Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Lease Questions

Comments

• jojo91jojo91 Posts: 1
    What state are you getting these deals in? I live in NY ( on the border of NJ) and the cheapest lease quote I have gotten on the EXL is $349 (incl tax) per month with DMV and first payment at close.
  • Hello,

Does anyone know the April and/or May MF and residual numbers on a EX-L V6 w/Nav Accord for 36 months & 12k/year? Please assume best possible credit rating.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • benji123benji123 Posts: 61
    California (Los Angeles). Competitive market, I guess. Have two dealerships offering same deals.
  • jojo91, HOW is tax fpr a vehicle lease computed in your state? That could be some of the difference along with regional ones.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're very welcome contract_build.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi badger1994. Through April 30th, Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Accord Sedan EX-L V6 with 12,000 miles per year are .00107 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • pilot_bugspilot_bugs Posts: 5
    edited April 2013
    Carman is RV for Accord EXL 4 58% too. I have a question about the acquisition fee.If it is paid upfront it will not be added to gross capitalized cost? Any incentives for April for the Accord? Thanks.

Kean
  • Thank you for the experience with the WF bank automan822.

I did more reading on the web and see where this is possible. Can't do it with my lease financed through the manufacturer/dealer but I'll look into a CU/bank maybe the next time round.

Thanx again!
  • iwannagr8leaseiwannagr8lease Posts: 42
    edited April 2013
    I'm not car_man but ANY inception fees, you mean paid upfront, should be by definition not in the downback c-a-p-i-t-a-l-i-z-e-d number.

Hope this helps?
    edited April 2013
    Good deals?

You know since you read prior posts in the forum that it's tough to say without more detailed numbers to punch into a spreadsheet, the region you're located, the manner with which taxes are levied, etc.

Anyway Dude, enjoy your test drives! Let us know how the 4 Cyl compares with the V6!
  • Thank you again Car_man!

From your message, I take it that with or without NAV, the residual is the same.

--
    badger1994
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436
    I think residual with nav is 2 percent less
  • oojasoojas Posts: 6
    Hey Everyone please tell me if this is a good deal for NY lease for Honda Accord Sport

CAR- 21949 ( i got it down this much)

DESTINATION- 790
    NYC TAX- 2018
    DMV- 240
    TOTAL 24997

Now after calculations i am looking at 220 a month ( without taxes on lease)

36 months 12k miles

Is there any room ?
    edited April 2013
    member delta737h understands the whole NY tax thing in leases (I don't).

If you were in my State which simply taxes the monthly payment and with a base payment of $220 and with the Honda provided residual and MF incorporated in the lease, I would sign 'n enjoy.

Just my state-based opinion................
  • Thank you gmanusmc.

Assuming that's accurate, the NAV is a very expensive option. (2% lower residual on a roughly $2k more expensive car.)
    So true - the difference in lease payment is usually around $50-60 more for the EXL equipped with nav - not really worth it unless you want the convenience of how it interacts with other equipment and intend to use it a lot.
  • I currently have civic and infiniti leases. Civic expires soon and was looking at the honda accord sport with manual. I see on weymouths website they have 20,000 mile leases. I drive a lot and currently have 15,000 miles. I like the fact of getting a new car every 3 years.

Question does honda offer 20,000 mile leases and is it cost effective or am I better getting the 15k lease and just paying the .15 a mile I go over.
    Buying the extra miles up front is usually around .08 per mile versus the .15 per mile overage at lease end. Not sure but I think Honda will go 18k and 21k with the appropriate reduction in residual, of course. The money factor might change a little also.
  • vspeedvspeed Posts: 11
    edited April 2013
    I can't wrap my head around the numbers and this is driving me a little crazy, okay a lot crazy. Please bear with me.

I saw the lease special for $2500 down and $250 a month not including Tax, Title, Dealer options etc here in Houston Texas (8.25 % tax rate)

I had a 2001 Dodge Durango for Trade In

Here's a breakdown of my lease deal.

2013 Honda Accord LX CVT Auto
    Propack and Tint added ($735) after MSRP of $23270 for total of $24005

Advertised: $249 per month for 36 months (not including Tax, Title and Dealer Options, etc...), $2,499 cash due at signing

My Deal (with a $1500 Trade In and $3000 cash down payment)

Gross Cap Cost $26630
    Cap Cost Reduction 4250
    Adjusted Cap Cost $22379
    Residual $14194
    Depreciation $8184
    Rent Charge $ 1408
    Total of Base Payments $9593
    Lease Payments 36
    Money Factor .00107 (The finance manager told me this after I called him back)
    Base Monthly Payment including Tax $266

I can't help but think I got screwed somehow in this deal. But maybe I'm just overreacting. I called the dealer and they gave me an itemized listing of the fees which totaled $2753 (which included the 735 for the dealer options and a sales tax of $1464 and various other fees) on top of the MSRP and not including the acquisition fee of $595. He said in order to get the special price of $250, I would have had to put down $5242 but the lease terms limit it to %20 of the total cost of the vehicle.

Please put my mind at ease and help me make sense of this and tell me I didn't get hosed..It seemed fine until I got home and started mulling over the numbers.

It looks like I basically got MSRP with an addon package of $735...I'm happy with that based on my payment, I just don't want to think I tossed my old vehicle at them and they marked up the Cap Cost or something funny...I've been on countless numbers of online calculators and nothing is making sense to me.

Thank you to anyone who can help put my mind at ease!!!
  • ral2167ral2167 Posts: 642
    The fact that you admit that you paid MSRP plus $700+ for add-ons, but you were happy with the payment, indicates that you got hosed. Why are you paying MSRP? It seems you were more concerned with the monthly payment than with the numbers that would have got you to a lower monthly payment. Plus you put down such a large down payment which is not good with a lease. If others disagree with me, feel free to chime in.
This discussion has been closed.