Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hummer H3 Lease Questions

Comments

• thank you very much for your help marblez!
    one more question, though....
    can i accumulate my GMID Certificate with a GM card saving?
    Thanks
  • You can use GM Card earnings...1000 on H3. If you are anywhere near Pa I would suggest Scott Hummer in Allentown.
  • soto2soto2 Posts: 1
    Daer Car-man
    I have negotiated,the price to $500 below invoice (Invoice* $26,476 +Destination Charge: $565 =$27041-$500=$26,541 )I understand ther is a:
    2006 Hummer H3 Rebate Information
    Bonus Cash Rebate Cash Dealer Cash Lease Cash Loyalty Cash Internet Pricing
    $750 - $750 - $1,000 - $1,000
    and
    HUMMER holdback: 3% of the total MSRP.
    Can you work up a sample lease payment on the H3 5speed-base model.
  • Hi gintini. Even though neither you nor any of your relatives have ever worked for General Motors, you still should be able to negotiate an attractive deal on the Hummer H3 that you want. I see that you are aware of the free entertainment system offer that General Motors is providing on this truck right now. Unfortunately, dealers only receive a cash incentive from GM on trucks that are equipped with this option, so eliminating it will not help you get a better deal. You might as well include it in your truck. I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the H3 right now. Surprisingly, there is not as much of a margin between its MSRP and dealer invoice prices as I thought there would be. A base 2006 Hummer H3 has a spread of $2,456.47 between these prices. If I was in the market for one right now, I personally would shoot for around $1,500 (plus the free entertainment system) or perhaps a little more off MSRP. Again though I am not personally familiar with what they are selling for right now.

GM is not currently offering a special financing program on the H3, but it does have a lease program on it. Its base lease rate for any length lease of one right now should be 5.90%. Its residual values vary depending upon how long you lease for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. Its 36 month, 15,000 miles per year residual value is currently 62%.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Hi soto2. $500 below invoice is a heck of a good deal on this truck. I would be happy to estimate what your lease payment should be for you, however in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP.

Car_man
    Host
  • mc1mc1 Posts: 1
    Car_man

If you were given these 2 options which would you choose, someone is going to be buying or leasing this for me. I currently have a 98 Olds Bravada. Can probably get about 5k for it.

1) Someone else is going to put 5k down plus the money for my car and buy a new H3 for me.

2) Someone will lease the H3 for me for 36 months and give me 5k in cash and let me keep the money from my current car.

Which would you choose?
  • Dear Car_man,
    yesterday I finally agreed on the leasing of my Hummer H3. I also negotiated an Eclipse navigation system (precisely the AVN5495) for 2000$ (market value of approximately 2400$). At the time of the deal I put down a total of 5,000$ on my credit card and I was assured that my car was going to be ready on saturday (I actually have a paper signed by the dealer, assuring me that he was going to honor our deal on the 5495 nav system). Unfortunately, this morning the dealer called me saying that the Nav system was on back order and that I would probably get it by the end of january. He could also not assure me on the effective delivery of the system by the end of january.
    Considering that the Nav system is largely available on the internet, my opinion is that the dealer is trying to step back from our 2000$ deal.
    Question: even if I already put down 5000$, can I still get out of the deal(if they do not install the system by saturday)??? I did not sign anything at the time of the deal and I may consider to go to another dealer.
    Thank you very much for your helpful cooperation
  • Dear Carman,

I would like to lease a new 2006 H3 HUMMER. The MSRP is $35,935.00, GM Supplier price is $32,932.32, and Invoice is $32,500.00. I have an e-mail quote from a dealer stating they will sell me an H3 for $100.00 over invoice price. I also want the $499.00 RES deal ($1000 cash rebate to dealer on this?).

I have a 2003 Chevy Siverado Ext. Cab (loaded except for leather) to trade; payoff is $17,000, and dealer is only willing to give me $13,000 for it (nowhere near KBB or NADA value). I also have $500 GM Card cash to use.

I have seen other sites listing $750 incentive cash for the H3, as well as $1000 GM direct mail certificates (which I don't have, even though I am a loyal GM customer).

