Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Odyssey Lease Questions

Comments

• mick0016mick0016 Posts: 6
    Yes, the $600 upfront out of pocket which included the first payment of $350 (includes taxes) plus the $250 for title and license fee - that's it. I picked mine up at Jeffrey Honda in Roseville, MI. I requested an online price from the and that was the monthly price quoted. No haggling over MSRP or any other BS. I was going to wait to see if the price was going to get any better, but I was concerned that residual values were going to drop in April with the new model 2011's right around the corner.
  • Residual Values & Money Factor are LOCKED IN, until 5/3/2010 (see Honda's website for lease details on the Odyssey......as well as all other lease specials currently offered thru 5/3/2010).........yes......they CAN CHANGE AFTER 5/3/2010.......but not before.

All deals being worked on right now.......and thru 5/3/2010 will use the current residuals & money factors.
  • What do you mean you paid the taxes up front? What did $2200 out of pocket include? Because 1st payment + taxes + $595 DOES NOT = $2200.

****Your post says $0 down and $355/mo (plus tax)............so, I am confused.

If you gave the dealer $2200 check, most likely it paid for = the 1st month of lease + taxes + DOC FEE + Bank AQ Fee + misc fees/etc + some Cap Reduction.

Now, if you said you did a "zero down/zero due at signing/sign&drive" lease and got the payment of $355/mo + taxes...........I would say that is the DEAL OF DEALS. But, you gave the dealer $2200.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Here you go, linhtwu. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of an Odyssey EX with RES and 15,000 miles per year are .00102 and 55%, respectively.

This vehicle's factor drops to .00092 for sign & drive leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    The $1,250 dealer cash definitely still exists.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Car man:
    Are the money factor's different for sign and drive?
    we qualify for "preferred" and were told the MF is .00167. we made it clear that we do not want to put any money down (cap cost reduction)
    I think if we dont pay the bank fee/docs/registration up front, we would be paying tax on that every month.
    we are shopping in NJ.
    does that MF sound right to you?
  • gt0279agt0279a Posts: 10
    Finally bought the car last night. Polished Metal / Grey int.
    Thanks for all the info here!

Details:
    36month/12k year lease
    $406.33 lease payment (plus 7% GA tax = $434.77/month)
    with $1486 down for all fees, 1st month, etc.

MSRP $37,915
    Invoice $34,404
    Selling Price $32,876
    Residual $20,095 (53%)
    MF 0.00092
  • ckalolackalola Posts: 6
    here are my numbers....

2010 EX with RES (bali blue)
    36 months, 12k/year
    Absolutely nothing at signing/delivery
    369/month (includes taxes...PA's 9% usage tax)
    0.00092 money factor
    57% residual

comments?
  • globalsaloonglobalsaloon Posts: 4
    edited March 2010
    do you have a contact over there? im close to Paramus and am looking for EX-L with RES to lease ASAP!
  • what dealership did you get this from?
  • adb280zadb280z Posts: 11
    Sure, send me a message at adb280z@comcast.net and I can give you his info.
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,677
    Recently lease a car? A reporter wants to hear about the deal you struck. Please email pr@edmunds.com by Wed, Mar 24, 2010 with a few words about your negotiation and/or incentive deal.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• I am on the other side of Atlanta and would LOVE to know who you worked with on this deal in Buford and more specifics. I would really like to lease an EX-L, no RES and no NAV also and have only gotten one quote so far that was $461/month with nothing down. I have no trade-in, but since you were upside down on yours, I figured I might be able to get as good of a deal as you did.
  • Does anyone know what the MF is for the "preferred" tier for sign and drive?

I asked the question in an earlier post, but it was not answered.
    maybe I did not post correctly....

Also for people who had previous Honda leases, does honda sometimes give you a lower buy out price at the end of the lease (lower than the stated residual)?
  • brian110brian110 Posts: 2
    Thoughts from anyone on this deal. I live in the Boston area and got quoted this for an EX.

MSRP:30, 615
    Negotiated Price: 25,348
    Residual:58%
    MF: .000920

Payments are 318/mo for 36months (not including tax and fees)
  • sosososososo Posts: 4
    Pls excuse noob questions, never leased before, gosh never even bought a new car before.... didn't even think of checking here, until tonight and car I agreed to (but didn't yet sign for) is going to get to the lot tomorrow. So, how did I do?

EX-L no RES, no NAV, in NY.
    $385 a month + $17 extra for 15,000 miles per 12,000 Total $402 + TAX.

Ad says Due At Signing: 1st Mo, Tax, Bank Fee $595 & Reg.

Is that okay? Had one other offer for $369 but that was in NJ, had a $200 doc fee, and didn't have the color I wanted for now...
  • sosososososo Posts: 4
    Is this a good deal?

EX-L no extras.
    386, Bank Fee + Tax, Registration due at signing.

I'd love some response as soon as possible because I want to sign this evening.

TIA.
  • globalsaloonglobalsaloon Posts: 4
    edited March 2010
    looking at EX-L with RES Dark Cherry Pearl for $385/mo + $3000 down inclu taxes, bank fee etc. in NNJ. $3000 is based on trade in of 02 Hyundai Santa Fe LX w/ 81k Mil. LMK what you think
  • rezaulrezaul Posts: 1
    edited March 2010
    I just got a great deal from Criswell Honda in Germantown, MD on the 2010 Odyssey EX lease.

$500 down + 35 more payments of $310/month (this is out of the door price inlcuding all tax, tags, fees etc.) for 36month 12k/yr lease. I leased it in MD but I'll register the van in VA. Also, I traded my 2007 Odyssey EX which was on a lease and I got a positive equity of $1527 back because the trade-in value was 18,600 which was more than the pay-off amount.

Plus, the whole sales experience with them was very simple and easy without any pressure-tactics or tricks. See my review in google about them.
  • sam173sam173 Posts: 1
    Is this a good deal for EX-L with NAV & RES..

2000 down includes first month payment.

399 per month (includes tax,etc) for 36 month 12k/yr.

Should I go for it? Or wait and see if Honda comes up with any incentives in April?

My earlier lease for EX is ending Mid April so I still have couple of weeks to decide.

What do you guys suggest?
This discussion has been closed.