Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Pilot Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdx, please let us know how you do. i'm in the same position. ayalakay, i dont know the rest of the details of your new purchase, but that doesn't seem like you got much of a deal to me.
  • I'd be happy to help you out, DK.

Honda Finance's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pilot EX-L 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00139 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

While this can vary from vehicle to vehicle, typically the less equipment a vehicle has, the better its residual values are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • mjt5mjt5 Posts: 13
    Hi Car man,

Could you please give me the current December money factor and residual value for a 2011 Honda Pilot, 4WD, EX-L RES with 12k miles and 36 months through Honda Financial Services?

Thanks so much in advance for your response!
  • tex18tex18 Posts: 82
    What did you pay as the negotiated price? Are EX no leather still going for $27,500?
  • I just got my new 2011 Pilot EX-L. This is my 3rd Pilot that I've leased. I paid 33200.00, res value 57% 20733.75, and money factor .00129. That is with zero down, zero first payment. My payments are 472.13 including tax for 36 months and 12000 miles. (It's really only 35 months though, since the first payment is zero.)
    Here's the best part: My 2008 Pilot EX-L was worth more than my res value of 18062.00, so I got a check back for over 5000.00!
    I had to work for this deal. My local Honda dealer wouldn't budge on giving me what I wanted for my '08 Pilot. They would only go to 22500.00. I searched online for other Honda dealers within 50 miles of me and started making calls and searching dealer inventories. Here is what I found MOST helpful: If you want the most for your trade/buyout, search dealer inventories for like mileage and year cars. See what they are selling them for and how many they have. The dealer I ended up going to, had no '08 Pilots on the lot. When I called them, the used car manager jumped on a deal. I only had to drive about 40 minutes away for an extra 1000.00! (I went to Fayette Honda in Uniontown, PA)
    I hope this helps more people get good deals. Good luck all :D
  • Thanks for the tip! I just checked my dealer's page and they have 5 2008's, only one VP, with ~11K more miles than mine... and they are asking $22500 for it! So I was right that mine would technically be worth more. (Thanks for the additional ammo!)
    ;)
  • tex18tex18 Posts: 82
    Arob1, what did you pay for your EX 2WD? Or anyone else can chime in, whats the best price out there now for a EX 2WD? Cheaper the price, cheaper the lease.
  • Hey Car Man....I was wondering if you could post the December finance numbers for a Pilot EX-L AWD. Looking for 36 or 39 month lease with 12-15k miles per year. Thanks
  • I'd be happy to help you out, mjt5. Honda Finance's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD with RES and 12,000 miles per year are .00139 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi sprinkler13. See my previous post for this truck's money factor. The residual value for a lease of this truck without the RES is 2% higher.

Dropping to 12,000 miles per year raises vehicles' residual values by 2%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi sprinkler13. See my previous post for this truck's money factor. The residual value for a lease of this truck without the RES is 2% higher.

Dropping to 12,000 miles per year raises vehicles' residual values by 2%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Everyone,

just looking for advice on the lease offers made to me.
    2011 EX-L 4WD

36 mth / 12,000 / negotiated sales price of $32,308
    $2,000 down
    $475 per month
    $20,733 residual
    money factor .00255

are these #'s correct for that payment, using Edmund's calculators, I receive a lower monthly payment...he did mention a $595 acquistion fee.

other option:
    42 mth / 12,000 / negotiated sales price of $32,308
    $2,000 down
    $438 month
    $20,006 residual
    money factor .00245

again, I receive different payment amounts when I run the calculators then what the dealer provides me.
    thanks
  • You need to ask him how he came up with that # rather than us. Is there sales tax? Is there a trade in? What is their documentation fee? Title and registration fee? Did he add in the optional additional warranty that you probably don't want? The $595 lease fee is what AHFC charges for a lease, it's non-negotiable and doesn't go to the dealership.
  • I will ask them specifically how they arrive at the numbers, because the calculators don't show that. I just want to make sure I know what figures/fees should be used and what should not, like you said about the warranty fee.

No trade in, earlier in the process I was told $171 for title and registration fees when purchasing, so I assume that is the same.

where should the tax show up? It's in the monthly payment, correct? And what is the amount used for PA - is it 6% still for lease or is there a different number to use?

because of my credit scores, does that raise my money factor? I noticed another lease posted here was .001xxx
  • The lease on my 2008 Honda Pilot EXL-Res is up in Feb. (2 payments left) and I have a new deal that I am wondering about...
    Can you tell me if these are good numbers?

2011 Pilot EXL-Res
    $2800 down (Includes first payment)
    $425 a month for 36 months.
    Residual at end of lease is $21,100.

Dealer is stating that the Sticker price is $37,975, We are paying $34,325 ($37.300 with tax) and the Dealer Invoice is $34,715.

Thanks for your help!
  • On Nov 23, I traded my 2008 Pilot EXL-RES, with 28.8m miles in on a fully loaded Pilot Touring. They picked up the last month lease payment. Price on the Touring MSRP was over $40k when you included the dealer paint protection and door protectors. (OK so I told them I did not consider that a real cost). I put $1,000 down, which included first month payment. Payments are $466 a month and with tax $499/month. Residual is $20,579. I paid $500 out of pocket (part of the $1,000) towards the inception fees and the trade in from the 2008 pilot covered the rest and more. I am really impressed by the 2011 Touring.
  • Car Man,

Would the numbers be the same for the 2WD version?

Thanks
  • hi Carman,

Can you post MF and residual rates for touring, 36mo/10K?

Thanks
  • 36months,
    RV-57% of MSRP
    MF-0.00139
    I hope this will help.
  • Hey thenewlew. Honda Finance's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pilot EX-L 2WD with RES and 12,000 miles per year are .00139 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host