Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Lease Questions

Comments

• This is my first lease and was told Honda Civic would be an ideal model aswell as economical. I have no certain preference on the specific model of the lease.

I will be leasing in South Florida and aiming for a 36 month lease with optimally near zero down.

Where should I begin? Or what are ideal prices for this month, preferably in South Florida.
  • Hello,

I am also trying to lease a civic and have a couple of questions. I hope someone can help.

when speaking to dealer today, in ref to 2013 lx sedan base model, i was quoted a MF of 0.001450 & 63% residual. (This was for Jan - apparently it will change over next couple of days for Feb.) I notice this is marginally better than what was listed here. Given that this is suppose to be std across the country - any idea why it was better. Do dealers actually have leverage on this?

How do you calculate the difference from 12000 Vs 15000 miles. All I can get from any dealer ( no matter whether its toyota, honda, etc) is just add another $20-30. What is the formula to calculate this. The basic formula I use to calculate a lease is from this page http://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/calculate-your-own-lease-payment.html. I cannot from the life of me find out what variable to change for when its a 15000 Mile lease.

Appreciate the help. good luck to all in their quest for a deal!
  • You're very welcome dholly.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Greetings fdg2390. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Someone definitely steered you in the right direction, the Civic is traditionally a solid, affordable vehicle. While the 2013 Civic is better than the less than well received 2012 model was, it is more expensive to lease right now as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi doogan3. Honda carried its January lease program over through the end of February, so unless it makes an unscheduled change the numbers should be the same. The money factor that you were quoted is likely for a zero due at lease signing deal. The factors for that sort of lease through Honda are typically .00010 lower than they are for a normal lease.

The residual value percentage for a lease with 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher than the residual value for a lease with 15,000 miles per year.

Car_man
    Host
  • roadcrazyroadcrazy Posts: 19
    edited February 2013
    Car_man, can you please provide me with information on a 12,000 mile/year 36 month lease on a 2013 Civic Si Sedan? If it makes a difference Detroit, MI area. Thanks.
  • I figured I should post the deal i got today @ Brewster Honda, in NY. I found them straight to the point, realistic and willing to negotiate & get my business. Thanks to Car Man who answered questions here and on other model forums while i decided what to do. I left the specifics in the office but in a nutshell this is what I recall:

15K miles
    36 Months
    MF was ~ around .000137 (Approx .33%)
    County Tax 7.375
    Put down First Month and DMV + $200

The rest if the # are in my office and I can post tomorrow if any one is interested. Started at $219 with just First Month & DMV. Ended up paying $200/month on the nose with an addl $200 down

Hope this helps others out there in NY. I went to 5 other Honda dealers in the area and none of them were even close to meeting the starting numbers @ Brewster Honda. I think the closest one was $239 with taxes/title/bank (~$1600) down. As I said - the starting Numbers from these guys told me they wanted to do business.

Thanks
  • Thanks for the information, what trim level is that for? Do you have the MSRP?
  • Wow either Florida is really different or I am getting the biggest run around ever. I have been getting lease rates in the $279 area for 36 months/12,000 with zero at signing. I have top tier credit and have been leasing 2 cars every 3 years thru honda financial for over 10years in PA. I just moved to FL with my PA lease ending in a month. Lowest price I got was 18,423. Has anyone gotten a Honda Civic LX in southwest FL recently?

Also as this is the last week for the current deals, CarMan do you think it is better to wait for the March deals?
  • I will get all the details today - I left them in my office last night.

Honestly, I spent the last 3 days going from dealer to dealer, between hyundai , Toyota & Honda. In the end, I knew that @ $200 / month with with little to nothing down was where i needed to be. So Once They were willing to meet my numbers, I did not really focus on the specifics.
  • dylrexdylrex Posts: 57
    I received a quote yesterday of $17,150 for an LX. They also sent me an email for an additional $250 off. I'm still very undecided as I have been comparing the Civic with the Elantra.
    I know this is a great price for the Civic but it's looking like the Elantra is going to lease cheaper.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi roadcrazy. Honda is scheduled to introduce a new lease program next week, in the meantime its current buy rate lease money factor for a36-month lease of a 2013 Civic Si Sedan is .00115.

Car_man
    Host
  • shahsmerdisshahsmerdis Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    Hi everyone,

I was quoted for a honda civic LX for 36 month 12k/yr lease

170 a month, with ~1800 down which was just for tax up front,dealer/doc fees and first months payment.

How does this sound?

Thanks!!

edit 1: this was for NYC area
  • mike_s5mike_s5 Posts: 8
    Honda has a $240 monthly lease deal on their website with no money down on Civic LX. Is this a good deal or can I negotiate a better deal?

http://automobiles.honda.com/current-offers-detail.aspx?ModelName=Civic%20Sedan&- offerid=68636&modelid=FB2F5DEW
  • redbull319redbull319 Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    I just signed on a 2013 LX Sedan. 0 down and 36 months at 169.60. I was debating the Si Sedan at around 254 with no down. Hopefully that helps new buyers/leasors. I found this site to be very helpful.

Well i should say 512.86 was my out of pocket (fees, 1st month)
  • jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    How many miles?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi mike_s5. Most manufacturers' officially advertised lease payments usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. If I was interested in leasing a 2013 Civic right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice and have the dealer calculate my payment based on that.

Car_man
    Host
  • mike_s5mike_s5 Posts: 8
    Thanks Car_man.
  • redbull319redbull319 Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    money rate 0.000111 (i think)
    residual $11,940.00
    Net Cap Cost $16,930.17

36 mo at 170.62 + tax 9.38 = $180
    12000 miles