Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hummer H3 Lease Questions

Comments

• gtligtli Posts: 27
    I will be shopping an '07 H3 basic. Only interested in automatic and side curtain airbags.

Approx MSRP of $31595
    12k/year, 36 or 39 depending on which is most favorable.
    Any guidance?
    Residuals? Rate? approx discount from MSRP I should be looking for? Est. monthly payment (live in NV, sales tax in the 7% range).

Love this site, helped me get the best deal ever on an R500 for the wife.
    Thanks for any assistance.
  • I just leased a pretty much loaded '07 h3, black, beautiful, $1500 out of pocket, out the door included first month, taxes, tags, the works. 25 months, 12k, $492-a-month. i'm quite satisfied.
  • 27 not 25 months, sorry.
    Which options? What was the MSRP? The interest rate?
  • auto, sunroof, chrome pkg, chrome wheels, xm, chrome running boards, black brush guard, lux pkg, some other stuff.
    Thanks my friend. What was the MSRP, the residual they gave you and the state you live in?

Only one dealer where I live in Vegas, the other is about 120 miles away in CA, not so far, but looking for some leverage to negotiate a dealer here in Vegas. It's a bit of a monoploy.

Thanks.
    GT
  • the msrp was about 39,300 with the added on brush guard. it was the standard gmaC SMARTLEASE % rate. it doesnt show on the lease agreement. in any case it fits the budget well.
  • i'm in ct. the residual is 27,072.
  • I just bought an H3X today and I did alot of research. For a 39 month lease with 15,000 miles with a GMAC smartlease the lease rate is 3.45% and the residual is 57% for 12,000 miles the res. is 59% and 10,000 miles 61%. Hope this helps.

Here's my lease
    2007 H3X Desert Orange w/all options
    39 month lease, 15,000 miles per year
    msrp: $43,885
    final price $39,638 (includes $750 GM rebate and 250 GMID rebate)
    $1040 down(first months payment and title, tags, DOC,etc)
    rate 3.45%, .57 residual
    $480 month.
    Saw an ad on tv last night offering $1,750 holiday cash?

Does this mean that GM has upped the offer cash rebate another $1,000.00?
  • yes they have, but only for purchase not lease. for lease i got $1000...the original 750 plus another 250 plus the gm supplier discount. my loaded h3, on a 27 month, 12k lease with gm is 492 a month.
    what was MSRP? Purchase price?
  • rich50rich50 Posts: 12
    Hello,

Has anyone checked out Hummer's $299/month lease on the H3s? I know it is based on a $29,995 stripped model but wondered how it works out with a decently equipped one. There Ad is 299/month for 39 months with 32k miles and $1829 due at lease signing..
    Thanks in advance for any input!
  • it's posted look back in the thread
    expires 1/2/7

Likely to be gone or something new?
    H3 base, MSRP $32,700
    $1,500 down, 12 k/yr, $380 at 39 mos, 397 at 36 mos?
  • tmitchtmitch Posts: 14
    H3 -fully loaded with nav - MSRP $40,810
    Price after discount and $1750 holiday rebate - $36,288

The deal offered was a smart buy of:
    $1,000 down, 15k/yr, $502 for 39 months.

Does this sound like a good deal?????????????????
  • hummeehummee Posts: 4
    Hey Gunnar,

I just leased onto a New h3 for 600.00 per month 72 month term and I'm paying 611.00 per mth. all chromed out with xm . Chrome wheels, we also got on hand rebate for 750.00. If you go to them and tell them look this is what I'm looking for. Most of them will try to work something out with you. We had an 2002 avalanche and loved it never thought we'd give it up but when we found out how much more we were gaining with the h3 we went for it. Not a poweful truck but it's nice. Plus Insurance on a new vechicle is cheaper than what our avalanche was. :shades: good luck :)
  • Does hummer offer multiple types of leases? Their website is asking for several thousand at lease end...I am currently leaseing a BMW, didn't have to put any downpayment and nothing due at lease end. What gives? Anybody leased an H3 using another finacial insitution other than GMAC?

