Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Ridgeline Lease Questions

Comments

• Hey Greg . Let's work up a lease payment on this truck and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS that has an MSRP of $31,060 and a selling price of $27,188 through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $335 assuming that you qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing. The only way that you would benefit from trading in the vehicle that you currently have a SmartBuy contract on is if it is worth more as a trade than it would cost you to purchase it, which is unlikely.

Edmunds.com has a number of excellent articles on how leasing works. Here are links to a coupe to get you started: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • You're very welcome, stonejlex. Congratulations on getting your new Ridgeline. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings lakeshor. Honda Finance's money factors are the same, regardless of what a vehicle's mileage allowance is. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that Honda Finance publishes residual value percentages for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until the end of your lease and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

The dealer invoice price of a 2008 Ridgeline RTL without navigation is $30,597. Plus Honda is providing a $1,000 cash incentives on leases of this truck through Honda Finance. So a selling price of $30,097 ($500 over invoice minus the cash incentive) or better is an excellent capitalized cost for a lease off this truck right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey idahovandal. Honda significantly recently raised its dealer cash for the 2008 Ridgeline from $1,500 to $3,500. Unfortunately, this dealer cash is not compatible with Honda Finance's special lease program. It is still only providing $1,000 dealer cash on leases of this truck through Honda Finance. Its buy rate lease money factor for the '08 Ridgeline is currently .00102 for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
  • I can help you out, sfnsfn. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor for a 24 month lease of any 2008 Ridgeline is .00102 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing. This truck's residual value percentages vary by trim level and mileage allowance. Its 24 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for an '08 Ridgeline RT is 61%. It's 60% for the RT w/moonroof, 58% for the RT w/moonroof & navigation, 60% for the RTS, and 61% for the RTX. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, these residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Congratulations on getting your new Ridgeline, mattmalt. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Make sure to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with everyone. Enjoy your new truck :) .

Car_man
    Host
  • Anyone have any numbers yet?
  • gmaroungmaroun Posts: 9
    Hi All,

I recently started an all out quest for quotes in the NJ/NYC area.
    I noticed most honda dealers not all will use the traditional method of selling the car. Simply put, they place a middle man who has no power of making the deal or numbers. Their job is to make you act on impulse. Enough of that.
    Being a currrent America Honda Finance Customer, I was able to get rates on the Ridgeline. I confirmed that their is a 1,125 Lease case to dealer that is running until 4/3/2008. Lease factor remains at .00102 or 2.44 APR. (Not bad rate) I expected lower.
    I am heading to Garden State Honda in clifton to work on a deal.
    Keep you all posted on details.
    I have confirmed the new rates:
    3/3/2008 - 4/4/2008 Lease factor is .000832 or 2%
    12k miles 36 month Residual Rate:
    RT and RTX 56%
    RTS 55%
    RTL 54%
    RTL w/navi 51%
    Lease Cash to dealer $1,125

Now you know the figures. The game has begun. I was able to get a selling price for 26,200 from Garden State on a RTX model trim which is off my target price of $24,049. I walked away. I am sure they will call me later in the month either they meet or come close to my target price.

RTX MSRP w/destination $29,135; Invoice $26,449
  • 01tblue01tblue Posts: 13
    Gmaroun,

Try Friendly Honda NY. I strickly dealt with the salesman the whole process soup to nuts.

Email me if you like and I will give your the particulars and salesman name.

I got the best price, and did everything via email. Best and easiset purchase to date!! :)
  • mattmaltmattmalt Posts: 6
    I had luck with Khalil at Academy Honda in Old Bridge NJ.....not long negotiations to get to where I wanted (see my post above) I was very pleased with them.
    Does anyone know the current Lease Cash Incentive for dealers on the Ridgeline?
    I know there is a 3500 cash to dealer but it can't be combined to Special AHFC Lease deals.
    Hi again, I just close a Lease deal on a RTX Ridgeline

$1552.05 due at signing (1st payment and inception included)
    36 month
    12k year
    $300.85 includes 7% sales tax (Need good credit to qualify)

If you are in a need for a great weekend duty truck, you must be nuts to pass up on the opportunity.

:) note it was not easy on getting this deal. You really need to have negotiation skills and do not expect this will be your first or second offer.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're very welcome, 01tblue. Congratulations on getting your new truck!

Car_man
    Host
    Hi love2driveinct. The Ridgeline's residual values vary by term and mileage allowance, but through April 30th Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor for it is .00083 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gmaroun. Despite the fact that Honda is currently providing $3,500 dealer cash on the 2008 Ridgeline, only $1,000 dealer cash is available on leases of it through Honda Finance.

Car_man
    Host
  • aspesisteveaspesisteve Posts: 833
    now that Honda is rumored to up'd the dealer cash to $4,500, does this make leasing even less attractive? I mean, how can you beat $4,500 under invoice with a lease?

anyone able to make the lease make sense with these viarables?
  • vmcjr1vmcjr1 Posts: 2
    Looking for an RTL no/nav. site is helpful any new info
  • aspesisteveaspesisteve Posts: 833
    somehow I get the feeling that the lack of posts on so many threads in Edmunds is reflective of the lack of sales in the car industry. With the cash incentive that Honda is offering for the Ridgeline - $4,500 last I heard - it's telling of how well the Ridgeline is selling.
  • 01tblue01tblue Posts: 13
    Im out driving my new Ridgeline. ;)