Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Odyssey Lease Questions

Comments

• First you say no money out of pocket and then you say $800. Which is it? Still a great deal but are all the facts you state true? Also, could get s similar deal in Ft. Lauderdale but passed because I am hoping the money factor will get better in March.
  • I was wondering what the ideal monthly payment is that I should aim to get on a 12k/36month lease in NJ. I would like to pay $0 upfront besides the fees. The tax rate is 7% but I would like to include that in the monthly payments. I tried a couple of online calculators but they come up with different numbers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • I am currently trying to lease a EX-L with RES. The best offer I have received is $1000 total out of pocket which covers first payment, tax, tag and title etc. $467 a month which includes tax for 12k 36 month. Is this a good deal.
  • kyfdx, why can't the dealer's contact info be posted?
  • Two dealers in different states (FL and VA) have confirmed to me that the RES option is about $35/month. Going by what most people are getting just for an EX-L ($458 including 7% tax, 36 month, 12k, $800 out-of-pocket expenses), I'd say you got a very good deal for today's programs.

Of course I still don't know how ristaze got an EX-L RES for $458/month with NO money down!
  • kyfdx, why can't the dealer's contact info be posted?

Because, this is a consumer-oriented website.. We try to keep it free from a mass solicitation frenzy...

You'd be surprised at the difference, if we just let it go....

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• What is the residual on the 2011 Touring Elite?

The Sticker is $44,500. Do you think dealers will come down on price based on low inventory levels?

Is Super Preferred still .002?

Is this calculation correct:

$44000 Cap Cost (assumption)
    61% Residual (12K Miles)
    .002 Money Factor
    36 Month Lease
    6% FL Sales Tax

Monthly Price of $553?

Thanks for the help.
  • NO MONEY OUT OF POCKET. 458 a month EX-L RES.

I have no reason to lie. Just trying to help out. I come to this site alot when I want to figure out how to get the best deal.
  • No Not a good deal. I live in new jersey and I called about 5 different dealers. at one point I was ready to go with $465 per month NO MONEY OUT OF POCKET. Then the last dealer I contacted quoted $458. I think he just figured I was in Jersey, he was in PA. I went in about 2 hours later(about 45 minute drive). He brought out the paperworke and It had $458 per month $750 down for tags and first month. I said no. If he wanted me to sign the papers it was no money down. I walked out to take another look at the car, He came out 5 minutes later and shook my hand. $458, 36 month 12,000. He paid the firsts month so really on 35 months.

Good luck
  • joeygjoeyg Posts: 9
    Carman

Has Honda released its February lease numbers? I'm interested in residual and MF for a EXL RES 12k miles per year. Thanks for all of your great work.
  • Yes Honda has, joeyg. Honda Finance's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Odyssey EX-L RES with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi,

I was just quoted $408/month for 36months on a 2011 EX-L. That includes NJ taxes only. The upfront costs are as follows:
    $595.00 Bank Fee.
    249.00 Documention Fee
    408.00 1st Months Payment
    302.50 Motor Vehicle Fees
    7.50 Tire Tax.

Is that a good deal or is there room for further negotiation?
    Thanks!
  • Anyone have advice regarding this?
  • jacknibbs,

if you add up all of your out-of-pocket costs listed above it comes out to $1565. Add that to your remaining 35 payments of $408 each and divide the new total by 36 to get your real monthly cost = $440.14.

I'd say that you did better than riztake who took a 2011 EX-L for $458/month with no money out of pocket from the PA dealer!

I don't know if there's room for negotiation since lease programs differ by country regions. I live in FL and I haven't been quoted anything better than either one of you folks.
  • Riztaze's deal was for an EX-L with RES for 458/month. According to couple people, RES option is about $30-35 per month. So ideally I guess I should be looking at $420-425/month for an EX-L with no money up front. Will work on it and see if I can get any dealers to come that low.
  • Just signed my deal Saturday for a 2011 EX-L $0 Sign and Drive for $410 a month. The reason being is that I have a 2008 EX-L due off lease March 1st. The payoff combined with the low mileage enticed the dealer to purchaase the vehicle with two week left. Some of the equity built up in the van so he will see additional profit when he sells the used 2008 EX-L which they gave me some of the benefit on my new lease. The lowest price before this option I had received was $439 a month.
  • Jacknibbs,

Who was the dealer that gave you that lease deal?
  • Was originally offered that from DCH Paramus Honda but almost every dealer in the area is willing to match that deal.
  • gene00gene00 Posts: 113
    The $249 documentation fee is saying "give me 249 dollars to print out the contract". It should always be negotiated away in a car deal. Same for getting a mortgage. You could offer up $1 for their ink costs if you're feeling generous.
  • Car_man,

Can you please post buy rate and residual for a 36mos lease, 12k miles per year lease on a 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring? Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.