Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hummer H2 Lease Questions

2»

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi drifter0. Unfortunately I do not personally keep tabs on the lease programs for used vehicles. Before you agree to lease the 2005 H2 that you are interested in, make sure to compare the cost of leasing it to what it would cost to lease a brand new one. Manufacturers rarely provide support on used vehicle leases. The high level of support that is available on leases of new H2 models right now might make the difference between leasing a used one and a brand new one much less than you would think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi jayell1. Since you have never leased before, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

The cash incentives that are available on a purchase of a 2007 Hummer H2 are not the same as the incentives that are available on a lease of one through GMAC. GM is currently providing a $1,550 bonus cash incentive on this truck that can be used to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for a lease. It also has an additional $500 lease cash on it in select areas (if you tell me where you are I can tell you if it is available in your neck of the woods). Negotiate as low a selling price as you can on the H2 that you want and then have the dealer that you are working with subtract any cash incentives that you are eligible for.

Once you have arrived at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer that gives it to you calculate your truck's lease payment using GMAC's base lease rate of 4.45%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • rob07002rob07002 Posts: 1
    Hello Car_man

I'm about to look at an H2 on Friday and I want to know beforehand what I can expect.

I want a base H2 SUV with navigation and sunroof. MSRP on Hummer's site is $58705.

What would lease payments be here in NJ for this car assuming I can get them down to a sale price of $54 - $55k.

Lease for 36 - 39 months 12k miles/year

I might trade in my 2000 GMC Denali which I owe $3000 on but according to all the sites is worth $9 - $11k as a trade in in Good condition. Sa that should be gopod for about $5 - 6k down payment.

Thank you
  • i really like what ive read about the changes to the 08 hummer H2. They are aggressive on leasing right now on the 07's but i feel i need the changes. Do you think the 2008's are going to have much higher leasing prices. We can wait for them to come out but not for time to pass after that for price drops. what do you think?
  • Does anyone know the current money factor and residual value on a new 2008 H2 Hummer. The vehicle that I am looking at is price at 64K, lux package and a couple of other options, I have a GM friends and family offer that brining the price dowx to roughly $60k. I am being quote roughly $850 per month for 39 months with 15K miles. Seems high to me, thanks for the help
  • andicandic Posts: 3
    :) I am in the same boat as well.......an idiot when it comes to Leasing vs. Buying. I am looking at purcasing a 2006 H2 SUT for 36,998. I have talked myself into buying a slightly used H2 for the lower pmnt. However after reading these posts I am considering Leasing! To do or not to do?

Ps. New here hello to you all.
  • Hi duke0011. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2008 Hummer H2 with 15,000 miles per year are 4.2% and 55%, respectively. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. If you are able to purchase this truck through GM's supplier purchase program, chances are that you are not going to be able to negotiate a lower selling price than the one that you are currently being quoted.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Welcome andic. There's nothing wrong with leasing new vehicles, if they have an attractive lease program available on them. General Motors' current program on the 2008 Hummer H2 isn't bad. I would be happy to use it to work up a sample lease payment on the exact truck that you are interested to give you an idea of what to expect, if you provide me with its full MSRP and selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
2»
This discussion has been closed.