Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,178
    Sorry.... we don't have the Honda lease numbers available for August..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• isle05isle05 Posts: 1
    Sushiman...can you tell me what Long Island dealer? I live in Queens and in the market for a Honda. Thanks.

frankneary@yahoo.com
  • Hiya, Car_man!
    I was wondering what the September figures are, money factor and residual percentage, for a 2013 Honda Civic Si Sedan on a 36-month, 15k/year in the Los Angeles, California area are.
    Are those figures any different for the trim equipped with summer tires?

Appreciate it!
  • I just signed my lease last night for this car: 39 months, 10k/year

$1,283 down (taxes, fees, first month payment)

$219.00 a month for the remainder of the lease. I think I got a pretty great deal on my new Civic. Got it in white and it looks great.

Lease signed in Long Island, NY.
  • I got my numbers from the dealership and bargained my lease for

$2000 down
    $168/mo inc taxes and all fees

I get free oil changes for 2 years.

Is this a good deal?? I'm going in today to sign but just wanted to confirm with an expert to see if it is.. Advice is must appreciated. Thank you! :confuse:
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436
    Can't do an accounting of your deal with all the missing info - but I can advise you not to pay anything up front except the first payment - there is no advantage to paying 2000 at signing.

Bill G
  • 0myangela0myangela Posts: 5
    edited September 2013
    Honda civic lx 2013
    3yr
    12k/year

Msrp 19755
    Cap cost 19000
    Value of car 17705
    MF 0.00019
    Res value 59%, 11655

2000 down
    $166/mo inc taxes for 35mo

I wanted lower monthly payments

3years of free oil changes
    3years of free roadside assistance
  • Gmanusmc,

Thank you so much for the reply and the help. I was posting here while at the dealership. The color of the car I wanted was "sold" 3 hours prior to getting there. But they are delivering it to my house, with a contract, which I have not signed yet.

With the same above conditions, would paying $217/mo including registration, tags, taxes, fees for 36months be better than $2000 down and $166/mo 35 months?
    Still difficult to analyze your deal because there is no itemized breakdown of all the costs and fees. There's at least one zero due at signing deal recently that was 195 per month incl 9% sales tax. With the $500 lease incentive, and a well negotiated selling price, you should be able to get to 200 or less with only your first payment due at signing. It's not recommended that you pay anything more than that up front because if the vehicle is totaled or stolen, any excess money paid at lease signing will be lost (insurance company will just pay off the lease).

Hope this helps,

Bill
  • Hey there! I was wondering if you knew what the lease figures are for a 2013 Honda Civic Si Sedan with Summer tires? 36 months and 15k? Los Angeles, California area.

Thanks thanks!
    Your best bet is to send an identical email to the Internet depts of as many dealers you can in SoCal. There are a lot of Honda dealers so you should be able to achieve a good deal. In the email, state your criteria and request their best quote for a 36 month/15k mile lease with only the first payment due at lease signing - that way you will be able to compare apples to apples. If your credit score is in the 700 range, you should qualify for Honda's best rates. When you get some info from the dealers, post it here and posters will be able to give you their opinions.

Thanks, Bill G
    " lease figures are for a 2013 Honda Civic Si Sedan with Summer tires? 36 months and 15k?"

.00019 and 58%

• on the contract it said

cap 19167
    adj 18817
    flex cash 350 (usually 500 but dealer ran out of flex cash supposedly)
    residual .59, $11655.45
    tax 6%
    acquisition fee 595
    no disposition fee

inception fee: $1285.50
    $400 - new tag
    $599 - dealer's fee
    $60- rental surchage
    $9.5 - tire fee, lemon law req
    $218 first month's payment

the value i had negotiated was 17705 and suddenly when I was about to sign the lease, the value of the car was 18817... If I do the numbers, I could definitely get 200-400 off of my lease! Help anyone?
    That 599 dealer fee is adding $18 to the payment. If you have not done the deal yet, either have them reduce that fee significantly, or have them reduce the selling price by 600 - that will get your payment to around 200. Tell your salesperson if they do that, you are ready to sign - in my opinion, 200 is a good deal (with zero or only first payment due at signing). Keep going - you're doing great!

