Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Lease Questions

Comments

• Hello!
    What do you think abt Honda's current lease on the Civic VP?
    Thanks ;)

2010 Civic Sedan VP Featured Special Lease
    $169.00 per month for 36 months. $2,499.00 total due at signing.
    Includes down payment with no security deposit. Excludes taxes, titles and fees. For well-qualified buyers.
    Show Details
    FEATURED SPECIAL LEASE: Closed-end lease for 2010 Civic DX-VP Automatic Transmission (Model FA1F3AEW) for $169.00 per month for 36 months with a $1,735.00 capitalized cost reduction available to customers who qualify for the AHFC Super Preferred credit tier. Other rates/tiers are available under this offer. $2,499.00 total due at lease signing (includes first month's payment with no security deposit, AHFC upfront acquisition fee and capitalized cost reduction; total net capitalized cost and base monthly payment does not include tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Not all buyers may qualify.

Subject to limited availability. 9/23/2009 through 11/2/2009, to approved lessees by American Honda Finance Corp. Closed end lease for 2010 Civic DX-VP Automatic Transmission vehicles (Model FA1F3AEW), for well qualified lessees. Not all lessees will qualify. Higher lease rates apply for lessees with lower credit ratings. MSRP $17,915.00 (includes destination) less the capitalized cost reduction (which may be paid by the suggested dealer contribution) resulting in actual net capitalized cost $15,563.68. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. Taxes, license, title fees, options and insurance extra. Total monthly payments $6,084.00. Option to purchase at lease end $10,749.00. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and 15 cents/mi. over 12,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP less than $30,000, but for vehicles with MSRP of $30,000 or more, mileage cost is 20 cents/mi. over 12,000 miles/year. See dealer for complete details.
  • I am leasing a 2009 Honda Civic Coupe with Navigation System and Bluetooth. Basically some nice bells and whistles. I noticed over the last few month though I need a much bigger car as I carry art and some will not fit in the car. I have been leasing for a year is possible to upgrade to a bigger car. What are the penalties? Do they perform another credit check? I live in dallas texas. Any help would be great.

Thanks
    JH
  • Hi carman, looking for the MF and residual value on a 2009 Honda Civic Coupe EX, 12000 miles, 3 years, in the DC area. No navigation, or anything like that. If you happen to have the #'s for the 2010 model as well, for the sake of comparison, that'd be greatly appreciated as well.

Thank you very much!
  • Hi ashgautam. In October, Honda is providing $750 dealer cash on the 2009 Civic that is compatible with both its special financing and special lease programs. It is not yet providing any cash on the 2010 Civic.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi endlsskys. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your Civic lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values".

Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello starks33. Here's the information that you're looking for. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Honda Civic Coupe EX without navigation with 12,000 miles per year are .00186 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $750 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 model are .00186 and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi all,

We just got this quote by a dealer in northern New Jersey for a 2009 LX sedan with auto trans:

$1000 down at lease signing, $243/mo. for 36 months (with 12k mi/yr) including all taxes and fees.

We had started looking for an EX sedan but when the dealers came back with monthly payment amounts of $287 to $300, we decided to scale down to the LX sedan. Are these guys just trying to pull the ol' swindle? :confuse:

Seeing the other posts on this board, I don't think our offer is so good anymore. What do you guys think?

Thanks!
  • njpcdriver, where in NJ do you live? Depending on where you live and if you're willing to travel (who knows, you could be around the corner), I can help you get the best deal possible. One of my best friends works for DCH Academy Honda in Old Bridge, NJ and between myself, my family, friends, and random people I've met on here, we have leased / purchased 12 (and counting...) Honda's from him in the past year. It's almost comical how much I help him out. I only ask from him in return is to refer customers to me if they need a Mercedes-Benz so we have a great relationship! I am more than willing to help out a fellow New Jerseyian (I'd help out people from other states, but it seems like they'd rather stay in-state). Seems the $243.00 for 36-months, 12,000 Miles per Year with $1,000 Total out of Pocket seems a tad high based on the Residual and MF that CarMan has listed and they could go a little lower. My friend will beat that no problem. He doesn't play any games. Contact me if you need help in getting the 09 Civic LX you'd like. Take care!
  • :) njpcdriver, that seems high to me as well. i just leased a 2010 civic LX-S for $223.86 @35 months i paid the first months lease payment plus tags ect.. for a total of $443.36 due at my signing. i know the LX is priced about $1000 less then the LX-s is so you should be able to get the lx at a slightly lower payment and little to no money down like i did. i have found getting an internet price quote for purchasing from several dealers is the best way to go. that's what i did, i got price quotes from 5 dealers the lowest offer i got was $17,122 with tax title ect the OTD price was $18,500. most places wanted 18,200 before tax and title ect.. best thing to do is shop around and get the final price on paper so you don't get hosed at signing. good luck
  • thebigdaddye,

You were right - it was high so I went back to them and pushed for a better offer (thanks!) - here is what they came back with for the 2009 LX sedan:

Price $16,040
    Cap cost: $0
    Money factor: .00186
    36 months with 12,000 miles per year = $229.43 per month with $1,258.43 total due at signing.

