Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Odyssey Lease Questions

Comments

• Thank you very much. I need some advice on final lease figures.

$498/Mo EX-L w/Res 0/0/0 15K/36Mo or
    $549/Mo Touring 0/0/0 15K/36Mo

Is the Touring worth $51 more per month?
  • mrthnmanmrthnman Posts: 20
    I'm in the market too ...what does 0/0/0 mean , no first month payment ? sales tax included ? which dealer gave you this quote ?
  • robrothrobroth Posts: 26
    is it worth $51 more a month? $1800 over the lease lifetime? Only you know if it's worth it to you. Look at the extras you get with the Touring and decide if they are worth $1800 out of your pocket. I got the touring for my wife as I felt the extra options were something that would make her life easier with the kids and for long family trips. I thought the Elite was overkill, split screen TV with one DVD for each kid is kind of ridiculous, but having the "rear entertainment system" has been a life saver on more than one occasion.
  • Hi hoping someone can help. EX-L no nav, no res. MSRP is 35.8k.

I'm pretty close to buying.

The deal is 32,700 (w/Destination) then subtract the $1,250 cash.

That feels like a decent deal to me - below invoice before incentives.

But what I can't figure out, is that people are getting pricing much lower - like 31,500 before incentive.

I think there is only 700 in holdback on the van + 350 in HDAG. I think I'm giving them a profit of about 600 bucks - that is fair.

Most of the really low prices that I have seen are in states with sales tax (oregon is not).

Does anyone know if dealerships go lower in states with sales tax?

Any other advice - if I'm within $200 bucks of a great deal, that is fine.

But I don't want to be $1,000 off.

Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Greetings Brad. Honda Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Odyssey EX-L with RES and 12,000 miles per year are .00063 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The buy rate is the lowest possible money factor that the dealer can use to calculate your lease payment, but dealers are sometimes allowed to mark vehicle's money factors up to add additional back-end profit to deals. Honda dealers aren't notorious for doing this like say BMW dealers are, but it's still something to keep an eye on.

Yes, Honda is currently providing $1,250 dealer cash on this van that you should take into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're very welcome, Tom. Thanks for the recognition. Honda Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Odyssey Touring Elite with 15,000 miles per year are .00063 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 dealer cash that is currently available on this van.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jacobbbeam. A selling price of under dealer invoice minus the available dealer cash is a very good deal on a leased Odyssey. Just make sure that the dealer is using Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor of .00063 (top credit tier) to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • klockboyklockboy Posts: 26
    Thanks Car_Man.

Truly the best place on the internet to get relevant information regarding the purchase of a car. An invaluable resource.

Tom
  • brycalbrycal Posts: 3
    I am looking to lease an Odyssey EX in Main Line/Chester Couty Philadelphia area. Has anyone recently purchased/leased in this area and can you recommend a dealer?

Bryan
  • eraweraw Posts: 1
    Looking to lease EXL in the RI area (but willing to travel to nearby CT, MA or lower NH). Looking for any recent lease deals in this area.
    This will be our first lease and have found this forum to be invaluable in helping to understand negotiating a lease. A few questions: 1. For those who have recently negotiated, how did you use the 1250 dealer cash incentive in your negotiations? Did you bring up the dealer incentive once you almost agreed on a final price? 2. We are seriously considering carwoo to use for the negotiations. For those who have used carwoo (or any type of internet sales), is it advantageous to mention you are looking at a lease before or after you negotiate price?
  • kriptonkripton Posts: 2
    Hi Carman

Can you please update money factor and residuals for EX-L with Navi
  • kriptonkripton Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    May not be good deal, but badly need it by this weekend and this the best I can get.

Last night signed up the deal and will be picking up the vehicle today.
    36 Months/12k per yr
    Including everything
    ( Tax + Title + Bank fee+ dealer fee+ Firstmonth Payment ) Monthly payment - $459

Out of pocket due at signing - dealer wash - 95 + window etch 199 = $294
  • wlovettwlovett Posts: 17
    I am considering leasing an EX-L w/ RES. I usually buy but in this case I will be leasing. Since its August 2012, can anyone tell me from a depreciation standpoint does it make sense to wait and lease a 2013 since the 2012 has depreciated almost a full year by now?
  • dylrexdylrex Posts: 57
    edited August 2012
    I thought I would share the deal I received yesterday.
    I have a friend that was contacted by the dealership that he had leased his 2010 EX-L RES from and they offered to take his current van and put him into a 2012 for the exact same payment and terms as his 2010. I was skeptical when I heard this but it was true. He picked it up last week.

Since I had a 2010 as well, I contacted his dealership and asked if they would do the same for me. Yesterday, I dropped off my 2010 with 8 months left on a 36 month lease and drove away with a new 2012 EX-L RES for the same payment ($399 tax included) I was paying on my 2010. We only paid our first months payment at delivery. This is a 36 month lease with 15k miles a year.
    We're very happy with this deal.
  • mrthnmanmrthnman Posts: 20
    which dealer did this ?
  • dylrexdylrex Posts: 57
    Performance Honda in Cincinnati.
    You're very welcome Tom. Thanks for the nice compliment!

Car_man
    Host
    Sure, kripton. Here you go. Honda Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Odyssey EX-L with Navigation and 15,000 miles per year are .00063 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this van, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi...I am also in Cinti and the dealer called me as well. However, on our current term we are paying 496 for a EX-L Res for 15k miles and it seems like you got a MUCH better deal. Can you tell me how you got 399.99?

Thanks
  • When we traded in our 07 EX-L RES for the 2010, I asked the dealership to give me $1k in equity which I used as a cap cost reduction on the 2010. If I remember right, we bought the van for invoice minus around $1250 dealer cash minus the $1k in equity. I knew the van was worth more than the buyout.
    I would have attempted to get some positive equity out of our 2010 van but we had a few cosmetic blemishes that I felt would work against us. What dealership contacted you? You should tell them if they can lower your payment, you'll make the trade.
    Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.