Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Odyssey Lease Questions

Comments

• tcurtintcurtin Posts: 5
    Hi Car man. Thanks for your response.
    One more for you:
    What would the target sale price of the vehicle be in order for resultant monthly payment be $400(all fees inclusive)?
    For example, you state that it would have to be sold below invoice.
    What would that invoice price be and /or what would the cost be with flex cash applied?
    My current lease expires at the end of June and I have already received two offers from dealers who claim to hit my number ($400,$0 down,taxes,TTL inclusive).
    I just want to make sure this is possible before I set aside a day to close this deal and get served a "bait and switch sandwich" at the dealership.
    Thank you sir for your help in this matter.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're welcome, ebd4662. the money factor and selling price look great to me. If you like the van, this is a good deal for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi tcurtin. The previous poster that I replied to got this van for right around invoice minus the $2,000 dealer cash and they were at $419, so you'd have to beat that price. You can look up the exact invoice price of the Odyssey that you want in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car Man!
    Can you please give me the money factor and residual value on a 2013 Odyssey EX with 12,000 miles a year for 36 months for June?
    Thanks so much!
  • lazy_melazy_me Posts: 4
    Just leased 2013 Odyssey LX for $1500 down, 230/month, 36 months, 15k/year. Wanted to go simple since my kids are old enough already to open those doors.
    Hi pinkandblue. Honda Finance's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Odyssey EX with 12,000 miles per year are .00048 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this van, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 csh incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • rjoh1969rjoh1969 Posts: 9
    I received this offer today on a 2013 Touring:

$485/month (7.75% tax included) for 36 months and 15K miles per year with a total of $1,375 out of pocked. This includes roof rails and body side molding added on. I think I can do a little better as I was looking to only put down first payment and fees for a total of about $800 out of pocket.

Thoughts?
  • What's a fair price (cap cost) for a 2013 Touring Elite?
  • blackexv6blackexv6 Posts: 490
    Hi Carman,

Whats the money factor and residual for Touring models? Can you give me both 12,000 and 15,000 miles?

I have an offer to buy a '13 Touring for $36,300 so I'm assuming the pricing will carry over to the lease.
  • bigroc34bigroc34 Posts: 6
    Hi Carman,

Can you give me the Lease Money Factor and Residual Rate on the TE Model for June. Both with 12,000 and 15,000 miles for 36 months.

I have also been quoted $37,500 on buying a 2013 Touring Model so want to weigh leasing and purchasing after the lease term or buying it outright.

Thanks!
  • donny93donny93 Posts: 2
    I just negotiated EX-L for $349 including taxes, 36 months, 12,000/year miles, $0 down. All i have to pay is first month $349 + $595 bank fee. I wonder if there is going to be a better deal for father's day?
  • sc_carfolks44sc_carfolks44 Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    I just negotiated EX-L (no res/no nav) lease for $295 not including taxes ($320 total), 36 months, 12,000/year miles, $0 down. All I have to pay is first month, Doc and DMV. Total out of pocket was $766. Tax rate here is 8.75
  • Hi Carman -

thanks for all the great info you post on the forum. Do you happen to have the money factor and residual for Touring and TE models, 12k miles, 36 months? Also - the Edmunds website is showing 2 incentives, one is a $1500 dealer cash incentive for financed deals and the other is $1000 "dealer bonus cash 1" which says it can be combined with other incentives and financing. Am I interpreting correctly that there is $2500 is total dealer incentives available for a Honda Lease deal?

Many thanks
  • donny93donny93 Posts: 2
    that's a great deal. What state?
  • nataliev4nataliev4 Posts: 3
    Hi can you please tell me where did you get this offe
    R
    I want to get this car too they gave me estimate 350 before tax monthly and 1000 down

Thanks !
  • ezbcpaezbcpa Posts: 5
    Here in North Miami Beach Florida the rate for my lease of 36M 12K miles TE is .00048 and RV 50%. $2,500 incentive. Cap cost $40,000 no money down.
  • Would you mind sharing which dealership you got this great deal from? Want to lease the same Odyssey. thank you!
    Dear sc_carfolks44
    Can you please tell help me with advise to get the same price, where should I go ?
    The best price I got is 335 before tax
    I will approtiate your kindly answer a lot!!!
    Thank you so much :)
    Natalie.
    Hello drivingmama. If I was in the market for a 2013 Odyssey Touring Elite right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 or so over invoice minus the available $2,000 dealer cash.

You can look up this van's invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi blackexv6 Honda Finance's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Odyssey Touring with 15,000 miles per year are .00048 and interestingly 48% for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

The cash incentives for a lease of a 2013 Odyssey are actually $500 higher than they are for a purchase, so you should be able to get a better selling price if you lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bigroc34. Honda Finance's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Odyssey Touring Elite with 15,000 miles per year are .00048 and 48% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome adrian1973. Honda Finance's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Odyssey Touring with 12,000 miles per year are .00048 and 50% for consumers who quality for its top credit tier.

The numbers for the 2013 Touring Elite model are exactly the same.

Your interpretation of the incentives is correct. I'm not sure why Honda does it that way, but the total of $2,500 is correct.

Car_man
    Host
  • d_man_600d_man_600 Posts: 4
    Trying to decide how much the dealers might come down in price this weekend for the end of the month. I live in Northern Virginia and below is the deal I'm evaluate now on an EX-L. Is it good or how much better can I do by waiting until the weekend?

$0 down, 36 months, 12,000 miles/yr.

1. Money Factor: 0.00048
    2. Residual Value:$19,109.15
    3. Cap cost: $31,305.60
    4. Fees: $200 Processing fee, 101.75 Tag and Title, $908.85 Taxes
    5. Monthly payment (inclusive of 5% VA tax): $362
    Hi can you tell me what dealership ?
  • cfc247cfc247 Posts: 2
    yes. please do share the dealer name if you can. I am also in CA.

Thanks!
  • Hello! I was in the dealership this weekend looking at the Odyssey EX-L's. The salesman gave me a quote of $359 a month if I put $650 down for a 36 month 12,000 miles a year lease. He then came back and told me the finance manager messed up on the numbers big time but he would still honor them. I am wondering if they are pulling my chain to get me to do this or is this really a good deal on a lease? I am in MI and sales tax is 6%. Any information/suggestions are appreciated. Did anyone else get a better deal that I can negotiate???
  • d_nyholmd_nyholm Posts: 73
    If that price includes tax, then it seems like a decent deal. Though I would try to negotiate that $650 cap cost reduction out to make it a sweeter deal. The dealership is not losing any money on this deal at all.
  • mikiegunsmikieguns Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Hi. After hours negotiating at a central Jersey dealership, here is where I landed. Is this good? I feel good about it but wanted to run it by this forum:

Odyssey EXL: $35,955 MSRP, Gross CAP cost: $32,705, minus $7,750 (trade in for 2009 Nissan Versa with 40K miles plus dealer credit) equals adjust CAP: $25,451. Residual: $19,056. Total fixed cost of lease: $14,914, total cost of lease with option to purchase: $33,970. Lease payments: $199 / month, 3 year lease, 12K miles per year. No money down, no fees. (Just the trade in).
  • tcurtintcurtin Posts: 5
    Just did a 2013 EX-L (no RES) 36mo/36k.
    $0 down, taxes (8.75%) included for 369/month.
    1st months ($369)and NYS DMV ($220) due at delivery.... thats it.
    The good deals are out there but you must be extremely aggressive. Don't believe anything the salesmen tell you and use the info from this forum's testimonials as gospel when negotiating.
This discussion has been closed.