Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Pilot Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi Jim. Honda Finance's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Pilot LX 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00073 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Honda is providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this truck right now. Make sure to take this cash into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • albert72albert72 Posts: 141
    Car Man,

Happy New Year.

Can you give me the MF and residual for:

2013 Pilot EXL - 4WD No Rear Entertainment System and No Navigation?

Looking at 3 yr 36k and 3 yr 30k leases.

Do you know if there are any extra incentives for leasing a 2012 Pilot - dealers seem to have a lot of inventory left. If the 2012 is a lot less, I am OK with getting one but for $10 / month, I would rather have the 2013.

Thanks,
  • albert72albert72 Posts: 141
    Car Man,

Happy New Year.

Can you give me the MF and residual for:

2013 Pilot EXL w/4WD No Rear Entertainment System and No Navigation.

Looking at 3 yr 36k and 3 yr 30k leases.

Do you know if there are any extra incentives for leasing a 2012 Pilot - dealers seem to have a lot of inventory left. If the 2012 is a lot less, I am OK with getting one but for $10 / month, I would rather have the 2013.

Thanks,
  • Just leased a basic 2012 civic LX for my son.. {21st Birthday present !} $1000 down $175 mnth 35 mnths- we've leased 6 vehicles from the same salesperson. SHE's always working deals-
    specialty--¨ getting us OUT of our leases 8-12 mnths early--and into NEW cars. (usually for around the same payment) We never consider buying at the end- We like 'NEW' every couple of years-
    ANYWAY - she's come up with a deal for ME (early) on my 2011 Pilot EX...I'm 2 years into the lease ~ $410 mnth payment.

DEAL_
    BUY before Jan31- (Indiana - snow everywhere- dealer is dead slow)

2013 EX-L 4WD
    $435 1st payment (or tax\ title\ fees ---PAID by DEALER)

so Basically drop off my 2 yr old EX with 20,000 miles and drive out in a new 2013 EX-L with 7 miles on it (rides awesome huh?) for the same payment► $410 mnth ~35 mnths --- (which we never see 'cause we always in a NEW vehicle after 24 months ! :) )
    Good Deal ? or am I missing the hidden $$ trick under the shell - ??? :confuse:

Thanks guys-
  • Thanks albert72. To you as well. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Pilot EX-L 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00073 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $500 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

There is a little more dealer cash on the 2012 model, but no lease support so I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it was actually more expensive to lease a '12 than it would be to lease a '13 at this point.

Car_man
    Host
  • td_inctd_inc Posts: 17
    Hey Gatorbaiter,

Sounds like a good deal to me! I can't say specifically on an EX-L current price but i just did nearly the same thing with my 2011 EX-L in Dec. Dropped it off 8 months early and picked up a Touring model for about $10 more a month.

Some else just reported on here doing the same. So it sounds like the Pilots are holding good value and Honda is more and happy to take the trade-ins. Plus with the lease prices dropping since 2010/2011 - the new model deals are more attractive!

Enjoy the new truck.... we love ours! :)
  • it has been more last couple months since the residual is at %50
    on 2012..

If your leasing 2013 is only way to go now.
  • Hello. I am curently negotiating a lease on a Honda Pilot EX 2WD. Best I have been offered is $0 money due at signing. $390 month including tax. 12K miles / 36 mnth. I was hoping to come lower but have been working 3 different dealers for the past 2 week. This is the best offer so far. Would you think this is a good deal or should I continue to negotiate?

Thanks.
  • chaozz1chaozz1 Posts: 49
    edited February 2013
    well its much better then the web site promo
    2013 Pilot 5 Speed Automatic 2WD LX Featured Special Lease
    $289 per month for 36 months
    $2,499.00 total due at signing.

My exl-nav 4wd I'm at 490 a month
    that was with first month payment down and tags.
  • gpsacgpsac Posts: 98
    I think you're about there. In Central Florida the best i was able to do a couple weeks ago was $362 (plus tax = 385) with 0 out of pocket on an EX 2wd.
  • I just negotiated at 2013 EXL 4x4 with RES with 15,000 miles/year, 36 month lease, $1500 down, plus $500 dealer cash: $410/month (taxes included). I think this is an excellent deal, any thoughts? During my negotiations, I also had them throw in remote start to close the deal. They did not meet my requested delivery date either, so they gave me a $25/day stipend until they delivered!
  • Milkman79 can you share where you got this deal ?
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,461
    Just curious, what's the residual after 36 months/45K?

