Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda S2000 Lease Questions

18910111214»

Comments

• ok so the base price for how i want this car msrp is 34,970 with dest.

invoice as per edmunds it $31,725

less $2500 i'm at $29,225 as a base cap cost

with a 42 month lease term @.00265 and 47% residual (which is what the salesman told me has the best residual:MF ratio) i am coming up with a payment of $425 a month without taxes and i will roll in taxes for a payment of $462.

is ther more i can squeeze out of that deal? maybe lower the MF? or lower cap cost. i realize i'm under invoice and was thinking about getting them to chop into holdback but am i correct in saying that holdback does not apply for them after 90 days? i know they have had the car there since the spring the same exact one i want to lease.
  • ok i'm in the heat of battle with a few dealers for the s2000 but i guess this is a general car lease question i am hoping someone with knowledge on this can help.

so i'll try to make it as easy as understand as possible. in an effort to lower the cap cost to accomdate my payment comfort zone i was thinking...

since i turned my last car in i have been driving my mothers lease extended 2003 civic lx 4dr sedan. the lease was up last year but she extended it and the extension is due back in december. so whenever she wants it can be returned. the car is pretty under the mileage allowance. so basically the car has positive equity. though there are a few months left the payoff amount for the lease is $5500 and the average i am getting in between kelly blue book and edmunds and seeing a few on sale it is about 7500-8500 as trade in value. so i was wondering why the dealer (same one that leased the car out in the first place so technically it is honda-honda lease) can't buy the car and give me credit for the difference since they can probably sell it for 8k up on their lot once they get it into shape and stuff.

now i thought of this because when i got my last car (infi m45) i had an accord lease at the time and i had like a year left on the lease and was already over the total mileage so they bought out my old car from the bank (i broke the lease) and i swallowed the negative equity ($2500) into my cap cost for the infiniti. so surely the same can be done but it reverse.

so when i ran this idea by the dealer they looked at the car then they were like, we can't do it because it is on an extended lease and if it was on a regular lease it would be different. i asked why what difference does it make and he couldn't really explain so he kind of danced around and changed the topic which lead me to believe he was BSing since logic tells me i should be right with what i am trying to accomplish.

someone help!
  • 23109vc23109vc Posts: 218
    b uy a used boxster. you can get a killer base or S model for about 20k.

blows the s2k away in quality, class, handling.
  • Prob. not. Buying at invoice is a stretch already. It's possible to buy under invoice, but not in this case.
18910111214»
This discussion has been closed.