My question is this: can I get a 36 to 48 month lease (12,000 to 15,000 miles per year) from GM for $500.00/month or less. That is my goal...if I cannot obtain it on a HUMMER, then I will have to settle for a Honda Pilot.
  • I now have a GMID certificate number...hopefully this will get me a better price than invoice??
  • Hey Mechilds! How did you get the GMID? I heard it was possibe to get the MSRP discounted about 3200$.
  • Hi CarMan! How did you get the selling price? Did you negotiate? Thanks in advance.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,899
    car_man didn't buy an H3, he was simply calculating a lease payment on a selling price that he thought a consumer could reasonably achieve through decent negotiation!

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Thanks for the info, and Merry Christmas to you too..
  • Hey looking for some info. I am looking to lease a 06 H3. I have leased many trucks just not a hummer so its a new dealer to me. They are all over the place with prices on the leases. I just wanted to know what you guys have for residual values on 2 and 3 year 15K leases? I have read back in the string and see 72% on a 2 year. Is it really that high??? If so nice.

Thanks
  • Hey all, thanks for all of this, it is really really great!
    I would have some questions here about what I will use when I negotiate with the dealer.

1. The car I like has MSRP ~35K. I do not know how to negotiate this to the actual selling price. From what I read here from the previous messages, I could:
    - either try to negotiate to the invoice price + 499$, 499$ for the DVD, and this because the dealer can still make money one from the $1000 cash rebate on the DVD and second from the HUMMER holdback (3% of the total MSRP) they get.
    QUESTION: does that make sense to you?
    or
    - try to get a GMID, then the selling price may go down for 3k/4k.
    QUESTION: Can anyone confirm this can be done if I have a GMID and, how I do get the selling price, from the dealer or from a website?
    or
    - try to negotiate a deal by using (Bonus Cash - Rebate Cash - Dealer Cash - Lease Cash) rebates, which make 750+750+1000+1000 = 2500$. Plus if I get the DVD deal, then maybe I would be able to get some of the 1000$ cash rebate, maybe 500$. All this would make a negotiation for (2500-499+500)= 2,5k$.
    QUESTION: Can anyone confirm that dealers would accept those rebates?

2. I am thinking to lease it for 24 months (or 30 months), 18k miles/year, 0$ for DP.
    QUESTION: Could you confirm that I can get
    - a buy rate, which is 5.9% now, instead of lease rate 7.75% and
    - the residual for 70% (or %65 for 30 months)?

3. Just as an example:
    MSRP being 35k, if I was able to negotiate the selling price for 32k, let's assume that acquisition fee is 475$,
    (QUESTION: Does anyone know anything about the amount for ack fee they charge?)
    would then my monthly payments be: 472%+tax for 24 months and 460$+tax for 30 months?

I know I asked a lots of questions. I am hoping that someone can read all of this and help me. Thanks in advance again and HAPPY HOLIDAYS! :)
  • We are looking to purchase a H3. I was looking for some advice as to what I should expect to pay for a H3 with the Luxury Package? Also, How do you get a GMID? :confuse:
  • Here is the lease deal I was quoted:

MSRP- $35,420.00

Invoice- $31,989.88 (You should be able to get at least invoice price; these things are sitting on dealer lots by the hundreds in Houston)

Lease Terms- 36 months/15,000 miles per year

Upfront Money- First months payment

"Agreed Upon" price- Invoice

Final Capitalization Cost- $35,226.31 (sales tax in TX on autos is 6.25%, so there is an extra $1034.79 in fees in there for some reason)

Residual Value- 49%

Money Factor-.00193 (4.6%)

Monthly Payment- $598.84 *I calculated a monthly payment of $601.70 plugging the numbers into the formula as I know it, so their number seems right)

Anybody see something I am missing?? CarMan, does this deal sound right, and is it a good one??
  • We want to purchase so you are saying that a $35,000 should sell for about $31,900?
  • I know you didn't ask me but I don't think that is a good deal.

1. The Capitalization Cost is the price you are paying for the truck. Subtract the "fees" and the price you are paying is 34192 not exactly invoice.

