Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi Car_man and others,

I have a 720+ credit and I am looking for the cheapest /month lease for an accord SE. I have called around at several Bay Area dealerships and they are all offering me a $270+ with $450-500 in Dmv etc fees.

If you can tell me the MF and residual in this area and a reasonable price I should ask for, it would be extremely helpful.

Thanks and have a great weekend!
  • Leased a 2011 Honda Accord EX-L for $238 a month, we traded in a 1999 Toyota Corolla for $2900 that was put towards the $1800 in drive off fees etc and to bring lease payments down. Residual we received based on a credit score above 700 was .57 for 36 months 12,000 miles. The dealer matched the sale price on truecar.com for $24,318 when msrp was $28,105. He also threw in wheel locks for free and included a sunroof visor for free as well, overall I was very happy with this deal. Anyone else think this was a good deal? Also, I live in the bay area.
  • Hi all,

I finally got the Accord 2011 SE with 15k miles for 1515 down. Now I have a payment of 232 including tax for the next 35 months.

Residual is around 14k 57%. The sale price of the car was 20350.

What you guys say?

Thanks,
  • LeaseWizard is right. This is actually one of the major advantages to leasing. Any vehicle that has been in an accident will experience diminished value, however as long as it has been repaired properly the bank that it is being leased through has to eat the eventual loss not the lessee.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi carbuyer786. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Accord Sedan SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00123 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the available cash incentive ($1,250 on leases).

Car_man
    Host
  • ccqccq Posts: 6
    Hi Car_man & all!

Looking for the current money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Accord Coupe EX-L with 15,000 miles per year. I plan on closing the deal no later than Monday.

I want to personally thank you again Car_man for all your help three years ago when I leased my civic ex coupe and say i couldn't have done it without you and the gang!

Please give me your opinion on the following quote from a local Houston TX dealer on the above mentioned accord:

2011 Accord Coupe EX-L = 22,776.00
    Destination Fee = 750.00
    Protection Package = 339.00
    Window tint = 150.00
    Accessory: =
    SUB TOTAL = 24,015.00
    Trade in Allowance -
    Trade Difference = 24,015.00
    Sales Tax - 6.25% 1,500.94
    Trade Pay Off = 0.00

Inventory Tax - .2103 + 50.50
    Documentary Fee + 125.00
    Title, Inspection, License Fee + 134.05
    Extended Warranty (Honda Care) +
    Cash/Finance Total Drive Out = 25,825.49

This is the final cost of the 2011 Accord Coupe EX-L.

I am not quite sure as to what the "protection package" is, and was wondering if I should try and get that taken off before closing the deal.

Thanks again for all of your help!!! I TRULY appreciate it!!! :shades:
  • For an Accord Sedan SE 2011 Lease in Northern NJ, I was quoted $250/mo with $0 down and taxes and fees included.

Car_Man, is that a good deal?

Thank you so much for your help and time.
  • Hi Car_man,
    I'm looking to lease a 2011 Accord LX-P for 36 months with 12k miles per yr. Can you please provide me with the money factor and residual?

Thanks!
  • I saw the March 2011 Accord lease specials and contacted my local dealer in Ottawa, Illinois. The "special" for a 2011 Accord SE was $209 per month for for 36 months, 12k miles per year. But had to put $1999 down, plus tax, title and license due at signing (about another $2000), for a total of $4k up front. Also offered a price for a 2011 Accord SE of $290/month for 36 months, 12k miles per year. Only first payment due at signing. All taxes, title, license, fees included. Is this $290/month cost a good deal? If not, what is the "right" way to negotiate this lease? Sorry for asking such a broad question, but I have never leased before.
  • mitchbeemitchbee Posts: 1
    Offered a deal on Accord LX-P. No money down. First month paid. 35 months remaining on a 12,000 mile a year lease. Out the door for $270.00 including tax per month. Is this a good deal?
  • NO! Youare paying too much. You should be closer to $200,

http://www.hamiltonhonda.net/specials/incentives.htm#

LX $159 month with $1500 down (includes tax, tags , title and bank fee)

for 24 months Verified deal

that is $223 a month for 24 months $0 down

Your payment should be lower over 36 months

LW
    O.K. Gang, here is the best deal I could get and I'm pretty satisfied. I hope it helps someone else out there. I had to stick to what I expected and be prepared to leave before signing the contract, but at 8pm on the last day of the month with the $1250.00 worth of incentives being offered possibly coming to an end, this is what I came away with fairly painlessly! LOL!