Thanks
  • I leased mine about a month ago. GMAC smartlease is a closed-end lease. You pay nothing at the end of the lease. You can either buy it at the residual value or jut turn it in.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,837
    A national news magazine is looking to interview recent GM car buyers (Chevrolet, Pontiac, GMC, Cadillac, Saturn, Buick, Hummer, Saab) that switched from a Toyota or considered purchasing a Toyota. If you are interested, please send an email to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Monday, January 29, 2007 containing your daytime contact information.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Hi all. I'm starting my quest for an H3. I'm interested in leasing for 36 months or less with little or no money down. We went to our local dealer and deceided on one with the luxury and chrome appearence package. It also had XM, sunroof and a few other options. The sticker was 38k and change. What should I expect to pay per month? Are there any rebates I should be aware of? Thanks for any info you can provide. I'm in the Philly area.
  • I'm also in the Philly area. I went to 4 dealers in the area and only one would I recommend. I about an 07 H3X about 6 weeks ago, I don't think the lease rate has changed it should still be 3.45. If you want you can email me at sugmike@yahoo.com and I'll give you all the details and who I dealt with. You shouldn't pay sticker mine listed at 43,800 and I got it for a little under 39k. I have 39 month lease with 15k a year, I put 800 down(first payment, tax, title tags). My payment was 480. Do you live in Jersey? Theres some fees if you do. Like I said if you want email and I'll tell you where I went and who I dealt with, it was a very easy transaction....Mike
  • Mike,

E-mail me at xiosmx5@aol.com I tried yours and it say it's a non-existant address. Did you type it correctly?

Steve
  • Somehow got it to go through...check your mail.
  • hummeehummee Posts: 4
    Hi we lease a new h3 from sutliff hummer with 700.00 down and they gave us a 750.00 towards our downpayment. we pay 612.00 per mth for 4 yrs. We have the total package like your describing with onstar we love it, we've had it since xmas. The only thing i miss is the power we had in our avalanche.
  • I'm looking into a 48 month lease with 12k miles per year. I chose the longer term because I'm rolling in some upside down money in my trade and don't want to pay a crazy payment each month. Here's my quote from 2 dealers in Connecticut -

H3 Base with Automatic - MSRP $31,690
    Trade = 2004 Chrysler Pacifica FWD appraised at $11,500 (don't know if this is ACV). Payoff is $17,870.
    $1,500 cash down
    48 month 12k/year payment = $549 per month

I asked the dealer for a breakdown of the ACV on my trade as well as the selling price of the H3, residual, APR - and 3 days later still have no response.

Can anyone tell me, based on the current GMAC buy rate and 48 mo/ 12k mile residual if this is a good deal? Are there any acquisition fees/security deposits on GMAC's SmartLease right now?

Thanks in advance!!
  • Well, it must be that I posted here that the dealer faxed over some numbers. Here they are:

H3 Base w/ Automatic
    SmartLease 48 months 12,000 miles per year

MSRP - $31,690
    Selling Price - $30,555 (claiming $500 over invoice)
    Trade ACV - $12,500
    Trade Payoff - $17,870
    Residual - 50%
    APR - 3.95% (1/2 point over buy rate)
    $1,500 cash down

$542.97 per month

Their invoice seems high. He said there were advertising fees added to the invoice and this deal was $500 over their investment in the vehicle.

The calculator on leaseguide.com shows a lower payment, so I must be missing something......

Any help is appreciated!
  • Hi yingxiong. You really should wait until you are less upside down on your current vehicle to get a new one. As I am sure you are aware, you are going to end up paying way more than you should for your new Hummer H3 if you have to roll this much negative equity into it. If you absolutely have to get something new now, it is important to find out the selling price of the Hummer that you are getting. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Shop around and negotiate the lowest possible selling price on the H3 that you want and then introduce your trade into the equation. Given how upside down you are on your Pacifica, the payment that you were quoted doesn't sound terrible but you really need to find out exactly how this deal breaks down before proceeding.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Thanks for the additional information, yingxiong. The dealer invoice price for a base 2007 Hummer H3 with an automatic transmission is $29,100, so $500 over that would be $29,600. The price that you mentioned is around $1,000 over that. Try to get the dealer to lease you this truck for $500 over the invoice price that I mentioned, add in your negative equity, and then use GMAC's base lease rate of 3.3% to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.