Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi vlilich. The money factor that you were quoted looks good. It's right in line with Honda Finance's current buy rate for this model.

The $480 dealer discount that you were quoted isn't very large, but given the recent inventory issues that Honda has been experiencing and the high gas prices that are out there I can't say that I'm surprised. This car has a spread of over $1,600 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price, so it might not be a bad idea to shop around a little to see if you can beat the price that you were quoted. Again though I can see dealers wanting to hang onto as much gross as possible on Civics right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • vlilichvlilich Posts: 15
    Thanks Car Man,

A bit of a correction... residual quoted was actually for 2011 model and 2012 is at 62%.

monthly price went down to 314 (all other components remained same). I am going to take delivery this week.
  • etm001etm001 Posts: 1
    Hi,

I recently leased a 2012 Honda Civic EX, and wanted to know if I got a good deal. Here are the details:

MSRP: $21,255
    Negotiated Price: $19,900
    Residual: 67% ($14,240.85)
    Factor: .00185
    Term: 36 months
    Acquisition Fee: $595
    Document Fee $295 (I couldn't get the dealer to waive this)
    DMV Fee: $123
    Cap Reduction: $1,289 ($2,000 down)

Acquisition fee was rolled into the lease. Base monthly price is $199, with tax it's $212.29. This deal was negotiated on July 3rd.

Thanks!
  • zoranzoran Posts: 68
    I am in CA, and am in for civic hybrid base 2012, dealer quoting 64% residual? car man or any one? it is for 12K miles lease though? bank fee is around $595 ?

money factor is same like urs 0.00185, MSRP is $24800. I was wondering why hybrid has worse residual? please advise asap, as I have not signed paper work and picked up the car!

Much appreciated.

Ofcourse discount is chicken feed $350, sales tax 8.25, fat payment of $351, zero down and 36 mo lease, $705 drive off.

A prompt response from any of u would be hugely appreciated.
  • gholden71gholden71 Posts: 2
    edited August 2011
    Car Man,
    Good morning! I am looking to lease a 2012 Civic EX w/Navi in Raleigh, NC. I have requested quotes from three dealerships in the area. I received a internet quote from one of the dealers offering an internet price of $22,275 which does not include 3% tax, $74 tags and $398 document/admin fee (MSRP listed as $22,775). So, the out-the-door price would be $23,415.25.

I plan to use Honda Finance for the lease and would like to know the August residual value and money factor for a 36-month/12K mile lease on this vehicle.

Also, I currently lease a 2009 Honda Accord and have had numerous problems linking my cell phone to the Hands Free Link. The only reason I'm getting the EX w/Navi is so I can have Bluetooth and XM Radio. Any opinions on this?

Thank you in advance for any assistance that you can provide! :)
  • kreenutskreenuts Posts: 2
    edited August 2011
    I just got a 2012 Civic EX w/ Navi on 7/30 and here's the deal for my lease:
    MSRP: 22,930 (included some options)
    Sale Price: 21,945
    Residual: 14,675 (64%)
    Money Factor: .0024
    Term: 36
    Mileage: 15K/year

Upfront Fees:
    Tire: 7.50
    Doc Fee: 299
    DMV: 227
    Tax: 728
    Acquisition: 595

Monthly payment: $289
  • Thanks for the info! :)

Unfortunately, there weren't any Civics in stock and I'm looking to purchase before the week is out. Civics are in short supply in this area.
    Hi gholden71. Honda finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Civic Sedan EX with Navigation and 12,000 miles per year are .00185 and 64%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car Man,

Do you know what the August 2012 Civic EX-L money factor and residual numbers are? Preferably with 15k miles if available. Thanks!
    Hello jivephish. Honda Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Civic EX-L with 15,000 miles per year are .00185 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello. Could you please tell me what the money factor and residual value is for a 2011 civic ex sedan lease for 36month /36k? I was just quoted $279/mo. w/ $0down, 1st months, NYS taxes,DMV,bank fee due at signing. I know inventories are real low for 2011 models and there are better deals on 2012 (which I won't consider). I am shooting for a $279/month "sign and drive" on the 2011. What sale price would I have to negotiate in order for me to get that monthly payment? Is my offer reasonable or too aggressive?
  • I'd be happy to help you out, tcurtin. Honda Finance's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Civic Sedan EX with 12,000 miles per year are .00185 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

I just played around with some payments on this car and if you were able to get it at dealer invoice, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $268. $400 over invoice would yield a payment of $279.68, right around what you are shooting for.

If you're in an area that has a decent level of competition that might be doable.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car Man,

I'm trying to get an idea of what a good lease payment would be on a Civic EX-L w/NAV - quotes from dealers have been all over the map. I would be putting $2k down (includes first payment, taxes, fees etc.) and would like a 12k mile per year, 3 year lease. This is my third Honda from this particular dealer and I'm hoping they will offer some type of loyalty incentive. Is it possible to get this lease payment under $300/month?
  • Hi justjenn722. Let's work up a sample payment on this car and see what we come up with. Unfortunately, Honda is not currently offering any loyalty incentives on the Civic.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L with navigation that has an MSRP of $24,225 and a selling price of $22,858 ($500 over invoice) through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $295.

Car_man
    Host
  • i just leased a civic 2012 lx today at 229 a month tax included (210 without) and 540 drive off 12k/year 36 month lease without honda loyalty does this sound like a good deal?
  • I just leased a 2012 Civic EX w/ nav this weekend for $290/mo with tax included, $0 drive-off. I could not have been happier with my experience at the dealership. I went in looking for the LX lease speacial at $240 but they were of course sold out. I took the EX for a test drive and was immediately impressed. After talking the dealer down from $350/mo I decided that the navigation, moon-roof, bluetooth, and rear disc brakes alone were with an additional ~$50/mo for me. After 48 hours I still could not be happier (although we will see what I say once I call my insurance)!

Thanks helpful Honda guys!
  • I negotiated an offer tonight for a 2012 Civic LX, MSRP 19,425, for $600 at signing and 233/month for 36 months (12k/yr). Quote includes all tax and fees. How good of a deal is this? Should I try to do better?
  • I am looking to trade in my leased 2008 Civic EXL. I am 12k miles over on my lease. I negotiated an offer for a 2012 CIVIC EXL 36 months/15k for 299/month with first payment of $299. Is this a good offer? Would purchasing my current 2008 CIVIC be a better deal?

I have until Dec 1 to decide.

Thanks
  • I just leased a 2012 Civic LX 5 speed manual sedan for $205/month sign and drive. 36 months 12K/year in NC
  • Hi Car Man,

Can you please provide the current lease factor and residual for lease of a 2012 Civic EX-L Sedan for 36 months and 12,000 miles per year? Also, when determining the lease payment, is the residual applied to the MSRP or the sales price?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.