Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,613
    Doesn't AHFC have a $1500 damage waiver, with up to $500 per item? They used to..

Wouldn't your total only be $200, then? ($100 over on two items?)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• REF: 5018
    Sales price is too high. Should be closer to 21k; it's 20.6 here in OH
    Doc fee is completely negotiable in AZ; don't pay more than $100 if you can help it (tough sell, i know)
    Other numbers are correct. Use this OH deal as proof that your AZ deal is too high. However, please realize that prices vary by region and supply/demand. LX models are plentiful - most want a power seat...

http://pictures.dealer.com/v/vosshondaoh/0289/f0011d780a0d02b70197871d6b3ab119.j- pg
  • From what I've been told if damage is 499 they forgive it. If its 501 you pay it all, you don't get the difference. Can anyone confirm?
  • re79re79 Posts: 2
    Thanks. I will try to negotiate more and I will tell you the result.
  • I looked into an Escape but decided I didn't have time to take it to the dealer for it's monthly recall. Consumer Reports just reviewed the Fusion. Suggest you read.
  • Yes, for Honda Finance that is exactly how it works. You can call and ask if they will forgive it for you, though they might refuse.
    Well.. that sucks.

• What are the odds of them forgiving? Especially if I am willing to finance/buy a new CRV EXL (and possible up to four additional cars (no joke, really 4 additional cars)
  • As an update: got the inspection report. I have the following damages

Bumper dent and paint front and back: 750$ each
    Quarter panel damage: 370
    Tires (2): $100 each

Under afhc policy I would Pay just the bumpers bc the other stuff gets waived

Any help on how I should try to get this waived? Get my own estimates worth it?
  • bigjoefatzbigjoefatz Posts: 6
    edited February 2013
    Update 2:

Told AHFC I would be willing to take out another car - they said they would drop 700

Told AHFC I would be willing to take out 2 cars - they said they would waive the entire damage.

CHING CHING.

Thanks all for your help.
  • jw074jw074 Posts: 6
    Abdulha, Cinbee: any updates?

Also in the area looking for lease

Rt 22 Honda online advertising:

2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan Lease for $159/mo*
    36 Month Lease 12k miles per year

* Lease prices are based on 36 month contracts through Honda, with 12k Miles per year and $999 Due at signing plus all fees without Loyalty needed. Does not include: Sales Tax, Bank Fee, Doc Fee, DMV Fee, destination, first payment or any installed accessories. Lease prices available with Tier 1 credit only.
    BUY FOR: $20,195*

Down Pmnt: 999
    Bank Fee: 595
    Destination Fee: 790
    Doc Fee: need to find out what it is

Thoughts? Anything else should watch out for/negotiate?
  • Well, if the doc fee was $300 and there were no surprises, then you would need $2,684 to lay out, excluding taxes and registration. Putting the $2,684 into the lease would make the payment about $239. If you put Weymouth Honda's doc fee into their lease (the bank fee and destination is already in it), their payment would be $242 before tax and registration. Weymouth's price seems to be lower than the $20,195 plus destinatiion so not sure how Route 22 is coming up with their payment.
    Glad that worked out... :)

• jw074jw074 Posts: 6
    Weymouth seems to be 232 before tax/reg

$209/month with $0 down Continuously Variable Transmission. Excludes Tax, $595 Lease Acquisition Fee, $239 Documentation fee and $125 Registration fee. 36 months - 12k miles/year. Expires 03/01/2013.

(209*36)+595+239=8358 / 36 = 232

Thanks for your help...now I know what range to work with
  • I'm on my 3rd lease with AHFC and each time I have traded into new leases about 6 months before my current is up, but under miles. This time I am 6 months out from my lease expiration and I am already 1,000 miles over. If I lease a new vehicle with Honda (or possibly an Acura) are these miles able to be forgiven? Do they work the mileage overage payment into the new monthly payment on my new lease?

I went to on dealer here in Orlando and they gave me so much crap about being over miles and told me whether I leased a new car today or waited 6 months, I was going to pay for those miles, which I felt they were just saying so I would be comfortable with payming more to lease a car while on the lot that day.

Any advice?
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436
    If you are trading your car in, the only part the mileage plays is how it affects the trade in value - trading in a leased vehicle is no different than trading a purchased vehicle - you will just have less, if any, equity to apply to your new car.

Hope this helps,

Bill G
  • You're very welcome hondarider2.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Here's the information that you're looking for cpz1. Honda Finance's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here's the numbers for the 4-cylinder, cpz1.

Honda Finance's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Accord Coupe EX-L 4-cyl. without Navigation with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Nav often knocks a few points off of vehicles' residual values. The leftover value of an in-dash navigation system which initially cost hundreds of dollars or more that is several years old just is not that great in an era of cheap portable units, which are even giving way to phones with nav.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.