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• Cleveland Ohio.
  • Can't remember the exact number, but it was $20,###.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,461
    Cool. Thanks. Just curious. We've got a 2011 EXL W/ NAV that has over 32K miles on it (it'll be 2 years old in May). I just like to know I'm "ahead" when making my loan payment;)

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• We just leased a 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD for $513/month (including taxes), 0 down, 35 months from Stephens Honda in Bloomington, IN. They waived the last payment on our current lease (2011 Pilot EXL 4WD), and gave us a $4000 check for the positive equity in our old Pilot (KBB value was $4000 greater than the payoff). Was this a decent deal?
  • Not to upset you guys. But you are paying too much for just a EXL. Your payment should be in 400-410 range. If you are happy.happy motoring..
  • So if I am overpaying for a Pilot EXL 4WD lease, does that mean the payoff amount will be lower at the end of the lease than it would have been with a lower lease payment?
  • Most likely not,You may have paid MSRP while others are getting it for $2500 less.You pay on avg $30 per month per $1000 of the amount leased.
  • gpsacgpsac Posts: 98
    You know at first glance you say wow 513 a month! However after considering this is not a bad deal. First, most of us undersatand that for GAP to be an advantage (if ever needed) you do not want to put monet down because GAP only covers payoff. This is like reverse downpayment thats still covered bt GAP. Even if the 4000 is mostly inflated selling price.

Basically 513 is at MSRP which is 3500 over invoice (roughly). Given that Pilots are going for invoice everywhere, this deal is the same as 400 (+ tax) and 500 equity in the 2011. Plus they made the last payment.

Not a bad deal in my eyes! :)
  • Thanks for the reply, gpsac. They gave us $4000 because the KBB value on the 2011 Pilot was higher than the payoff, mainly because it was a 36k lease and we had put 14k on it. If we overpayed $3500 for the new Pilot and if that is offet against the $4000 check we got, then didn't we still get a bad deal if we're only getting $500 for the old Pilot, when we had $4000 equity in it?. I already emailed a dealership in Indianapolis that is quoting $444 for the same exact model and terms. I might see if I can get out of this lease (either through selling the car or seeing if a dealership can help get me out of the lease) and lease through the Indianapolis dealership if it's going to save us $70/month for 36 months
  • Hey milkman79, I'm in Cleveland too. Would you mind sharing the dealership? I'm in need of the exact same Pilot to replace my current lease.

Thanks!
  • Hi Car_man

I am interested in leasing 2013 Pilot 4WD Touring. I will really appreciate if you can tell me what is the money factor, residual and % less on MSRP.

Thank You in advance!
    Mav
  • Motorcars in the Heights. GM was not happy when I went in to sign. Apparently he was not aware of the bottom line. Good for me! Bad for them. Mentor was the only one able to come with a great offer. Motorcars just matched them because they did not want to lose the deal. Good luck!
  • ansariansari Posts: 11
    edited February 2013
    Leased Honda pilot exl 4x4 , 18000 miles annually , for 511/ month x36 month including rolled in Illinois tax title and registration etc . 0 down , no security deposit .Without Illinois tax 445/month.
  • Does anyone know the residual value for a 2013 EX-L FWD with navigation? I believe the dealer is trying to screw me with a 51% residual. To the best of my knowledge it should be 53% for 15,000 miles per year.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated ?

Thanks
  • think 53% is with 12k miles.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi Mav. Through March 4th, Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Pilot Touring 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00073 and 49% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $800 dealer cash that is currently available on this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi jrt123. This truck's 36-month, 15k residual value is 53% without navigation and 51% with navigation. It's strange that the dealer would use anything different because dealers are not allowed to alter banks' published residual values.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over the invoice price that is listed here at Edmunds.com minus the $800 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host