Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Pilot Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,434
    Yes.... I've never bought a car at lease end...

Honda Finance is very upfront and very easy....

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• For those who have lease their vehicles have you also taken gap insurance on the vehicle? If so how much does it cost and how long do you keep it on the car?
  • delta737hdelta737h Posts: 603
    wallstreet1234,

GAP is included in all AHFC leases at no additioal charge. Never ever buy GAP from a dealer as it can usually be purchased from your insurance carrier for an annual premium of about 0.1% of the MSRP as a rule of thumb. Your insurance carrier simply adds a GAP rider to your existing policy. Dealers charge outrageously inflated fees of $300 - $400 for GAP. GAP covers the amount by which your lease balance exceeds the value of the vehicle should it be totaled or stolen and never recovered. That's why GAP is relatively cheap.

Hope this helps.

John
    The AutoLeaseGeek
  • Thank you for that information.

I did not know that Honda includes GAP insurance. That is a good thing to know.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You certainly can, sho220z. Honda Finance's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00132 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

So in answer to your specific question, yes the dealer is being honest with you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • has anyone used Weymouth Honda before when buying/leasing a car.

They have given me the best price on a lease no dealer in my area seems to even come close on an EX-L lease.

I live in NY and it is a 4 hour drive to them but worth it for me if others have had a good experience with them.

Thanks,
    Steven
  • aces_fullaces_full Posts: 16
    What were the terms of the lease?
    Lots of Weymouth Honda posts in the Odyssey Prices Paid forum...

• I am leasing my first ever automoblie (Pilot). My wife and I are both concerned with the return process and what we might get hit for regarding damage etc, we live in NY so there are many people who hit your car and drive off etc.

What insurance can I get that will cover the costs for repairs on dings, minor dents etc so that I will not get any surprises when I return the car.

I wanted to know what this insurance is called and who offers it.

Thanks,
    Steven
  • Does a Lease from Honda finance charge a lease disposition fee when you return the car?

I do not have my documentation yet but wanted to ask before it arrives.

Thanks
  • delta737hdelta737h Posts: 603
    Honda does not incorporate a disposition fee in their leases.

John
    TheAutoLeaseGeek
  • jsdilopsjsdilops Posts: 47
    Hi car man:
    Can you post the residual and MF for a 2011 Pilot EX-L lease, 2WD no res, no navi, 12k and 15k miles/year, 36m.
    Thanks
  • toni32toni32 Posts: 2
    I am new to leasing and have been shoppint around for Pilot EX-L. I was quoted a price from one place at $369 per month (not thru Honda bank) with basically about $3K down (taxes, dmv, etc). This would be for 42 months for 10K miles per year. I went to another place and was quoted about $430 a month for 36 months (thru Honda Bank), 12K miles per year with $1300 down ). This is for the Pilot EX-L (without navigation or DVD). Are these good prices? Which is the better deal? I heard that if you go thru Honda, Gap is included. The place offering the deal thru Honda Bank also mentioned that if you are offered deals not thru Honda Bank, the monthly price seems lower, however, there are a lot of hidden fees you pay. Please help!

Thank you all in advance!
  • toni32toni32 Posts: 2
    I am new to leasing and have been shoppint around for Pilot EX-L. I was quoted a price from one place at $369 per month (not thru Honda bank) with basically about $3K down (taxes, dmv, etc). This would be for 42 months for 10K miles per year. I went to another place and was quoted about $430 a month for 36 months (thru Honda Bank), 12K miles per year with $1300 down ). This is for the Pilot EX-L (without navigation or DVD). Are these good prices? Which is the better deal? I heard that if you go thru Honda, Gap is included. The place offering the deal thru Honda Bank also mentioned that if you are offered deals not thru Honda Bank, the monthly price seems lower, however, there are a lot of hidden fees you pay. Please help!

Thank you all in advance
  • Lease offer for 2011 Honda Pilot Touring edition in the NY area. Tier 1 level 36 month 15,000 mile per year. Money factor is .00142 and the residual value is at 51% $20,999.25. How am I doing????

Selling pice: $36,600.00
    Up front tax: $ 1,809.54
    Assignment fee: $ 595.00
    Tot Cap Cost : $39,004.54

Out of pocket: $ 691.26

$585.35/month
  • We are picking up our leased Honda Pilot 2011 EX-L with Zero down and 12,000 miles per year for 36 months from Weymouth Honda for 382 before taxes.

I live in NY and anm picking it up tomorrow. No dealer in my area could come close. It is leased through Honda. We do not plan on buying it after the lease is up.

Hope that helps.
  • How is that ex-l equipped??? Navi/Rear entertainment??? Could you please elaborate.. Thank You.
  • Just plain EX_L NO Res and No Nav
  • The first offer only allows you 35,000 miles for 3 1/2 years. You could run a real risk for going over miles limit depending on your driving habits. The price difference between 12,000 & 15,000 miles is not all that great considering would you could pay when you turn in the lease.

Here is a formula to help calculate your monthly payment. Helps keeps the dealers honest.

F= Money Factor
    C= Total Cap Cost
    R= Residual
    T= Number of months in lease

payment= F(C+R) +(C-R)/T

So the next time you speak with your dealer see if they provide you with this information. That way you can check his or her numbers.
  • Did you get your total cap cost after the taxes are factored into your selling price plus the assignment fee? This way you could truly calculate your payment before heading to Mass.
    Hi Steven. Honda Finance's lease return process is very reasonable. It waives up to $1,500 in excess wear and tear charges on the vehicles that it takes back. I'm not saying that it's impossible to get hit with a charge, but your vehicle would have to be pretty messed up before you would have to pay any sort of excess wear and tear penalty at lease-end.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jsdilops. Honda Finance's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pilot EX-L 2WD without Navigation with 15,000 miles per year are .00142 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • dulesdules Posts: 37
    Credit score is 712 Experian (which I think is what Honda uses). Higher with the other two. Can I expect to get Tier 1 financing? I can't find this info published anywhere and am beginning to wonder how objective it really is.

Thanks!
  • calbears1calbears1 Posts: 19
    Hello Car Man,

Could you please provide Honda Finance's July's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD with 15,000 miles per year?

My lease is up on my 2009 Pilot's and i'm planning to trade it in for a new one. I have two months left on lease but i am at 36,000 miles already. The residual value on the original contract was $18,291.15. I checked with Honda finance and they said current residual value is $20,619.12. Difference of $2,327.97.

Thank you,
    John
    In my experience, if you call Honda Finance as the lessee, they quote you a payoff with sales tax included....

Just a thought....

Okay thanks Kyfdx! I called them and they gave me the payoff and the taxes are not included in the payoff in California. I still have 6 months left on lease.

By chance do you know the residual and money factor for 2011 EX-L for July?

thanks again,
    John
    Ahh... in your first post, you said you had two months left...

Sorry, Car_man is the one with the numbers...

Yes, my mistake...for some reason i was thinking 2 months. but lease is up in January 2012. Okay thanks!!
  • Car Man,

Where does it say they waive 1,500? Just like to make sure I know the facts when the time to bring it back comes around.

Thank you for all your helpful information.
  • Hi car_man I went to look to lease a honda pilot ex-l $0 down sign and drive with taxes rolled into payments. 15k miles / 36 months, the gave me a payment of $475 and told me the money factor is .00101 that seems awfully low for the money factor, are they playing games with me? Also is 475 a good price in general.