Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Odyssey Lease Questions

Comments

• I'm glad that you like it jeffna :shades: . With the lower money factor and $1,750 dealer cash is is much cheaper to lease a 2012 than a 2013 Odyssey EX-L right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Thanks for the additional information zhecks. Using the lease program information that I mentioned earlier and these prices, I come up a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $546.

Don't bother with a 48-month lease...it's much worse.

Car_man
    Host
  • Congratulations on the soon to arrive little ones, voodooist. You would be able to get a much better deal on a 2012 Odyssey than on 2013 Odyssey at this point. Focus on the leftover '12 models if you can find any out there.

Car_man
    Host
  • Certainly docmri. Honda Finance's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Odyssey EX-L with 12,000 miles per year are .00013 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 model are .00155 and 55%.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $1,750 dealer cash that is currently available on the 2012 model. There is no dealer cash on the 2013 model.

Car_man
    Host
  • I was looking for the residual and money factor for a 2013 Touring Model for 12K miles per year. Are the residuals the same for all the different trim levels or is it favorable to go for something like an EX or EX-L because of a favorable residual or money factor? I would really like a touring or touring elite, but if they give incentives to move an EX or EX-L I would be willing to move that way. Thanks in advance.
  • kssod1kssod1 Posts: 50
    15k per year, what are the residual and MF
  • dkotdkot Posts: 4
    I am looking to trade 2010 odyssey lease for a 2012. Have 4 payments left on 2010. Heard honda finance was giving some type of incentive for this. Any idea. Also curious on deals folks are getting on 2012, 15,000 miles, sign and drive or thereabout ex or ex-l. thanks.
  • Received a quote for a 2013 EX-L / RES for $32,063 plus TTL/Fees. Total OTD is $35,430. Is this a good deal? Looking to lease for 36mo/12k miles, can you provide a monthly payment before TTL/Fees and then one with them rolled in? Thanks so much!!!

Jake
    Maryland
  • Ok here what I received from open road honda. I leased 2012 Honda odyssey touring $480/month and $1000 down out the door and I returned my previous lease 2010 Honda odyssey leather,DVD and navigation and still had 3 payment left and dealer also paid my last 3 payment. Excellent sales people and ask Stanley or Jamal.
  • alukinalukin Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Hi - We are totally new to this leasing thing so I want to be sure I understand this...There doesn't appear to be many 2012 Elite's left that are desirable colors (like black) so we are kind of forced to look at a 2013, which offers no current incentive. That said, we don't want to put any money down (but can put down $1,000 if we need to) and would like to pay ~$400 per month (I know, maybe I'm asking for a lot but I figure I could negotiate down the purchase the price). Let's assume, I negotiate the sales price down to $31,000 (I believe the 2013 incentives will become available around the Auto show timeframe in Chicago - mid Feb). If I go with a 55% residual and .00155 money factor, 12,000 miles/yr - 36 months, plus title/registration ($643.00) and with a $2,328 trade in, the monthly payment comes to $453. Is this correct? And what about sales tax - we live in Chicago - does this also need to be figured in somewhere??

Would we be able to do 39 months?? Wonder if that helps?

We were just in a dealership the other day and if we took a 2012 brownish color floor model (out the door price at $38K with incentives and trade in) and put $9,000 down, the lease price would be $479 - doesn't appear to be a great deal considering how much we have to put down.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!
  • Hi d_nyholm. The money factors are usually the same model-wide (though there is occasionally an exception to this) and the residual values usually vary.

Honda Finance's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Odyssey Touring with 12,000 miles per year are .00155 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings kssod1. Happy New Year! Here's the information that you're looking for. Honda Finance's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Odyssey Touring Elite with 15,000 miles per year are .00155 and 50% for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Jake. The selling price that you were quoted appears to be below dealer invoice, which is an excellent deal.

Let's work up a payment on this van for you. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 Odyssey EX-L with RES that has an MSRP of $37,655 and a capitalized cost of $35,430 through Honda Finance right now for 36-months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $506.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_Man, Can you give me a reality check? I am looking at an Odyssey EX-L with Navigation in Southern California. The dealer quoted me an MSRP of $38650 and a sale price of $36995. He said the residual is $20,495, and with my lease trade in adding $65/month, and $2,000 down, he quoted me a monthly payment of $688/mo. I thought that was outlandish. How does your calculation compare? Thanks.
  • Just to share my deal. I leased a 2013 Odyssey EX-L with RES today. The selling price was 33,993 through Costco (including destination) and the lease worked out to $365.22 not including tax. I paid the taxes and standard fees up front but put nothing down to lower the cap cost. The lease was not through Honda as their residual was not competitive and made the payment almost into the $500's. I leased through Bethpage Federal Credit union and they were offering a 60% residual and .00127 money factor on a 39 month lease. I think that Honda's was 52% residual and .00125 money factor for a comparable lease. All in all I am very happy as we were planning on financing the car as leasing seemed unfavorable. Hope this can help someone get into a lease when they were in the same predicament as me.

Unfortunately, i do not know if anyone and everyone can lease through BFCU as they do require membership, but it may be something to look into.
  • adb280zadb280z Posts: 11
    Feel like a dummy, dealership near my (north NJ) had a 2012 Odyssey EX-L with Nav for $339 with $1200 due at signing and didn't jump on it because my wife didn't want white. Deal ended on the 2nd and they won't do the deal now, of course I had managed to talk my wife into the white one. I can't find a comparable deal now and I hate to pay more once I've seen a better deal.
  • daved5daved5 Posts: 3
    Have an offer for 2013 EX
    36 months @15k a year
    $50 down
    $435 a moth (tax included)
    Turning in end of lease 2010 EX
  • Never do a single pay lease when you are paying with cash. That defeats the entire process of leasing. With leasing you want to treat your car payment like a utility bill, pay it as you use it.

I can understand if you are going from owning your car and want to start leasing, I think their is a sales tax benefit in some states. I also believe with Honda single pay leases, you get a much reduced money factor.

Try to sell your current car yourself and you will be further ahead.

Good Luck
  • dylrexdylrex Posts: 57
    Sounds a little high. What is the cap cost? Are you trading in your current vehicle or has the lease ended and you're turning it in and getting into a new one?
    I was able to get some positive equity out of my Odyssey when I traded it in early. I used that equity to reduce the cap cost. I've got a '12 EX-L RES for $399 a month, including tax.
  • adb280zadb280z Posts: 11
    Any money out of pocket on that lease?
This discussion has been closed.