Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Lease Questions

Comments

• xbeatzxxbeatzx Posts: 2
    So after spending the better part of the day working with a local Honda Dealer, I think we got a deal. We initially wanted a White EX with Beige, Thought we had a deal worked out at a couple of hundred over Invoice at $236.00 a month after MN 6.5% Tax. They didn't have any in stock but had a White EX-L with black interior. Deal we got is $21.200 purchase price ($400 below Invoice and retail of $23,055.00, 36 Month/12k lease, .0011 Money Factor (2.66%) and 63% Residual. Total payment including tax per month of $249.50. $1000 total down which includes Fee's and first month. $14,063 buy out at the end. So Basically we got the leather package for an extra $14 a month or the upgrade in model for $800 since we had worked out $20,400 on just the EX. The heated seats and mirrors should actually be a nice bonus with our weather.

Anyone comment if this is a deal or not? Really is appreciated.
  • jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    edited March 2013
    Got a shallow dent and a few deep scratches in my 2012 Civic from someone clipping my car in parking lot. 2 estimates were both $1,150. What would you do? Repair the right way. Do it cheap for $400, sit on it and hope Honda doesn't notice it if I turn it in, or do nothing and buy at end of lease. :cry:

Don't think I want to turn in to insurance.
  • iwannagr8leaseiwannagr8lease Posts: 42
    edited April 2013
    If your vehicle is leased through Honda Finance, you've got 1500 damage allowance (check your paperwork)

Considering the identical 1150 estimates, looks like you're in the clear regarding just these.
  • lakerskobelakerskobe Posts: 31
    edited April 2013
    My advice for leasing:

1. Only deal with manufacturer subsidized leases. Negotiating a lease on your own will often end up being very expensive.

Current Honda leases specials.... http://automobiles.honda.com/current-offers.aspx

2. Ask if Gap Insurance is included in the payments... if not, ask it be included.

3. You can transfer lease contracts, very useful if you encounter financial hardship during your lease. Some services that help you with this http://www.leasetrader.com and http://www.swapalease.com

4. You can also trade-in or sell leased cars. But you'll be responsible for the full price of the car. So if there are any negative equity, you will be responsible.

5. If you foresee going over 12,000 mile/year limit, then you can purchase miles beforehand at a discount.
  • ridge3ridge3 Posts: 4
    Hello xbeatz. Im am located in mpls and in the market for civic ex. Could you let me know dealer and or contact you worked with?
  • ridge3ridge3 Posts: 4
    Hello xbeatz. Im am located in mpls and in the market for civic ex. Could you let me know dealer and or contact you worked with?
  • You might want to read your paperwork also... my understanding is the $1500 is broken up into 3 incidents x $500. So if the poster had $1100 from one "incident" they would still be liable for $600 ($1100-500 allowance) with another 2 x $500 available.

Don't have direct experience with this amount of lease "wear", just what I understand after reading the back of my contract so if someone does a correction is requested.
    edited April 2013
    Unless I see something supporting this low figure more than just words don't waste your time chasing it. Also the poster never even got back to you with dealer's name and what kind of poster would deny such request from "jersey girls"? :)

Same poster failed to provide such information in a 2008 post and wanted to be emailed..........check their posting history.
    The way I read it, anything over $500 I have to eat. 3 separate incidents each not over 500 bucks, honda eats. Still not sure what I want to do. I'm suppose to call Honda and report incident.
  • Yeah, you and I are reading it the same way (I always thought it was $1500 absolute but learned something now because your post got me to read the fine print).

It's bad luck but if theres a plus it's that they do give something towards this (not aware of others that do) and at the end of the lease theres no disposition fee.
    edited April 2013
    Greetings kyfdx and car_man and thanks in advance: I read about cash for the accord and crv.

Is there any flexcash for the civic?

Looking for an lx or if I can swing it an ex. Is there a difference for buying or leasing if there is any flexmoney for either the lx or the ex?

Your information will be very appreciated!
    edited April 2013
    Confirming Honda's lease damage waiver is $1500 = 3 incidents x $500.

Examples:
    - $1500 damage x 1 = leasee owes $1000
    - $1000 damage x 1 = leasee owes $500
    - $500 damage x 3 = leasee owes $0
    - $1500 damage x 5 = someone else should drive.

So one bigger collision and you'll owe the amount greater than 500. Three separate small ones of less than 500 and you're ok.

With 1100, owing 600, you might want to let it ride unless your insurance won't take a hit with declaration. A lot of other companies have a 400 or so fee at leases's end anyway at termination. Regardless, you still have 2 x 500 more............
  • car_bhuncar_bhun Posts: 1
    Saw this on legend leasing

http://www.legendleasing.com/Civic_LX

Is it a good deal compared to dealers or can I get dealer to give me better.
    edited April 2013
    I believe it's .01- $499.99 and Honda pays for the whole repair. If repair is $500.01 and up then I pay for all of it.
    edited April 2013
    I believe it's .01- $499.99 and Honda pays for the whole repair. If repair is $500.01 and up then I pay for all of it.

Sorry, meant to write that the owner absorbs the excess beyond $500... in the above example, we'd pay the amount beyond and including 500.01.........
    $500 really doesn't fix much, a. Couple deep scratches maybe.

Don't know if it would be better to repair now, or wait till end of lease to see if anything else happens.
    Got rear ended at stop sign today. No joke. Unbelievable.

They thought I was going, nice jolt and crunch. Thought no damage initially when looking at rear bumper. Took to body shop, does have a small crease/dent. NOTICEABLE.But, not bad. Thought $200-$300. It's $599! Have to remove rear bumper and repaint. Other driver gave me Insurance info, Safe Auto. I called, it's lapsed. :sick:

So, if repair was $100 less Honda would pay for. Don't know if they would require I fix as hardly NOTICEABLE.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,950
    Safe Auto.... :surprise: Should have called the cops right there...

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi iwannagr8lease. Yes, the $500 FlexCash certificates can be used on leases of the Civic. The trick is finding a dealer that will use one on your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • nrborodnrborod Posts: 79
    Do I understand correctly that you got an EX-L Civic for 249.00 per month--or is it more--like $13 more per month.
This discussion has been closed.