Bill
  • carlovhercarlovher Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    2013 Civic Ex lease
    12K/36 months
    $252 per month payment
    $1200 down including 1st mo. payment
    NJ dealer
    taking 2 months payments from my current lease
    help me? i need to go back today to work out a deal. is this good?
  • jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    edited September 2013
    "is this good?"

Well, compared to what others, and myself have paid... it sucks.

Things must be tough in Jersey. Somewhere around $200-220 a month with nothing down is really good. The more you put down, the less monthly and total out of pocket should be.
  • I signed up for 2013 civic lx on Saturday. The vehicle is not delivered to me. It will be delivered to me today. At this point, can I cancel the lease? Due to some personal reasons, I do not want to lease the car and want to keep my existing car. I signed the Civic Lx for lease with trade in. I did not give the car to the dealer yet. Also they did not deliver the Civic to me yet. It will be done today. Please help.
    In my experience, and to the best of my knowledge, as long has you have not physically taken delivery and possession of the vehicle, you can cancel the deal. However, it might depend on the laws of your state. The way you are describing the situation, you may be able to back out.

Bill G
  • bhanu1bhanu1 Posts: 13
    edited September 2013
    Thanks Bill.

I finally made up my mind and ready to take the delivery today with this:

2013 Civic Lx
    $238 lease.
    No down
    No TTL.
    3 year free service.
    State: North Carolina.

So, Is this a good deal? Just curious
    edited September 2013
    If you qualify for Honda Finance's best lease rate, you should be able to get to around 200 per month with no more than first payment due at signing.

Bill

Forgot about you stating you have a trade involved - any positive or negative equity in the trade would have an affect on your deal.
  • I traded with 2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L with RES, 47500 miles, Very good condition.
    They paid $19100. My credit score is 725.
    What about city/county property taxes?
    That's a whole different animal - when we lived in Virginia, we received a separate tax bill from the county twice a year that assessed personal property taxes - what a joy - property tax on our home AND our vehicles. It was a pretty good chunk too - about $6-700 a year (based on value of vehicle). Anyway, in Virginia, the auto dealer was not involved in property tax collection. The county got your vehicle info from the state DMV folks.

Bill G
  • Dealer told me that Property tax will be on them.
    What? That's a new one on me - I have no clue what you are talking about. Where do you reside? What kind of property tax, specifically, are you referring to?

Bill
    I talked to Honda Financial a few days ago. They said they pay the property fax on the vehicle, since they own it, then I reimburse Honda. So, I think I owe a couple hundred to Honda.

This slipped my mind when I leased vehicle. Didn't know if this is usually lumped in with the monthly payment, or is not considered in payment.
    In doing a little research, this property tax question on leased vehicles comes up a lot. Seems to vary by state. Apparently the properly tax is passed on to the leasee, because even though they don't own the car, they are the beneficiary of its use. I'll have to look at my lease, but apparently this was slipped by me by the dealership. Yeah, I know... read the entire lease.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,661
    Here in CT we have to pay a personal property tax on our cars whether they are owned or leased. On the 2 cars I own (Pilot & Prelude), I get a bill in the mail from The City of Stamford once a year. My BMW is leased & I get a bill from BMW that I pay directly to BMW, who pays The City of Stamford.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH, 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD

In KY, some lessors pay the tax, and you reimburse them on your next bill, and some have you pay the bill yourself, when you go in to register for that year. I'm not aware of any banks that roll it into the monthly payments.

Yeah, Honda pays the properly tax and I reimburse
    Honda. Under estimated fees and taxes during lease term, it list $1,300 for title, registration, fees and taxes over the course of my lease. But does not specify property tax.

My total amount paid during lease, not counting above noted taxes , is $6,411. Which works out to $178 a month. Factoring the property tax, it works out to $214 a month for 36 months.

But, seems like property tax is treated like a seperate cost of leasing... as if you had bought the car outright. So I guess I did as well as I thought.
This discussion has been closed.