Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Lease Questions

1177178179180181183»

Comments

• Bill,

11-12k for the 11 LX-P seems kind of low, no?

I will give it a little more effort tomorrow morning and see what happens. I would like to get the payment down a bit closer to $250 if possible.

Thanks.
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436
    I went by kbb excellent condition trade in for an estimate on your car's value - I was kind of surprised it was that low too. But like I said - if need be, you can just turn it in. You might be able to get the payment down about $15 if the dealers have any flex cash available.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Bill
  • Bill,

The other dealer came through with an offer of 21.5k selling price, bringing the payment down to 261 tax included.

I think I got a pretty good deal.
    Oh yeah - that's much better than the other deal. They must've had some flex cash. Way to hang in there!

Congrats and enjoy the new Accord - that sport is a beautiful car!

Bill
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,850
    If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns a 2013-14 Honda Accord, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 13, 2013, for use in a print publication. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, December 11, for a copy of the survey.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Thanks for the clarification because I definitely try not to write down anything I am not sure of, or at least preface it by stating that. I actually think I wrote the word residual somewhere on the board when I meant the word purchase. The amount is close to what it would cost to purchase the car at lease-end and I associated it with that. Your definition of residual makes it easy to understand.
    Isn't there something in small print in the lease advertisements that states what it would cost to purchase the car at lease-end? (Maybe what I meant by payoff) Is that amount lower if your down payment is higher?
    edited December 2013
    The residual value is stated on lease agreements in black and white and in plain sight - no small print involved because it is a major factor used in calculating the lease payment. "Payoff" might be a bit different because there might be fees and taxes added to the residual if the lessee elects to purchase the vehicle at lease end.

Bill
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018

A new topic has been created for 2014 Honda Accord Lease Questions. Please go here to continue.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• dcanes41dcanes41 Posts: 11

Hi CarMan,

It was recommended to contact you in regards to my offer from my local Honda dealership here in Northeast Pennsylvania:

For a 2014 Accord EX: $268/month for 35 months (includes tax)

Negotiated Purchase Price:$22,900

Residual: $15,600

Accessories Included: Car Mats, Mud Guards, Remote Engine Start System II (Installed)

They did mention they included any flex cash they had left since we are close to the end of the month. I would need to come up with the first payment of $268.00 + Title transfer/tags (Guesstimate an additional $170.00). So total due would be $438.00.

Thank you, Dave

• Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018

For lease questions concerning 2014 Accord, please go here:

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/16719/honda/x/2014-honda-accord-lease-questions

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

This discussion has been closed.