Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Pilot Lease Questions

Comments

• jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,262
    He may be helping people buy cars that don't want to do the work themselves. There are a number of fee based agents that will do that and can save you more than the fee they charge.
  • No I do not charge a fee, sometimes you just have to give back and be thankful for what you have. I do this for local people that need some help or dont like the whole process, and in todays economic times if I can save people a couple of dollars a month it is reward enough. I am not looking to help those whos only interest is to beat a dealer over the head but to help those that need to be educated about there deal.

I have helped numerous people on the volvo xc90 and xc 60 boards already as to availabilty and programs, have provided MF, residuals, rebates and incentives etc.

Coming from an industry that sometimes doesnt have the best reputaion there are dealers that do business the right way and those that take advantageof people.

If I see someone posting a deal that I feel is not equitable, I will let them know and try to help, keep in mind that like everything else in life it must be balanced. Deals can tilt both ways sometimes a little to the dealer sometimes a little to the consumer and that is OK but it should never be totally tilted in either direction, if they all tilted in the consumers benefit than someday that dealer may not be there to provide service.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,262
    There are so many folks gaga to buy or lease -upside down with marginal credit issues on these forums that you should stay busy forever. :)
  • Folks,

My sister is currently leasing a Honda Pilot, and wishes to lease a 2010 EX-L model. My understanding is that she has been approved by Honda for the lease. She went to a local dealer here in NJ, that pretty much gave her the run-around. I would sure appreciate some advice... Any ideas on what the monthly payment should be on a 36 month or greater lease for a Pilot EX-L? Any advice on a dealer to work with in NJ (she is outside of Philly) She is looking for a payment around $330-370 per month with nothing down.

Thanks very much for any assistance!
  • Hey I am in the same position as your sister. Looking for the same vehicle with the same payments. With zero down. The payments are averaging around the high 600's and the low 700's its crazy. I must have stopped in several dealerships in the NYC Metro area including New Jersey. The song remains the same. Its a lot different than it was 3 years ago. don't know if and when will they ever drop. Let me know if she found a good deal and good luck..........
  • I have a lease right now ending in April 2010.( 07 Honda Pilot exl with RES). Buyout is 19,200. Looking to do the same vehicle in 2010.The vehicle has only 22,600 miles way under the 36.The dealerships want my vehicle but I won't give in for nothing in returned.Any suggestions how to get close to my payment which is right now 327.00
    They want at least 5000.00 total including taxes and fees to get in the 420 range. To much for me. I might as well stay or extend for a short time or maybe just buy the vehicle.Any suggestions... Thanks......
  • I'm actually also shopping for an EX 4WD and will turn in an EXL 4WD at the end of the month/year. THe deals are definitely much worse than before. I've been offered high $490s with the first payment and DMV fees out of pocket. My current payment is $395, which would mean that I'd be paying $100 more for a vehicle that's not nearly as nice. I'm thinking of waiting until the last day of the year and giving it another try - the dealers may be willing to give in a little more then. I cant even think of another 3-row SUV that I like out there that can be had for less.
  • What was you out of pocket amount 3 yrs ago? Going through the same ordeal.
  • do not expect much more than you are seeing today, you dont list specifics of your deal but your numbers are in line, and you are correct almost $100 more than lets say threee years ago and this is not limited to just hondas but almost all the manufacturers.

Also you may encounter no availability by the end of December inventory levels on the Pilot are extremly tight.
  • 3 years ago I paid the first month, the bank fee and the DMV fees out of pocket - around 1200 if i can remember correctly. This time around all i want to put down is the first month adn the DMV fees. Even for the LX 4WD model I can't get less than $470s - which is ridiculous. I'm actually thinking of going with the Odyssey now. I really want to stay with Honda due to their $1500 wear and tear allowance, which makes returning the car 3 years later so much more worry-free. Than again, i dont think there is any other 3-row SUV out there that can be had for less than the Pilot. Times are really bad right now.
  • I actually spoke with a leasing company that got me the lease 3 years ago and they advised to extend the current lease for a couple of months, thinking that the deals should get better then.
  • MSRP: 28605
    Initial Cap Cost: 22884.71
    LEV %: 54.00%
    Lease Money Factor: 0.00197
    Cash Down: 742
    Base Monthly Payment: 299.81

Translates to $299/month with $741 due ($318 1st month payment, $298 doc fee, and $125 title and plate)

36 month lease with 36k miles.

