Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Lease Questions

Comments

• slamshifterslamshifter Posts: 25
    Huskerfan: Sorry for carpet bombing...I shopped a 13 Accord LX and and got a local dealer down to $20,995 and $255 a month with 1st months payment and $0 sec dep. I shopped a comparable '13 Sube Impreza 5 door premium edition because the similar price point. Sube wins the business with a final negotiated price of 20,000. According to several auto locator services the Sube is invoiced at $21267 and dealer has it MSRP $22500. They had the factory add on a cold weather pkg and it came in around $23,500. So...here's the deal...gimme the scoop huskerfan...is this a good deal???

Selling price: $20,000
    36 month lease
    12000 miles/per annum
    Residual 61%
    MF: .00100
    Base payment $223
    Monthly payment = $239 month ($223 + 6.75% tax)
    Due at signing: $583 (1st month of $223/$250 doc fee/$60

Appreciate the feedback!
    Well the deal went down on the Sube and all's well that ends well. My local Honda dealer told me, "We aren't in the car wholesale business" so I went with the Sube. End of story.
  • jw074jw074 Posts: 15
    Hi,

Just wondering what some realistic sale prices are for LX, Sport, EX? How much below invoice can one get?

Invoices I found incl destination: 21,369/22,929/24,037 for LX/Sport/EX

Weymouth's site has: 20,697/22192/23250

How much lower can one reasonably get?

I'm assuming residual, and MF aren't negotiable right? That's why focusing on negotiating the sale price.

So far I've gotten sale price of 20958/22485/23571 for LX/Sport/EX

2. Also, I've read people posting that it is recommended to roll the fees (doc, bank, DMV, etc) into the monthly payments, instead of paying up front? Any reason (aside from not having to pay upfront)?

thank you for all of the advice on the forums
    Just went down that road with an LX priced at $20995...it was as low as dealer would go and I have previously leased 5 Hondas from those guys. Their best counter offer was 3 yr/36k miles with $0 down came out to $255 a month. Got the AWD Subaru for $1000 less and $30 a month cheaper. Great car for the money, loads of options and very decent residual and MF. Honda dealers just aren't hungry enough I guess (lol)
  • huskerfan5huskerfan5 Posts: 163
    Good deal. You lucked out that Brian was familiar with Impreza pricing. Good residual for May and the MF was decentl
    I always recommend putting everything into the lease and getting 36 equal monthly payments because if the car is stolen or totaled, you lose everything you paid at inception. The only reason not to do that is if you plan on applying for a mortgage and need to keep your debt payment to income ratio down
  • jw074jw074 Posts: 15
    What happens if I don't buy today?

Tomorrow is June 1...will they still honor the price, or do they go up again?

Just wondering bc what if in June Honda offers dealers more flexcash/rebates or something?

Bc I don't need a care TODAY...I can wait another week or 2
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,764
    If dealers wont honor the May,31 price quoted its best to start your buying process at the end of June.

June could have a better rebate and flex cash deals.

End of June is the end of the 2 Quarter for car companies. Big savings at end of the month for sure.. Dealers that need those sale incentive numbers will be hungry to sell at much lower prices..

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

Brian is right about the pricing but you need to take the residual and money factor into consideration too and those can change every 30 days.
    Just like you can expect pricing to go down in June, it is likely that residuals will go down in June also. Each percentage point decrease will increase the lease by about $8. On the other hand, each $265 decrease in your cap cost will lower the payment by about $8. Doubt the money factor will change much between May and June. Economy wise, there’s probably a greater chance that MF’s would rise than fall but they could also lower the MF to spur volume. If I were you, I’d take my chances and wait till June.
  • etrout85etrout85 Posts: 5
    edited June 2013
    SOUTHERN CALI

Anyone know the June MF and Res % for all the trims? Where/how do you guys get that sort of info?

Also how exactly is the customer's credit scored factored in? There's different tiers of MF depending on customer credit?

Most dealerships do not want to talk about how leasing actually works. Some sales reps. and managers do not know how it works. They get very defensive: "Why do the details matter? Its $XXX a month. That's the bottom line."

Happy hunting all!
    Car_man provides residuals for many makes and models but for Hondas you can find them at the Weymouth Honda website if you go to their lease calculator. And yes, your credit rating impacts the money factor just as it impacts the interest rate if you are financing.
    I assure you, all dealers know how leasing works and they prey on the those that are uninformed. Next time, just tell the dealer to give you the money factor, residual and a breakdown of the capitalized cost along with the monthly payment. He won't come back with "why do the details matter." because he will realize that you understand that the details do matter.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Yes, if two vehicles have the same money factor then the one with the higher residual values would indeed be cheaper to lease...assuming that their MSRPs and selling prices are the same.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're welcome sanman1. I'm impressed that you got them to use $1,500 in flex cash on your deal. That makes up for the silly $699 dealer fee. I think that you did well. Enjoy your new ride :) !

