Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Pilot Lease Questions

Comments

• PTJ23PTJ23 Posts: 1
    I just spoke to a dealer that told me the residual for a 2wd Touring w/ no RES is 46% for 12K miles. Does anyone know if this is true or what the actual residual is?
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Posts: 1,207
    ck

It is getting close for your search re EXL (FWD or AWD?) between 300-350/mo.
    This week I saw one special lease no money down with $338/mo (b4 tax), 39 mo., for 09 EX FWD (only ONE available) ... keep on checking

http://www.boch.com/bochhtml/bochhonda/pages/promotions.aspx

no money down, $398/mo. for 09 EXL - check its monthly promotion

http://www.boch.com/bochhtml/bochhonda/pages/HondaSpecials.aspx
  • ck90211ck90211 Posts: 129
    Wow thanks for the headsup. If I can find a EXL 2WD (without RES or NAV, and no down) for $ 350/month I'll do it. I know my 06 EXL 2WD lease was a good a deal, that is why I am thinking about extending until something cheap comes along (or if it needs some costly services).

I typically don't like leather seats but the 06 leather was a rare exception, that is why I would prefer EXL over EX.

Just wish Honda would put hybrid in these for 30 mpg city. Then I would buy one (not lease) today. My other car is a Prius, so it's hard to deal with 17 mpg city (thank you cheap gas, for the time being).
  • dcfakdcfak Posts: 22
    How does $335 per month for 39mo., no money down ,12k/year sound for an 09 pilot LX AWD
  • jrm005jrm005 Posts: 5
    I am looking for information on the following models:

EX (2WD) 12K miles - Money Factor? Residual? Term?

EX-L (2WD) 12K miles - Money Factor? Residual? Term?

Thanks in advance!!
  • sjtashsjtash Posts: 27
    If a lease is for 39 months at 12k miles per year, does that mean the mileage allowance for the additinal three months is 3,000 miles and the total allowable miles is 39k miles?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,370
    Generally, yes....

Although, in the past, I have seen some companies do a 39mo/36K lease.. but, it's an unusual occurrence...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Has anyone seen the bali blue in person? Does it look navy blue?
  • chauchau Posts: 2
    I just spoke got off the phone with AHFC and extended my lease. Thank you to the folks who posted on this option.

I extended lease option on my 2006 Pilot EX-L by 24months with the option of canceling it any month (month-to-month lease). I have the same monthly payment AND I could opt out at anytime. I would get 1050 extra miles per month for next 24 months. There are no penalties.
  • golicgolic Posts: 714
    Just out of curiosity did you try and negotiate down the lease payment? I was thinking of calling to see if I could get it reduced and I would keep the car. *shrugs*
    Can I do better?
    09 LX AWD Pilot lease $335/ month for 39 mo. 39K total mileage. No $ down.
  • cmp3cmp3 Posts: 1
    Hello all,

If there's anybody who leased Honda Pilot on Socal recently, please post the information. My lease will be expired very soon and would like to lease Honda Pilot, again.

Thank a lot in advance.
  • sjtashsjtash Posts: 27
    39 month lease, 12k miles per year, $0 down (except bank fee, dmv). $428.05 per month, including taxes.

Completed deal today. Huntington Honda, Huntington, NY - very pleasurable to deal with. Took time to deal with me and virtually guaranteed to beat any other dealer, which they did.

Thanks to all who have posted and provided me with the information I needed to make an informed decision and ask the right questions.
    What was the purchase price of the vehicle??? And is this a 2WD or AWD?
  • Could you also please let me know the money factor, residual and purchase price. I am also going to lease from Huntington Honda so this information is very helpful and appreciated.
    Thanks
  • lola29lola29 Posts: 1
    My husband and I are totally new to leases and so we are very wary about the prices they are quoting us. The salesman quoted us.
    For a 2009 EXL 4wd 3 year lease
    15,000 miles per year
    4,000 down, which includes tax and fees.
    400.00 per month.
    We are in Utah

I think that is everything. Is there anything else I need to be aware of? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
  • kcv724kcv724 Posts: 5
    Anyone that has leased w/ a great deal please provide me w/ info. Looking for 36 or 39 month 2009 Pilot EX-L. I've been quoted 425 w/ 2500 out of pocket. Seems high after reading this forum.
  • Just got a quote for an 09 2WD EX-L, 39 month, 12k per year. Everything seems in line except the Residual. Dealer claims its 47% for "Super Prefered Credit". Does that seem right? I was expecting a bit higger. MF in line at .00151. Below is their first attempt at quote, going back this week to renegotiate.

Sales Price $30,265
    Residual $16,104
    MF .00151
    $450 per month (tax not included)
    $0 down except first months paymet and doc fees
  • w_zmanw_zman Posts: 4
    Hello,

I have drove home with an EXL-AWD $2000 out of pocket 39 month 12000.

$410.

Regards
    Wm
  • AXM23AXM23 Posts: 64
    That sounds like a good deal on that Pilot EXL AWD. Did you have any options? Which dealer in the NY area? I see that you also have a 39 month term. Is your lease with American Honda?

I am looking for a deal on the same Pilot or maybe a Highlander Limited.
  • I just got a Pilot 4wd-ex for 389 a month 39 months with 15K miles per year with remote starter and passive alarm

We got it from Huntington Honda. I put down 2K but had my 2005 Nissan Xterra lease paid off 4 months to go
  • Do I remember correctly that there is a dealer incentive going on right now that's due to expire in March? If anyone knows anything about that, please remind me...

We are ready to lease a Pilot, but we would like to take our chances on waiting until late February since we still have one more payment to go on our current lease and don't want to have two ~$600 payments in one month if we can help it.
  • The $1,500 dealer cash is scheduled to run through March 2nd.

Oh wait... I found it. Car_man posted the above in message #2197 on Jan 16.

Is that still accurate as far as you know, Car man?
    You can check incentives on 08, 09 Pilot at edmunds new car section
    Pick the car you want and then look for incentives link
    According to Edmunds new car site - it shows the $1,500 dealer cash only available through February 2nd, 2009?

Car_man???
  • I just was quoted this price in NYC Area for a 09 Pilot EX
    39 month lease @ 399.00 per month
    No money down
    Tax, Bank Fee and DMV up front
    PLUS they are taking my current Honda lease back 2 months early

I did not ask for the breakdown of Sale price, MF and residual.

From what I have been reading this deal doesn't seem bad at all.

Please let me know what you think ....Thanks
    In MA Boch Honda this month PilotEX lease special I saw is $348/mo with your above considitions. Limited stocks so color choice and availability is narrow, but you can use it as reference for negotiate further down.
  • kcv724kcv724 Posts: 5
    WM,
    Thanks for the info. Was that including DMV fees and taxes? Is that 410 including tax? Can you provide me w/ the dealer and salesman? Better than any deal I've haggled so far.

Thanks,
    Keefe
    I am trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on a lease now or wait to see what comes after Feb. 2nd.

The big gamble of course is the potential loss of the $1,500 in dealer cash.

My question is though, even if the dealer cash gets extended, doing I also run the risk that the residuals can begin to fall on the 2009 Models?

The current quotes I am getting on the 2009 Pilot EXL (AWD) for 36/15m are 48% with the .1151 money factor. (I was also shown that the 39 month lease uses a 47% residual).

Car_man, do you have any insight or trend in residuals and money factors? I know the D3 lease market is non-existent. But man, I feel I am in murphy's law territory - that I will be damned either way!!!
  • w_zmanw_zman Posts: 4
    The dealer cash back will end on 02/02/2009