GOOD DEAL?????? Need to give answer by the morning. Any thoughts appreciated.
  • Car Man,
    What is a fair lease deal on 36 month rate, no money down down for 2010 Pilot Touring NAV & RES in the Long Island - New York area?
    Also, what is the fair rate to purchae the same, with zero down, 36 month, financed through the dealer?
    Thanx.....
  • Hi marosen,
    The deal looks very good. where are you getting this deal, I am looking for similar deal. Cant see an dealer quote even 25k invoice.
    :)
    Thx,
  • Could someone indicate what a fair quote would be for 2010 Honda Pilot EX with $3,000 total out-of-pocket for 36 months, 12k m per year? Thanks!
  • ccnj1ccnj1 Posts: 11
    That is about what I put out of pocket, but I have 15,000 a yr for 3 yrs. I am paying $387.00 for the 4WD LX.
  • Just wanted to give you guys an update. After several weeks of searching and numerous dealers in the tri-state area (NY), I've given up on Honda and decided to to get a HIghlander. Granted, I would rather be driving a Pilot, but for almost $100 less per month for an equally or better equipped car, I'll just suck it up. Good luck to everyone still in the market for a Pilot!
  • What kind of deal did you get with Toyota?
  • 360 a month with nothing due at signing - everything rolled into the payments. Base Highlander v6, 4WD
  • What were the terms of the lease (months/mileage) for the highlander? I've also been looking for a decent deal on the pilot with no dice. Which dealership? Thanks!
  • Anybody hear or read about Honda new promotions for 2010?
  • I have a quote on a 2010 Honda Pilot EXL 4WD of $0 down and $549. per month.

To be honest I'm having difficulty determining if this is a good deal or not.
    Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  • What is your residual?
  • Hi Hollywood. I am heartened that you're looking to help people. =) This is such a confusing business to us that are not in it! We are not looking to take food out of a salesperson's mouth, but don't want to get ripped off either - money's too tight to be giving it away!
    I have an '07 Pilot EXL-RES with 20K mi./ lease ending June 10 (paying 495/mo)
    Want 2010 Pilot Touring. Have gotten quotes $585- 690 w/ $3k down
    Got quote for 512 on Pillot EXL-DVD, but would need to install BlueTooth in that one

Thanks!! =)
  • mixenmixen Posts: 11
    I am coming out of a lease on a 07 Pilot EXL 4WD and have been looking for a similar $0 down lease on a 2010. My old payment was $390 per month with a total of about $600 out of pocket, so I am appalled at the current lease prices. The $549 is on par with what I have been seeing, but my answer to your question would have to be -- that is a terrible deal. Although I am extremely satisfied with my Honda, I have been looking elsewhere because I am not willing to pay over $500 per month for a Pilot lease. I just test drove the Hyundai Veracruz Limited yesterday. I have always avoided Hyundai because of what I perceived to be image and quality problems, but I was quite impressed with not only the acceleration (10 more hp than Pilot) and the quietness of the engine and ride, but with all of the extras/gadgets that you do not even get in the Pilot Ex-L such as keyless ignition, memory seats, memory mirrors, memory tilt/telescoping, power liftgate, heated passenger mirror, reverse tilt mirrors,signal mirrors, rear parking sensors, Infinity audio system, etc. Seating capacity (8 vs. 7) is better on the Pilot, as is luggage capacity. Incredibly, the VeraCruz does not come with floor mats and they bang you another $125 for that. But with all the extras, I am seriously considering it.
  • Hi johnnypart. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Pilot Touring 4WD with Navigation, RES, and 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Shop around for the lowest possible selling price on the Pilot that you want and then have the dealer that you decide to go with use the above lease program to calculate your truck's payment. If I was in the market for this truck right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice. You can look up the invoice price of the exact truck that you want over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

If you decide to finance rather than lease your new Pilot, you can do so through Honda Finance at 2.9% for five years.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I've been told by a couple of dealers that the residual rate is 53% or $19,162 and that the money factor is .00175
  • albert72albert72 Posts: 141
    Hi Car Man,

The Pilot is on my short list and I was wondering if I can trouble you for the MF and residual for the following Pilot:

EX-L (No Nav or RES). Just the standard EX-L.
    I will be leasing it for 3 years with 36K miles.

Also - I am interested in both the Front Wheel drive and the 4WD units.

Do you know if there are any additional discounts / Honda loyalty programs? I am leasing a Honda now and my spouse has an Acura that she leases.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
  • I'd be happy to help you out, albert72. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Pilot EX-L 4WD without Nav or RES with 12,000 miles per year are .00175 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The money factor is exactly the same for the 2WD version of this truck, but its residual value is 1% lower.

Unfortunately, Honda is not currently providing any cash incentives on the '10 Pilot right now, not even for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • cpamancpaman Posts: 42
    I just came back from a dealer in CT who is quoting me a lease terms for the LX of .0021 and 55%. Is this consistent which what you know?