The monthly payment matches your payment, but why the difference in the down payment?? :confuse:
  • Thanks for your reply ghetto2315 - I'll keep him in mind in case I get nowhere with the people I'm dealing with now!! :)
  • njpcdriver, that still seems a little high specially the amount down,plus it's a 2009 which i think has a $750 cash i believe to use towards the down payment. mine is a 2010 LX-S which is a step up from the LX. of course i don't know your credit rating or if your area is slightly higher for car prices. $229 a month is not bad ,but i wouldn't put that much down ($1,200+) try to keep it at or around $500 which should include the first month payment. keep at them and call around don't make a deal unless your totally happy and make sure everything is in writing
  • njpcdriver, no problem. I'm more than happy to help!
  • Just a little follow-up on the final outcome:

We decided to go with the 2009 Civic LX lease with $900 down and $232 a month. We didn't really have the time to haggle with the dealer anymore, so I put an end to the back and forth with the above numbers. Overall, the experience we had was good so no complaints here. :D

Thanks guys!!!
  • Car man,

Can you please give me the Residual and Money Factors on the following 2 cars? I am trying to figure out a lease for 36 months/15,000 miles.

2010 Honda Civic LX Automatic Coupe

2010 Honda Civic EX Automatic Coupe

I am turning in a 2007 Honda Accord with the lease ending in December so I am pretty sure that I quality for the super-preferred term as a returning American Honda Finance customer.

Thanks!!
  • zoranzoran Posts: 68
    Dear Car-Man would you know what are current lease rates residual/MF on 3 year, 30-36K miles lease on Civic Si, Sedan Vs Coupe without Nav, and Insight Ex with and without Nav?

Seems like there is model change on civics next year?
  • cog7cog7 Posts: 2
    thebigdaddye, your deal sounds great!
    I just leased a 2010 Civic LX-S in Brooklyn, NY for $226 including taxes/30 months, with 1499 down (includes all fees and the first month payment). Before I read your post I thought it was good! I tried to find out the price of the car but the dealer kept telling me it doesn't matter and that he could put any price down but that would change money factor, at the same time he refused to tell me what the money factor was. He told me I got Tier 1 credit (whatever that means) and that I am getting the car for a total of 18,405 but it was not anywhere in the papers. The residual factor is about 13k. I keep thinking that I got ripped off and got the car for MSRP, am I wrong? Also, the dealer told me that the car total price makes no difference and that all I am buying is monthly payments but it doesn't feel right. What do you think? Thanks!
  • The offer is $2500 down and $170 per month (includes tax, title and fees) 30 months 12,000 miles.

I feel like I can do better. Thoughts??

Thanks in advance.
  • I leased a Civic LX sedan for $175 a month (including tax) for 30 months (12,000 miles per year). No down payment, just tax, title license and registration fees and the first months payment, which amounted to about 900 dollars.
  • zoranzoran Posts: 68
    Dear car-man or others what is the best lease, finance or price deal on honda civic si sedan? We are debating whether to get current or wait for 2011 coming out in summer of 09.
  • cooljcoolj Posts: 15
    When and where did you lease that civic. I'm interested in the same vehicle and offer. I know about the manufacturer Civic LX lease special, but yours is better. (how did you get that offer). Thanks.
  • Could you provide the breakdown of costs of the $900 you paid at delivery.

Thanks
  • I just got a quote for a 09 LX auto 4-dr. with 12000 miles a year for $199.00 for 36 months with no money down at a dealer in Milwaukee, $500 due at delivery, They want me to take delivery tonight. I told them in two weeks. Sounds like I could do better.

What do you think, can I do better?

Please let me know.
  • I think you can do better.....How about no money down, just 1st month's payment $170.00, dealership fee, $150.00, Registration, $100.00 for a Grand Total of $420.00 due at delivery and $170.00 a month with tax and 12000 miles a year for 36 months.

Try that!!
  • What is a better deal for a lease 09 civic or 10 civic for either 30 months or 36 months with no money down?
  • I'm wondering what the money factor and the residuals are on the 09 and 10 civics?

Can anyone tell me>

Thanks!!
  • cooljcoolj Posts: 15
    Again:
    When and where did you lease that civic. I'm interested in the same vehicle and offer. I know about the manufacturer Civic LX lease special, but yours is better. (how did you get that offer). Thanks.
  • The current lease offer on Honda's website is $179 mo/ 30 mos. 12k miles. $1,499 due @ signing; includes down payment, BUT excludes taxes, titles and fees.

Am I correct in understanding that a better deal than this can be negotiated with the dealers, As in the case of Benzlover1; NO down payment, $175.00 mo/30 mos 12k miles, $900.00 for taxes, titles and fees and 1st mo. lease payment.

Has anyone got a better deal than the advertised deal?

Thanks
  • leahjleahj Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how and where benzlover1 got that lease deal? Im looking to lease real soon and and want the best deal just like everyone else does. Thanks much.
  • Here's what I got; $191.00 mo/plus tax $14.00, $205 total/30 mos, 12k miles.

$688.00 drive-off, no down payment; this was for taxes, title, fees and 1st month payment.

Cap Cost was $17,384.
This discussion has been closed.