2.I calculated a H3 with a MSRP of 35455 using a GMID the selling price is 32441 with only the 1st payment down your payment for 36mo 15k should be 467 a month plus tax. That is from GMAC.
  • * Your residual is really low. For 36 months and 15k, it should be 62%. This is what I learned from this forum. You should try to get it up.
    * But your interest rate is better than what I have seen here. The best was 5.9%, but yours is 4.6%.

Please use http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm to calculate your monthly payment.

I hope this helps.
  • Thanks for your info, I was looking at purchasing vs. lease- I don't think a lease is for us, I don't like the mileage restrictions etc...
  • Anyone got one left for December? I'd like to get a Hummer H3.
    Thanks.
  • Hi All,

First post here…..:-) I’m very interested in buying or leasing the H3. I’m dealing with the Sales person via email and have been offered $1,23.50 over invoice, MSRP is being listed as $33,970 for the 1SA and $35, 909 for the 1SC. Couple of questions.

1. Is MSRP the same as invoice price?
    2. Is this a good deal?
    3. Should I jump on this for the free DVD system, offer expires Jan 31st?

Just one more thing – I noticed that the prices were around a $1k+ cheaper yesterday, until I shared my figures with the Salesman…..:-(

Thanks in advance,

Cheers and happy new year to all…..:-)
  • MSRP is the price on the factory sticker on the window, Invoice is the dealers "cost" included in that will be advertising and holdback 3% that the dealer gets back.

If you get a GMID a H3 1SA with MSRP of 33965 will sell for 31299. H3 1SC with MSRP of 35900 will be 32908.

In my opinion the DVD system is a personal choice wouldn't influence me either way. I thought the DVD was $499 not free. Maybe it is different where you are.

Remember the price will not be he price until you are sitting at the dealer and signing the papers. I know Hummer dealers are not close to most people but if you have a GMID at least you know the price and you will have access to a special version of GM Buypower where you can see the prices and figure out lease and buy payments. If you are near Pa I can reccomend a dealer.
  • cwotycwoty Posts: 2
    Hello,
    First off I've been reading these forums for a month now and really like them, Anyways Originally my wife and I were going to get a Honda Pilot, Until she saw the Hummer H3. Here is the quote we got for a lease on a 2006 Hummer with an MSRP of $37,442. It is the Lux package with the Chrome, and Sunroof, and Tow package. Ok with $3K down, The payments for a 36 month 15K Miles a year lease are $500 a month after taxes. I told him I had a GMID certificate and he said this is a better deal than that so don't bother. Oh and it comes with the 2 DVD players in the Headrests. Does anyone know if this is a good deal?
    Thanks!
  • Nope its not a good deal. If you use your GMID and then add the 499 for the DVD system your payments with 3K down 36Mo 15K should be 408 plus tax. You have the GMID go to the GM Buypower link that came with the GMID e-mail you can find the exact vehicle and punch in the numbers for a lease.
  • Dear Carman,

I live in Los Angeles and I am in the very initial stages of finding a dealer. Is it okay to request a quote via email. I am trying to narrow my choices of dealerships and I honestly do not want to get out in traffic.

1. What would the invoice price on a 2006 H3 Lux Package with all the options you can get cost?

2. What would be my payments and specifics be on a 3 year lease, 15k miles, with 1500 down payment? Tax is 8.25%

Thanks in advance!
  • cwotycwoty Posts: 2
    Thanks Marblez! I called the dealer and he is changing the figures.
  • jhl1963jhl1963 Posts: 10
    Friends, just got a quote from the local Hummer dealer for an H3, cd/xm/auto/adventure - sticker 33.9k, $500 off sticker - 12k miles, 36 months $476 $0 down (excluding taxes, title e.t.c.). Seems high to me? I am in the NY Metro area.

Thanks guys - appreciate the help!
  • I'm glad that you enjoy these discussions so much, cwoty. The Hummer H3 lease discussion certainly has been busy lately. I guess that it makes a great stocking stuffer :D . You never mentioned the selling price of the H3 that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what the selling price is.

One thing that I can tell you for now is that the down payment that you are being asked for is too large. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your H3 would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $3,000 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

Anyhow, find out the exact selling price and let me know.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.