Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Pilot Lease Questions

Comments

• covcov Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    58% and .00061 were the same as what I was told on an EX-L. What are you putting down? Is it 4x4 or 2WD?
  • That's not 0 down 1572 + 428 more like 2000down
  • I'm looking to buy an used 2011 Honda Pilot 2WD EX-L with Navigation with 11600 miles. Dealer price is $31000, what should I pay for drive out or with out TTL ?
  • Car man....

Can you please provide Honda Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Pilot EX-L (NO navi or DVD) 2WD with 12,000 miles per year?

Also, are they still providing $1,500 dealer cash on the '12 models?

Thank you!!!
  • raineerainee Posts: 5
    Hello,
    The lease for our 2009 Honda Pilot is due in December..the dealership has been calling for months asking for our trade because we only have about 30k miles & it's in perfect condition.
    We love our Pilot & are interested in 2012 model..can anyone please assist in best pricing for this model, along with lease calculations? money factor, etc...
    Also, I think we're going to possibly have positive equity in our trade..how does that work with a lease deal??
    Thanks for the help!
  • Hi kyliebradyappa. Honda Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot EX-L 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00061 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

I don't believe that Honda is currently providing any dealer cash on the 2012 Pilot.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • For the 2012 4WD Pilot Touring 36 month lease w/ 12,000 miles my numbers are:

MSRP: $41,630
    Sale Price: $36,654
    Lease Money Factor: .00051
    Residual: 54%

Quoted lease price was $495/month, no money down. This seems to be a higher lease price than the Edmunds calculator suggests ($455/mo), and I'm not sure why that is. Title and Registration couldn't add $40/month.

Does this sound like a fair deal? Any ideas on why the numbers don't match up?
    Thoughts?
  • Looking to lease a 2012 EX-L

I'm returning my current Pilot lease and I was wondering if these numbers sound right

residual on 09 Pilot $18,650

Trade in value $23,500

TMV for 2012 pilot EX-L $35,130

.00061 MF

$21,450 residual on 2012 Pilot

$307.00 a month target price
  • I recently discovered the best lease calculator ever at a Honda dealership in Weymouth MA.

Go to this link to get ALL of the numbers/factors/prices on current Honda leases:
    http://www.weymouthhonda.com/lease/.
    I am amazed that they have done this. I have been leasing cars (as a consumer, I am not in the business) for 25 years and I have never seen even a fraction of the transparency and disclosure at this site. Weymouth Honda says "patent pending". All car dealers should make evaluating and buying this straight forward.

I live about 30 miles away from Weymouth and my local dealer couldn't believe it, when I showed them. Eventually he checked it out and matched the price.
  • Thanks papakim

I just checked it out and it it very clear on concise.
    I will definitely use this in my negotiation.
  • @Papakim, I was actually the person who made the lease calculator. Glad it helped you. We put it together to help people like you. We never liked the closed door approach most dealers take and we thought there's got to be a better way. We in turn hope that people will come buy the cars from us because they appreciate our upfront approach and that we don't make them jump through hoops. Any suggestion as to how to make it better?

Andrew
  • I'd be happy to help you out, rainee. Let's work up a sample payment on this truck and see what we come up with.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD that has an MSRP of $36,980 and a selling price of $34,069 through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $385...assuming that you qualify for its top credit tier.

Have the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in your trade rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease. I always advise consumers not to make down payments on leased vehicles. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • spr130spr130 Posts: 1
    Hi all - I am negotiating a lease on a 2012 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Rear Entertainment System. I currently have a 2009 EX on lease and am really starting to realize how much equity there is in the '09 Pilot. The buy-out is $16,535, I have 47K miles.

The deal I have on the table is: $400/mo with no money down, inceptions totaling $973. I will ask for the breakout of everything when I'm ready to go, just curious as to what people think about these #s?

Monthly pmt: $400
    Inceptions: $973 (including 1st month payment)

I feel like i have more room considering '09s w/ like miles are listed for $23-25K.

Thoughts?
  • tex18tex18 Posts: 82
    Andrew, thank you so much for the calculator, I have it bookmarked on computer. However, I live in Texas, I have heard that Texas taxes on leases are a little different, are they the same for Mass?...........Thanks again for your calculator.
  • laser4laser4 Posts: 1
    I currently lease a 2009 Honda Pilot EX, 15,000miles/year at $424/mo. Lease is up 4/12, but the Honda dealer wants to buy out the lease early and put me in a 2012 for the same or less $. I see their deal is no $ down. I would like to get my payments ~$350-375/mo. Would this be possible? (Haven't met with them yet - appt. next week). Would it make much of a difference to go to 12,000miles/year? In general is it better to take less mileage with the possibility of going over, vs. paying for more miles than you need? I'm currently just over 12,000miles ave. annually. I could also "downgrade" to a LX to save $. Thanks for your guidance.
  • This is the best dealership EVER. I live in Illinois but called them based on this forum. The price you calculate on their website is 100% the price they give you. No strings, no b.s. Its unreal.

Salesman said their margins are lower but they do a ton of business b/c of them being so above board. I am seriously considering having them ship me my vehicle if i can't get a dealer in Illinois to comply with their prices.
  • Can you confirm the money factor (.00061) and the residual (60%) for a 2012 LX 4WD for New Jersey? Sales tax is 7%, is that right? Also, what are the registration and documentation fees in New Jersey?

Would all these numbers be the same for an EX-L?

We were told Honda includes gap insurance on all their leases, is that correct?

Thank you!
  • Can you please let me know what the current money factor and residuals are for a 2012 Touring Pilot 4wd. Thanks.
  • Andrew, one way to make it better would be able to change the sales price. I suppose you could do that by upping your "money down" even if you just plan on negotiating a better price, but would be great if you could play with that number a bit.
  • I recieved a SIGN and DRIVE quote for a Pilot EX-L 4WD for 0 down and $389 /month plus NJ sales tax (6.25 or 7%) for 36mos 12K/yr

Is this a Fantastic deal or just a standard deal in NJ??

But my MAIN question is.......Is a sign and drive absolutely nothing out of pocket at the signing of the lease? Is the DMV, Registration, taxes, everything else simply rolled into your monthly payments?????

And finally, If I have a 2009 4WD Pilot EX-L lease that I am returning that has been completely payed off for 36 mos with a residual value of $18,200, is there any equity in it to use to my advantage to get either a check back or more reduced payments?....

If so, how should this be negotiated without pissing anyone off at the dealership???

thanks