be close to $7000 with a fairly low residual.
  • miami425miami425 Posts: 2
    edited September 2012
    I currently have an Accord LX with 6 weeks remaining on the lease. Here is what the dealer has quoted for a new lease:
    2012 Accord SE 36 month lease
    12000 miles year
    I do not have to make the one remaining payment on the current lease
    No payment the first month
    $271 payment including tax months 2-36
    $372 at inception for tags
    Good deal or should I try to negotiate more?
    Hi miami424,

Assuming there is still decent availability as it appears the incentives are the same as August, I might check further.

30 days ago I had 2 payments left on a 2010 LX and thought I'd test the waters one weekend. Used Edmunds to e-mail several dealers in Central Florida. Two hours later I was on the phone with a dealer on the east coast (about 45 miles away) cementing a deal! Bigger dealers in Orlando would not deal enough.

Dealer took care of the last 2 payment on my 2010 and had to "dealer trade" for the 2012 EX auto 4 dr I wanted. $242 a month (incl tax) 36/12k with ZERO out of pocket. Three days later I was there and back in under 3 hours with my new one. Just in time for the ball game.
  • Thanks for your advice!
  • gpsac,

Can you tell me the name of the dealer? I am in Orlando and will be leasing a new Accord soon. Or at least tell me which city on the coast. Thanks.
    Titusville. Do the email quote from Edmunds to get the internet manager.
  • Awesome. Thanks! Hopefully there will be some good left over 2012s when I am ready to lease.
  • Does anyone have what the money factor and residual value will be on a 2013 Accord Touring.
    I know its early, but I am stopping by the dealer on Wednesday, just thought I would have this info in my back pocket. Also, will these numbers change as it gets later into the model year, say in a month or 2?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.