Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Pilot Lease Questions

Comments

• Lease offer for a Honda Pilot EX-L 12,000/year $0 down excluding taxes, DMV for $434/month

Is this a good deal out here on Long Island?
  • I totally agree, my inside contact says no need to put that large amout down.... invest it. Obviously if you can afford to put 5K down on a lease or purchase you can afford another 100 per month without the money down..
  • Welcome and Thanks joenavy.

Honda Finance's January buy rate lease money factor an residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pilot LX 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an EX 4WD are .00145 / 56%.

The numbers for the EX-L 4WD are .00145 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Ruby - Millenium Honda in Hempstead had an ad showing EX-L 12k/year $.20 add mile for $369mo 36mo $0 down + 895bank fee +780 dest fee.
  • dasayayindasayayin Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    Hello: I am about to sign in a deal for The Honda Pilot EX-L 2011, 15k miles a year For $427 a month for 36 months with $2439.00 down +DMV(not included) This covers My taxes, My first payment and Acq fee. Also I am returning a Honda Odyssey EX 2009 early which is due in November 2011 included in this deal.
    Now the question is: Is this a good deal? Please tell me.
  • Shop around you could do better.
  • I'm just curious, how is this even possible mathematically based on the current lease numbers? If you plug MF 0.00145, residual 57% and base cap $100 below dealer invoice at $32,920 into lease formula, you still get $472.72/m (www.leaseguide.com). It seems like something is missing in this scenario. May be it’s for people who turning in their old leased Pilots … Could someone knowledgeable explain that paradox?
  • Hi guys! I have been reading this forum for a while but this the first time i am posting something. I just leased a 2011 honda pilot EXL and i thought i should share the experience. I leased a 2008 honda pilot exl 4wd and I had a month left of my lease expiration. After reading this forum i learnt that my 08 pilot had an equity built up and i should be looking forward to use it. However so many people have been denied of equity here that i was a little skeptic about it. So i went to the same dealer and to my surprise the sales person actually initiated the equity talk as soon as i told them i want to lease an '11 pilot exl. I leased my 08 exl with 0 down 12k mi 36 mo for $354 a month and did not pay the first months payment and nothing else out of pocket. I had '29k mile when i traded it. They gave me $4000 in equity. I came home with the new 2011 pilot exl 4wd for $ 365 a month 12k mi 36 month. I do not have to pay first months payment and nothing else out of pocket. Only $11 more a month for a much improved and bigger vehicle. So did i get a good deal?
  • Carman: Can you tell me the money factor and residual for an LX AWD 36/mo and 39/mo, with 12k miles per year? Also, do you know if Honda is offering lease cash or cash to dealer? Honda's website is advertising a lease on Pilot LX AWD sign & drive for $390/mo for 36/mo based on a net capitalized cost of $29,400.20 which includes destination and the acquisition fee. I'm wondering if this number is based on an average sale price or some incentive being offered to dealers. I've negotiated the sale price down on the car to $27,400 including destination but not the acquisition fee; I'm wondering if the dealer has some play to go lower. Thanks so much!
  • Carman: Using the Edmunds lease calculator and the numbers on the Honda website, I figured the residual should be about 58% (MSRP 30,425 and residulal of 17,646.20). I wasn't sure if they were basing the payments on 35 payments or 36 payments (with the first payment part of the sale price), but based on 35 payents the money factor worked out to be around .00115 and based on 36 payments it worked out to be about .00135. Does that sound about right? Still not sure though whether the net capitalized cost on the website (29,400.20 incl destination, acquistion fee and maybe the 1st month) is based on some incentive to dealers, an average sale price, or dealer contribution.... Thanks again!
  • Just leased 2011 EXL 4WD w/RES - traded in my 2008 with one month left on lease...had 45k miles on the truck with a 36k lease so I was well over allowed miles.....18.5 k residual on lease. First dealer said it was worth less than residual and was actually charging me more for lease of new one with the trade in. Went to Carmax - 22k appraisal which exactly matched KBB. Went to 2nd dealer got 21 for trade in so 2500 equity toward new lease with $34,900 out the door price $440 ($410 pretax) mo pmnt for 3 yr 15k miles/yr
  • How does this deal sound.
    EX 4WD 36mth 12k, $415 (taxes are included in payment)
    $0 Down, $0 bank fee, $0 Destination fee
    1st month plus DVM out the door.
  • Hi mattmy. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pilot LX AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00145 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

You really don't want to lease this truck for 39 months because this vehicle's money factor jumps to .00200.

If I was in the market for a Pilot right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over dealer invoice. You can find the exact invoice price of the vehicle that you want over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks. I wound up taking the car for 36/mo; I got a sale price of $27,000 including destination.
  • jdiz3jdiz3 Posts: 11
    Hi Carman,

Do you know the current lease rates for an ex-l w/ nav & awd, 36/15k?
  • carnut12carnut12 Posts: 35
    Carman,

Can you post the march mf and residual for the 2011 pilot lx. 36 months 10k or 12k per year.

Thanks
  • bizhousebizhouse Posts: 8
    Car_man:
    Could you please provide Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pilot Touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year?

Thanks!
  • jamz1jamz1 Posts: 6
    edited March 2011
    My dealer just asked if I want to exchange my 09 exl w/ res AWD Pilot for a new 11 Pilot with same options and same lease price of $530.00 mo.( my buyout is right now @ $23,000) for 3 yrs. Just trade keys no down pymt nothing out of pocket. I have 10 months to go on my current lease. I was actually thinking of buying my car at end of lease.
  • nygenenygene Posts: 11
    What state/dealership is that? a dealer in upstate NY offered me that $532/month with nothing down for EXL / 36 month/ 15miles...but I think you /me can do better.seems like they are not giving you equity in that trade in.

anyone have good lease rates on Pilot EXL. 36 mo/ 15k miles - better than these?

BIG QUESTION- my research is showing that the Pilot gets dinged for the breaking distance-- much worse than the CRV, Mazda CX9 and Acura RDX....anyone here had problems with Breaking Distance...too soft?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    You're very welcome mattmy. Enjoy your new Pilot.

Car_man
    Host