Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hummer H3 Lease Questions

Comments

• I am am 20 years old and have never bought a new vehicle... And I have decided to lease a new H3 Base Model With a MSRP of 33.485 How is the best way for me to go about trying to make a deal... Im Lost.... where should I start... I have read the 10 steps to leasing a car but I need someone to kinda of explain what to do what needs to be said... what dont need to be said... How do I know whether I am getting a deal or not... The closest dealership is 2 hrs away from my home... How can I get a deal and not take more then one day of my time?? Thank you! :confuse:
  • Does anyone know the current money factor and residual value on a 2008 H3, with an MSRP of $32670.
  • You really have to watch your mileage on the leases...I have a high mileage lease I am well under the miles at 501 a month , My life has changed and I need a larger towing vechile , I have about a little over a year left on the lease , I would be willing to let someone take over my payment and they would have a nice hummer to drive for a year or so.
  • I am looking to get into my first H3. I am planning on leasing the vehicle but do not know what current residual and or money factor is on a 36 month lease. The specific model I am looking at is the base model with luxury package, power sunroof, chrome package and automatic trans. I am located in southern NH. I would love to get the info as soon as possible as I want to go out and do the deal this weekend. Any help will be much appreciated!!
  • You're very welcome, jf7227. I'm glad that you have found this forum so helpful.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Greetings jthomas6727. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

From the looks of it, you have already checked out the 10 steps piece. I will boil things down even further for you. The two most important numbers to focus on when leasing a new vehicle are its selling price and the interest rate or money factor that you are being charged. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Comparison shop with a few dealers for the best possible price on the new H3 that you want.

The combination of lackluster new vehicle sales, high gas prices, and the H3's poor crash test results will probably enable you to get a great deal on one right now. If I was in the market for a new H3 right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of right around dealer invoice. You can look up the dealer invoice price of the exact truck that you want by visiting the following section of this site: New Vehicle Pricing. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $1,050 lease cash and $1,000 bonus cash that General Motors is currently providing on it into account.

Once you have arrived at a selling price that you are happy with, have the dealer calculate your lease payment using GMAC's current base lease rate of 4.0% and you're all set.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello slewis01. The H3's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Hummer H3 with 15,000 miles per year are 4.0% and 58%, respectively. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. So a lease rate of 4.0% would be equivalent to an interest rate of around .00167. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,050 lease cash and $1,000 bonus cash that General Motors is currently providing on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi oemsls. Here's the information that you are looking for. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Hummer H3 with 15,000 miles per year are 4.0% and 58%, respectively. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. So a lease rate of 4.0% would be equivalent to a money factor of around .00167. When negotiating your lease, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 bonus cash and $1,050 lease cash that General Motors is currently providing on it. Good luck in your quest for a new Hummer and make sure to stop back and let us all know how it goes.

Car_man
    Host
  • H3- Base
    - Adventure Package
    - Sunroof
    - Chrome Appearance Package
    - Chrome wheels
    - Chrome gas gas cover
    - Power Driver seat
    - Side Chrome tube steps
    - Roof rails

$379/month, includes taxes
    $1,800 down, includes first payment, and all up front fees.
    27 month lease
    10,500 miles per year

The MSRP is almost $39K and the lease is based off a selling price of $34K, which is well below invoice. Although the buyout seems high at $27,496, but it is a short lease term.
  • Car_man,
    I'm looking at doing a SmartLease or SmartBuy on a 2008 H3 (haven't decided between base or alpha right now). When I use the GMAC lease tool on the Hummer site it automatically includes a $1,750 manufacturer's allowance. Do you know if this includes the $1,000 lease rebate that Edmunds has listed in the incentives area or is this in addition to the rebate?
    Thanks
  • raw4uuuraw4uuu Posts: 4
    bad, good or great deal ?? on a 2008 h3 sticker msrp was 37230.00. lux pkg,pwr moon roof, automatic, chrome door handles and mirrors . 39 months with 12000 miles a year. long island ny. 415.00 a month 0 down and taxs included in monthly payment. how did i do ?????? factory rebates were 3050.00
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi rmichaels55. The truck that you described probably has a spread of around $3,200 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add to this the $1,050 lease cash and $1,000 bonus cash that General Motors is currently providing on this truck and you have a total of around $5,250 to play with during your negotiations. The $5,000 discount that you were quoted looks great to me. Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses GMAC's current base lease rate of 4% to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi addisonmb. General Motors is currently providing $1,050 lease cash and $1,000 bonus cash ($2,050 total) on all 2008 Hummer H3 models. It has an additional $1,000 cash incentive on Alpha models that have been sitting on dealer lots for a long time.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi raw4uuu. It looks like the dealer that you are working with took all of the cash incentives that General Motors is currently providing on this truck into account on your deal. That is a good thing. You never mentioned what this truck's exact selling price is though. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I am sure that myself or some other helpful community member will be happy to give you their opinion of this deal if you let us know what the selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
  • raw4uuuraw4uuu Posts: 4
    thanx for the reply but not sure what you mean by selling price ? the sticker was 37230.00 including all options.
  • aschasch Posts: 3
    I am able to get the gms discount, I was wondering if it is a set price or if I nogotiate the best price possible then get a discount on top of that?
  • I have an offer from a dealer today in NJ for:
    Solar Flare Orange H3 with Lux package
    Navigation
    Rearview Camera
    Chrome package
    Chrome wheels
    Sunroof
    Automatic transmission

