Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Pilot Lease Questions

Comments

• I'm looking to lease a 2012 Honda Pilot EX for 36 months and 12000 miles a year. I have a 2007 Honda Accord LX with 57400 miles on it that I'm trading in. What do you guys think would be a good deal if I'm putting $2000.00 down in the Dallas\Fort Worth area? Sales tax is 6.25%.
  • You're right, I missed that darkfudge07. Wow the dealer gave you a $3,300 credit for a leased vehicle that you're returning. That's fantastic. $410 per month including tax with nothing out of pocket is indeed a very good deal for this truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Welcome tahaimam. The dealer invoice price of a 2012 Pilot EX-L 2WD is $32,124. A selling price of $33,000 would be around $875 over invoice. That's not bad. Just make sure that the dealer is using Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor of .00056 (top credit tier) to calculate your payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello mw_200. If I was in the market for a Honda Pilot right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over dealer invoice. You can look up the exact invoice price of the truck that you want over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Once you have a selling price that you're comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor of .00056.

You'd be better off going with a zero down lease. Consumers who put money down on leases risk losing part or all of the money that they laid out if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
  • For a 36mo/12K mile lease with no money down, whats the best deal going?
    Also, whats the best price people are getting the '12 EXL 4WD for? many people post for 2WD
  • In Sept I just got a 4WD EXL for 435 month zero down no taxes nothing just first month payment and $97MV FEE fair deal considering I had a 09 Pilot LX Base Model and I was paying 435 a month on that 12k and a lot of these prices on these posts seem to be unrealistic unless they are putn cash down! Good Luck also people tend to forget sometimes what time of month you buy your vehicle affects the numbers, my experiences seem if you shop at the end of the month u get a better deal! PS my old 09 Pilot also was hit while parked and possibly needed a new bumper, so I save there too as it was not my responsibility the dealer took the car of my hands
  • OK, I've shopped around almost every dealership in DFW...I got the following quote on a 2012 EX:
    Internet price: $26,355. Destination $810. Window Tint $399. Pin Stripe $299. Value Package $399. Aquisition $595. Total including TTL: $30,888.

I told them i wanted to lease 36 mo, 12k/yr and only wanted to pay 1st mo at signing. He came back at $359/mo. That seems like an unbelievable deal. I asked around other dealerships and they all said TAKE IT...it's below invoice. I even have it in writing and have the stock number from the internet sales manager.

have any other shoppers seen one this low? should i be leary of a bait and switch? I'm headed to the dealership tomorrow afternoon to pull the trigger on this deal!
  • 1.Make sure it's a 4WD
    2.Make sure it's a EX
    3.They might have low balled you so you won't shop around and when your pumped to pick up and sign they will say it going to be a little more. Happened to my friend with a Accord priced him on a LX when he wanted a EX
  • That seems like a pretty good deal? Is it with Honda Financial? Cause my dealer just bought my 09 LX and I got a 2012 EXL for 435 0 down sign a drive! And I mean 0 down
  • That was for an 2WD. The stock number and vin he sent were an EX. I have the whole thing in writing, so i'm hoping it's legit. I'm not in a hurry and won't hesitate to walk if anything funny is up.
  • Just picked up our 2012 Pilot EX. Couldn't have gone smoother. I even sprung a trade on them at the last minute. We were a little upside down on the trade ($800). Final sales price was $26,500. With taxes (in texas you have to pay tax on the full sales price), acquisition fee and our negative equity the adjusted cap cost was $31,175. Residual value was 59% and .00056 money factor. monthly payment of 367.58. paid first month at signing and was out the door.

This was our first car buying experience in about 5 years, and i can't stress enough...do your comparison shopping via email, and don't negotiate the trade until after the sales price is finalized. it helped keep things clearer once the numbers started coming fast and furious.
  • Seems pretty fair, 2WD is cheaper there for taxes cheaper 2WD can make your payment a lot lower than a 4WD! Try and see the price on the EX-L 2WD might be just a tad more u will be surprised and it has a lot more features in it could be just a diff of 20 more a month GL
  • tex18tex18 Posts: 82
    @SIC EM BEARS, what dealership gave you that deal? I am looking for a 12 Pilot EX too.
  • tex18tex18 Posts: 82
    $26,500 is an AWESOME price for an EX. Thats more of a LX price. You gotta please tell us what dealership you went too. What was included in the "protection" package since the Pilot comes with mudflaps and tint.
  • sic_em_bearssic_em_bears Posts: 4
    edited November 2011
    bankston honda. are you talking about the 'value package'...that included cup guards, door edge film and rear bumper film (prevents scratches) and dent/ding repair for the life of the lease (paintless dent repair).
    If bankstaon can't do that, i just got a call from honda of burleson that they would have matched the price, but i'd already bought.
  • To Darkfudge07 - what dealership did you lease your 2012 Pilot EX-L 4WD for $410 from? I live in NJ and am returning a 2009 Pilot EX-L 4WD in excellent condition and am looking for the exact same vehicle.

Thanks, Scott
  • Hello Guys,

I got the following quote from one of the dealer in NJ for Pilot 2012 EXL for 380 + Tax ($1100.00 down).

is this a good deal? I also have 2012 EXL with RES (DVD) for $20.00 more. I just need your opinion about these ....good deal or should I quote less?

Thanks for the advise.

Jack
  • Texas dealer offering pilot touring 2wd for 525 per month for 35 months with 525 first month payment. with Honda care? what else should I ask like final price etc.?
  • Without knowing the details (i.e. selling price, doc fees, registration) and whats included in the $1100 down payment, there's really no way of evaluating the deal. Since your in NJ, I'm assuming approx $500 in doc and registration fees, making the price of the vehicle about 33,300, which is pretty good. I'm also in NJ looking for EX-L, just need to find out more information about this $750 cash that dealers have. If this is true then I'm trying to shoot around $500 - 700 below invoice. Goodluck
  • I'm not sure if your still on here but the reason insidecarbuy was able to get such a low payment is based on selling price and the trade in value of the trade. Where the dealer got you was in the selling price. They basically sold you the car for MSRP ($36,900) and then used your $3K equity against it to bring down your payment. A selling price around invoice ($33,500) would have gotten you a much lower payment with your $3K in equity.