Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Lease Questions

Comments

• skiski0702skiski0702 Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    Here's the deal I got for my 2012 Honda Civic LX (no options added)
    $220/month (tax&fee included)
    $0 down
    first month free except dmv & state tax (that adds up to $230 approx)
    Free Gap In
    $1500 damage waiver by the time I return my car
    No turn in fee
    Free NYS Inspection

seems like 2013 civic will be released anytime soon in the next few weeks but I did not want to risk my chances even if they offer better or worse deal.

$220 is a fixed cost from Honda not the dealership.

Hope I had a good deal ;]
  • hi car_man!

can you give me lease residuals and MF for a LX sedan (auto) 15k/36months? thanks!
  • You're in luck, jonathannyc, Honda just made an unscheduled improvement to its lease program for the Civic in October. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Civic Sedan LX with 15,000 miles per year are .00046 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jett456jett456 Posts: 33
    Hi,
    I got a quote on an EXL which I think might be an ok deal. Dealer 1 is $299.00, 0 out of pocket except for first month and they will absorb my final 3 lease payments. Price of car is 21500.
    Dealer 2 - $278 payment, price of car is 20,579 and zero at signing. But this does not include my current car lease. I am waiting on an email. What do you think? What is the current money factor for this car. Is it the same as the EXL Nav? Thank you.
  • marpermarper Posts: 1
    They are both really close. The final 3 lease payments are around $1000 probably which represents around $30 a month in payments.

On a side note everyone cracks me up wondering if there getting a good deal seeing as you can look the invoice up on edmunds you can see that there is about $200 of mark up in a base model civic and about $1000 in mark up on a loaded up one. Of course the dealer gets hold back which is around %1.5 of MSRP. There is not much markup in new cars if the dealer gives any discount you got a pretty good deal.
  • jett456jett456 Posts: 33
    Thanks for your help. I am going to wait until my lease is up.
  • Car man,
    Thanks for posting the October numbers: 36-month lease of a 2012 Civic Sedan LX with 15,000 miles per year are .00046 and 58%

I'm not sure how this translates to a monthly payment, preferably with zero down? Top credit tier. Thank you for your help!
  • I'm looking for what I should pay monthly for a lease for the car listed below before I go to the dealers. I'd prefer to put zero down, have top tier credit. Thank you to Car man for listing the October numbers: 36-month lease of a 2012 Civic Sedan LX with 15,000 miles per year are .00046 and 58%

Thank you for your help!
  • You're welcome mackenzie3. I'd be happy to work up a payment on this car for you.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 Civic Sedan LX that has an MSRP of $19,595 and a selling price of $18,275 ($500 over invoice after deducting the $500 dealer cash) through Honda Finance right now for 36-months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $206.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi marbetd77. Please see my previous post for a sample lease payment on this car. Thanks and good luck in your negotiations. Make sure to stop back and let us all know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • couple of questions:

1. salesman wanted to add on window tint ($295) pin striping ($195) trunk tray ($295) and protection package ($395)....said it was standard on this model...is this true?

2. came back with $1499 down $199 per month and $199 due 1st month upfront...said couldn't budge on $1499 due to TT&L...is this true or can you really get zero down...actually would be wiling to go up to $220 per month w/ zero down...
  • zaxxon25zaxxon25 Posts: 3
    edited October 2012
    Helped a friend here in MA lease a '12 LX 4 door yesterday. 3 yr/36K at $199/mo ... no acquisition fee, no dealer doc fee, they even absorbed sales tax/title and waived security deposit. No back end recovery fee either ... tried to find the holes but couldn't. She was top tier credit so that factored in as well. I perused their website beforehand and they had a massive inventory of '12s they need to clear ... add that to a slow Sunday at the dealer and I think we hit the perfect storm.
  • I was curious to what the cash price for a Honda Civic Sedan LX 2012 would be. I was quoted $19800 taxes and freight all in. Thanks for your help.
  • dylrexdylrex Posts: 57
    edited October 2012
    Are you sure all of that wasn't rolled into the cap cost???
  • Hi hondaallen. These items are only "standard" at this dealership...if at all. Honda does not deliver the Civic to dealers with these options already on it.

What is the breakdown of the $1,499 that's due at lease signing. Most items that need to be paid at signing can usually be rolled into vehicles' capitalized costs to make them part of the monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi rocsteve. If I was in the market for a 2012 Civic right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over the dealer invoice price that is listed in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com minus the $1,000 dealer cash that Honda is currently providing on this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • mike_s5mike_s5 Posts: 8
    edited November 2012
    Hi all...

I am looking to lease a '12 Civic EX or EX-L in Chicago. I noticed on the Honda website they are offering 0.9% on a 36 mo. lease. What should my monthly payment be with no money down on a good deal? What is the money factor, etc? Is it better to call a bunch of dealerships or use the Honda website for a quote, and what questions/info do I need so I don't get ripped off?

Thanks!
  • Got the following deal

- No money out of pocket at signing
    - First month paid by Honda Financing
    - 36 month lease 12K/year

Price - 219.24/month including tax.
    Price Pre Tax - 199.62
  • Got the following

199.62 before tax including title, license, acquisition fee on 12 Civic EX with 12K miles and 60% residual

And a $50 cash back certificate from Edmunds just for doing research on the site.

Use USAA buying service to start if you can, or Truecar if no USAA. The dealers call you and you just need to negotiate down on the car price from the price they quote.

And don't let the dealers screw with the other variables.. (money factor, residual, etc...)

Best advice, model what you think is a fair monthly rate after tax in Excel and just be prepared to call BS on the lease rate even though all dealers will say it is not up to them to change the money factor or residual..
    Because , as I found out, even with a set price from USAA or Truecar, they still want to deal.
This discussion has been closed.