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • sanman1sanman1 Posts: 69
    edited June 2013
    Thanks car_man. I think I did well..lol I'm not sure if I got them to do $1500 in flex cash. Maybe you meant the $500? Anyway, there was no money out of pocket and it is a 15k mile lease for 36 months. No money down and first payment and all fees were rolled into the lease deal. I pay $392 a month plus state sales tax. This particular V6 coupe doesn't seem to have any special lease deals going and the residual is a little low which can affect payment. If the resdidual was 58% then we are talking under $400 a month with tax incl. Car is awesome so far.
  • sittiesittie Posts: 3
    Thank you huskerfan5. After correcting the residual and adding in fees (Acq fee $595; Doc fee $516 and first month payment, we ended up with a monthly payment of $331 on the following amounts:
    Purch $26215
    MSRP $28860
    Res 54% (drop from 56% w/ 15k mi lease)
    Money factor .00089
    Flex cash $500
    Cash down $1000
    15k miles/yr
  • tweety6583tweety6583 Posts: 15
    Just got a 3yr 12k lease for $319/month, no cash down, no out of pocket, only thing due at signing was the first months payment of $319.

I rolled the $595 acquisition fee, $250 doc fee, $791 of sales tax and registration all into the payment. Car was $25,163, dealer showed as $25,663 - $500 flex cash. Cap cost (total of above) was $26,799.

I think I could have shaved another couple hundred if I waited until the end of the month or pushed harder, but dealer knew I did my homework and could get a quick sale at this price. In and out of dealer in under two hours, and the last hour was the salesperson helping me pair my phone and explaining all the electronics.

How did I do?
  • jgtsjgts Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Finishing up a lease on a loaded Crosstour and interested in what I should be paying to lease an Accord EX V6 without Nav (2013). Dealers are giving me the run around on price so any help or ranges you can provide would be really appreciated!

Also interested in lease pricing for the Sport. Was told last week by the dealer that 340 plus tax and 750 down would get me there. Seems like 13K total is a little high for a car that lists around 23K.

I hate going to the dealership so would love to have the ammo to make it a one stop trip.

Thank you very much for any insights you may have!!!!
  • carguy778carguy778 Posts: 33
    hey can you tell me where did you lease your car from. I m also looking for the same.

Thanks
  • tweety6583tweety6583 Posts: 15
    Hey Carguy778,

I shopped all around Cincinnati and Dayton Ohio area. Three very good dealers, Joe Morgan, Matt Castrucci, Allan Nott were all very competitive and I would have purchased from any of them. They all were in the same $320/range, other Honda dealers were $340 and above, I walked out at 6 other dealerships, but each time I was able to get closer to a realistic bottom line. My learning on this is as you approach end of month, you should be able to beat my $320 by another $10 to $15/month. Good Luck.
  • yoyolenyoyolen Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    Honda Finance establishes the money factor based on your credit tier and the residual based on the model. Ask to see it in writing if you do not trust the dealer but they are not negotiable.
  • anthony212anthony212 Posts: 13
    Ok this is the quote I got from a dealership in NY. I feel like I'm getting ripped off.
    Honda Accord Ex-L Coupe i4
    36 months 12k lease
    Monthly Lease Fee $250.01
    Cap Cost Reduction 3658.19
    Tax on cap cost reduction 315.52
    Up Front Tax (8.625) 776.28
    Total Due At Inception 5000 (Thats the trade in for my Car)
    Less Cash Deposit 100
    Cash Due on Delivery 4900
    Purchase Option Price 16161.60
    He also used the $500 for Flex Cash

How much lower can I get this guy I feel like I'm paying way to much for the car.
  • ral2167ral2167 Posts: 642
    edited June 2013
    yes-- if i did things right-- you would be getting ripped off.
    I used a lease calculator:
    MSRP: $28900
    Selling price: 25242 (28900 - 3658)
    Down Payment: 4900
    Sales tax: 8.625
    Lending rate-- you didn't supply this, but I used 1.9%
    Car value at end of loan: $16161.6

I got $157.55/month. So how are they getting $250.01????? The only nice thing about this is the selling price of $25242. That is very good price.
    It was 10 mins before closing when he told me his price after we kept going back and forth. I honestly have no clue where he got the $250.01 doesn't make sense. Btw which calculator did you use?
  • ral2167ral2167 Posts: 642
    I use this one:
    http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/auto/auto-lease-calculator.aspx

It's accurate as I also lease and it matched exactly my lease payment when I plugged in my numbers.
    I didn't do any calculations, but if the total due at signing is the $5,000, then the lease must include the Honda Finance fee, doc fees and registration so you would need to add those into the cap cost. That will get you a little closer.

It's not advisable to pay so much at inception in case the car is stolen or totalled.
    I know it's not smart to put down money on the car, but he kept telling me the less money I put down the higher the price would jump, but still that quote he gave me just didn't sound right.
    He's right, your payment would go up close to $150 but it's not worth the risk paying $5,000 up front. The additional interest you will be paying on the lease should be considered cheap insurance. He will make the same either way you go but he wants you to pay more upfront because he thinks, psychologically, you would be more apt to close the deal at a lower monthly payment.
    Still don't understand how he came up with $250 a month, anyway I'm going to a different dealership today. And would like to get it down to $250 with little / no money down
This discussion has been closed.