15,000 mile, 36 month lease:

M.S.R.P. $27,855.00
    Base Cap Cost $23,804.00
    Costs Added to Lease (Tax) $1296.00
    Cap Cost Reductions $1241.00
    Adjusted Cap Cost $23,859.00
    Residual Value $14,763.00
    Money Factor .00068 or 1.63%

$278.93 a month

A $1000.00 got me out the door to cover the $741.00 down and $259.00 for Title and License. I received $500.00 over pay off for my 2008 civic as trade, and even got Honda to make the first payment!

Let me know what you think, and happy hunting! :sick:
  • Leased an Accord Sedan EX-L last day of the month with 12,000 miles per year for $280 X 35, zero due at signing. Good deal I think, best part was dealer bumped me from Standard to the Preferred credit tier to get the .00068 money factor. This is in North Texas, all cars around here have an accessory package installed; mine included tint, pinstripe, mudflaps, door edge guards, trunk tray and wheel locks. Good luck
    Hey Yungjames808,

Looks like we got almost the very same deal. Mine was for an EX-L Coupe though, and included 15,000 miles with all the same options and exact payment in the Houston area. I had to kick in $1000.00 though to get that payment. $741.00 down, and the other $259.00 to cover title and license. When you say zero down, did you mean you actually walked out not paying a thing? My dealership stated although tax could be rolled in, title and license by law had to be paid by me. I hope you are enjoying yours as much as I'm enjoying mine. Congrats!
  • Hey ccq,

Yes very close, I could have bumped the lease up to 15,000 miles per year for about $15/month more. Mine was a true zero down to me, although AHFC made my first payment due to lease loyalty...I'm not sure if the title & license would've made up part of that first payment, but here are the numbers:

$28,105 MSRP
    $24,036.50 Sales Price (factors in $1,250 in incentives plus dealer add-ons)
    $25,093.11 Adj Cap Cost (includes origination, TT&L, and a bit of negative equity from my Lexus IS)
    Residual 57%
    Money Factor .00068
    $280/month x 36, first month paid by AHFC

Another advantage I had was zero sales tax rolled in due to my trade value. I hope you enjoy your new coupe...I would've gone for one of those if not for the need of those two extra doors.

Regards
  • elduro83elduro83 Posts: 1
    I'm new at leasing but have been following this forum and doing my own research... I have an offer for an Accord SE with the following...

MSRP - $25,650
    Sell Price - $20.984

I can get it for $259.00 a month - With nothing down - zero down all fees included in the price.
    I could have left the lot with the car - but I didn't.
    or
    I can get it for $199.68 a month with $2,000 down.
    It is a 36month lease / 12k miles.

What do you guys think..? I think either one is a pretty good deal. Would like to get some feedback from the experts !!
    Thanks..
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi renanm. The easiest way to evaluate this deal is to look at this car's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number it is more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given, and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what this number is and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi hondastyle. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Accord Sedan LX-P with 12,000 miles per year are .00113 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey yungjames808,

I think we did really well on both of our leases and know I couldn't have done it without the help of everyone on this site. Thanks again for all the information as well. It's nice to know in the future I should really try to negotiate ALL the fees into the lease with a true nothing down situation. Enjoy that great car!

Regards :shades:
  • nsmelcernsmelcer Posts: 1
    Hello. I am looking for the money factor and residual value for a 2011 Honda Accord sedan LX 5-speed manual transmission. The selling price I've been quoted is supposedly $18,600. I'm trading in my Altima with $4,000 of negative equity. The dealership is telling me that even with a $2700 down payment my monthly payments will be $291 with tax included. Personally I think that's high compared to what I'm reading in this thread. Please advise.
This discussion has been closed.