Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Pilot Lease Questions

Comments

• dulesdules Posts: 37
    Hi, not car man but see my posts in Prices Paid...just got 2011 EX-L $0 down for $372/month, $759 due at signing. First place I went to (while getting my 05 Pilot serviced, wandered into sales) wanted $448/month + 2K down. You may want to shop around - they want to move 2011s right now.
  • thanks and what was the money factor and residual value the .00101 sounds to good to be true.
  • dulesdules Posts: 37
    Hi there,

MF is 0.00097, residual 56%.

Good luck!
  • called al of the other other dealers in suffolk they are all coming back at over $500 for the EX-L :(
  • tlgoldentlgolden Posts: 9
    Carman:

Can you please provide the July numbers for the Pilot Touring.
    Thanks,
    Terry
  • ashwenashwen Posts: 29
    edited July 2011
    Check out weymouthhonda.com. They have an awesome lease calculator with all the current money factors and residuals for every model. The sale price you see used for the calculations is what their internet price is. This price can used as the baseline for negotiations for folks in other parts of the country.

http://www.weymouthhonda.com/lease/
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hey John. Honda Finance's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00107 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey wallstreet1234. I don't recall seeing this fact anywhere online, but it is true.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Terry. Honda Finance's July buy rate lease and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pilot Touring 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00107 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • FYI,

I just received some paperwork from Honda Finance and it does mention in there that they waive the first $1,500, there is an asterisk in there but for the most part it is true, Thanks again.
  • jlpred55jlpred55 Posts: 4
    I thought I would post on here my lease I just got from Smart Honda in Des Moines, IA. They were great to work with and I believe I got a fair deal.

2011 Pilot EX-L Alabaster Silver with Black Leather
    MSRP- 36860
    Negotiated Price 32313
    state tax 6%
    Lic $374
    Doc Fee 185
    Title $25
    Aquisition $595
    I leased for 36 months, 12K miles a year. Money Factor .00107, residual 56% I paid for the lic, doc and title up front and first payment. Total monthly payment is $400 on the dot. I think I did well. I got roughly$4500 off and by my calcs with the invoive being 32488 without the $810 Honda destination fee was about a $1000 under invoice. I shopped 9 other regional dealers and none of them even came close. The best offer for the price of the vehicle from other dealers was $33300 even after some hard pressing.

Good luck
  • pghattypghatty Posts: 4
    The 2009's should start coming off 3 year leases soon. Should I wait as the current used value is over 27k but the residual for a 2009 EX-L should be about 20k. 56% of 35K. Any insight would be helpful?
  • dad23dad23 Posts: 430
    Could I please get the current MF & residual for a 2011 4WD EX, 36 months, 12K miles?

Thanks in advance!!!
  • kaojoekaojoe Posts: 2
    How about the money factor and residual for a 2011 4wd ex-l, 36 month 15k miles?
    Here you go dad23. Honda Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pilot EX 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00107 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super PReferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 dealer cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Honda Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00107 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Again the $1,250 dealer cash is available.

Car_man
    Host
  • junobearjunobear Posts: 22
    So as I'm shopping for a new car and will hand off my current leased car. Do I have any additional attraction (negotiating position) to a Dealer because I'm delivering my pristine Pilot to his/her Dealership? OR: does it mean anything to them?
  • My wife's 09 ex-l lease is up on 3/2/12. I have been able to get a exl- res for a few bucks more per month, but we see the 2012 is refreshed in the front and rear. Dealership tells me the money factor and incentives won't be this good on a 2012 until next spring. What do you think my chances are of getting the same deal I have been offered in august for an 11 in September on a 12?

When do you think the 12's will be at current lease deals and can I extend the lease a few months to hit the discount time of year for the 2012 pilot? thanks.
  • paulo6paulo6 Posts: 93
    Sounds Exactly like my quoted offer of yesterday:
    2011 Silver/Black EX-L
    Selling price $32,200
    MF .00107, Res 56%
    12K Miles/36mos

He incorporated the Aquisition fee into the lease to get me ato $429/month. He dropped from $489/month just last week, so i think this is a good deal considering the $32200 selling price. Any opinions welcome
  • Deal or not?
    msrp 41480
    sale 38984
    12,000 lease
    residual 52% or 21,569
    money rate .00107
    $597/mn includes tx (9%)
  • 2011 EX-L with Nav:

Selling price $33,545
    MSRP: 38,680
    Money Factor: .00051
    Residual: 52%

Carman,

Is money factor accurate? Another dealer provided a money factor of .00061. Also, dealer says that car is subject to gas guzzler tax. Is that true?
  • Honda Pilot EX-L W/NAV silver/grey leather - right under touring model.
    $0 down $1572.00 (title taxes fees etc)+428 first month.
    12k 36 mo. $428 a month w/tax.

I think I did pretty good.
  • njcrv2011 - would you mind telling me if your $428 includes taxes? I am assuming by your nj handle you are in the Garden State so perhaps your $1572 included taxes? Are you able to say which dealer you worked with?

Thanks,
  • njcrv2011njcrv2011 Posts: 7
    edited September 2011
    Yea taxes included on both the down and the monthly. Openroad honda in edison. They will definatly work with you on the price. I wanted the touring model but ended up with the EXL NAV. The only difference I could see that mine did not have was the signal in the mirrors, rear dvd, power lift gate, chrome trim on doors, shades in rear passenger.
  • Yes, zachman1, the money factor that you were quoted is indeed correct. I believe that .00061 is for regular leases and .00051 is for leases with nothing due at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
  • How are things looking now that it's September?

I need rv and mf for Touring w/Nav, 15K/yr, 2011 or 2012.

Is the dealer cash still around or has that expired?

Thanks.
  • We've turned in a few leased Hondas, but I don't remember whether they checked the tires. Our Pilot needs new tires but we are 5 months from turn-in and hoping to make it to the end without replacing. Has anyone had any experience with the tires coming up on inspection?
  • Hi Love2Drive,
    Yes, there is a minimum tread requirement when turning in your Honda.
    You may want to compare your current payoff amount to current KBB trade-in values. If your payoff amount is lower, your dealer may offer you a bit of cash for your Pilot (and the dealer then pays off the car and gives you the difference). I turned in my Ridgeline lease for a Pilot lease, and the Ridgeline had a couple issues beyond normal wear and tear. I ended up walking away with some cash from the dealer, rather than going through the lease turn-in. The dealer wanted it to sell as a pre-owned on their lot, so I just signed a lease payoff agreement (i.e., they payoff the lease on my behalf); rather than going through the inspection. The nice thing about this approach is that you can do it at any time without early termination penalties.
  • bspzbspz Posts: 30
    2011 and 2012 Pilot EX 36 mo 12k please and thank you!
  • Thanks. I was worried about the tire issue, now I know I wasn't completely paranoid.

I went to my dealer today and they offered me a lease payoff, and we are seriously considering it. We'd get a '12 Touring, with the same payment we had on our '09 Touring, and no end-of-lease penalties to deal with. No cash back, but they are offering a fair amount when I look at KBB values, so I am satisfied. And I wouldn't have to buy new tires! :)