$2000 down (includes first payment, fees, etc)
    39 months
    10K miles/year

$399/month

This seems like a great deal, but I'm not sure.
  • dawnie417dawnie417 Posts: 5
    Hi there! I am totally estatic that I found this board!! I'm not sure how "fast" you answer questions, but I hope you can answer this before Saturday. Anyway, I've read some of the posts already and have learned alot. My question:

We have NEVER leased before, and have considered leasing a H3. Long story short, on the news here in NJ they spoke about leasetrader.com (where you can take over other pple's leases which can be a great way to save $$) so we looked and we stumbled upon a 2008 H3 to take the lease payments over. It's in the next town over from us, and the guy doesn't need it anymore cuz he moved to NYC. Here is the info:

~ 2008 Hummer Sport edition
    ~ Value of it was $35,000. He put $3,000 down and the lease is for 36 mos. with the option to trade in during the 24 month. He's in the middle of his 5th month into the lease. Monthly payment is $379/mo including taxes. 12,000 mileage allotment per year. .10 cents over for each mile over.
    ~ The lease is with Gold Coast HUMMER of Oakhurst, NJ. He has 5000 miles on a 12000 mile a year lease which puts it under the monthly limit.

Other info:
    He added chrome inserts on the top grill of the hood along with a chrome gas insert and chrome side molding. It's all black with tinted back windows and black and red interior. Added features include a CD player along with XM and Onstar/Onstar telephone. Outside thermostat on the rear view mirror and mirror itself dims according to time of day.

The only thing we would have to pay is $595 for GMAC for the transfer of title, dmv fees and all that crap. The owner even offered to chip in some of that cost. He is also throwing in his TomTom GPS.

Unfortunately it doesn't have leather or a sunroof...2 things we really like, but are willing to sacrifice that if this is a good deal for us considering we pay nothing down since that was already done! :)

SO MY QUESTIONS are as follows:
    1) Is this a good deal for us? I'm thinking it is for us, considering we are not shelling out a dime (besides the fees to GMAC). Also, out of curiousity, did this guy get a good deal out of it (he put $3,000K down)?
    2) Is there any "downfalls" in doing this by taking over a lease? Anything to 'watch' out for? Would like to hear your opinion on this.
    3) Concerning buyout: I asked him about the buyout and his response was this:
    "I just spoke with the dealer, it was kind of high he said due to the fact of the condition that I described to him. Rough estimate of 28000 (he said he needs to see the car to get an exact). It retailed at 35,000 though." Thoughts?
    4) He said the car is only a few mos. old. Does this buyout number drop as the car ages??? I'm a little confused about the buyout thing. Not sure if that seems high or not and if so, does that number drop?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME. I would love to hear your opinion on this. We are looking at it on Saturday, and would love to hear what you have to say about it and if you feel this is a good deal for us or not. :)

~Dawn
    You're very welcome, raw4uuu. By selling price I mean just that, how much the dealer is selling you this truck for. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. It is very important to negotiate as low a price as possible on the vehicle that you want before you have the dealer quote you a lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi asch. If you are able to get GMS pricing on your new Hummer, you should be able to get an excellent selling price on your truck without having to haggle at all. Dealers make a little profit on these deals that they are not supposed to dip into for consumers, but I have heard rumblings about dealers doing so to seal deals. If I personally had access to GMS pricing, I would just take the quoted price and go with that...of course making sure that the dealer was not marking up my truck's lease rate when they calculated my monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host