Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hummer H3 Lease Questions

Comments

• rvmanrvman Posts: 3
    I dont have a GMID certificate and do not know where to get one...based on this, what do you think the lowest monthly lease payment would be on an HUMMER H3 with an MSRP of $38200. What should I expect as a discount? Can I use the $1200 DVD money toward lowering the selling price?

Thank you very much...rvman
    (what dealers are offering the best deals now???)
  • bear70bear70 Posts: 1
    Ok I plan on getting a H3 and I plan on getting into it for 29,500.00...thats GMID plan (thanks Paul!!!) What would be a good lease for 24 months on 29,500 H3???

What should my monthly payments be?

thank you

Frank
  • chuck68516chuck68516 Posts: 195
    I don't mean to be an a-hole or anything but to those of you who are posting questions that aren't being answered, try being more specific! You can't just say "How much is a lease on a GMID price of $29,000?" To calculate a lease you will need MSRP, GMID or negotiated price, money down, trade-in, APR or usage fee, security deposit, acquisition fee, term length, residual value, tax rate, etc. It isn't just a vague guess it is a mathematical equation. If you want someone to respond provide some information.
  • Great info on this site!

I would like to know what the current APR and Residual values are on a H3 lease for a 23 mo, 27 mo, 36 mo, and 39 mo lease. The lease will be for 15,000 miles or 18,000 miles a year if available.

Thanks in advance!
  • Hi,
    How are you.
    Can you provide me a GMID cert please? My Birthdate is 10/16/77 . Please email me for the 4digits of SSN?

Thanks
  • I am really interested in an h3 lease. I have limited credit, however my credit is not bad and I just bought a new car from Toyota using 'first time buyer' financing. Does gmac do anything like this? I am interested in a basic 3 year lease...does anyone have info about a gmac finance program for limited credit? Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    I'm glad that you enjoy this forum so much, hooperaus. GMAC's lease program for the 2007 Hummer H3 is pretty good right now. I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the 2006 H3 right now, but I suspect that they can be had for fairly close to dealer invoice given the fact that the 2007 model is out. I would be happy to give you a detailed analysis of the lease that you were quoted if you provide me with the full MSRP and approximate selling price of the truck that you are interested in.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello RE Agent. It is difficult for me to give you a detailed analysis of this deal without knowing the full MSRP and selling price if the Hummer that you are considering leasing. These are very important numbers for you as a consumer to know because they show you how much of a discount you are bring given and will enable to estimate what your truck's lease payment should be. The $8,000 in negative equity that you have in your current truck will cause you to pay much more for your Hummer lease than you should be. In fact, I highly doubt that you will be able to bake all of your current truck's negative equity into your new lease. It is likely that you will have to pay several thousand dollars out of your own pocket to trade in your Navigator right now. Normally you would be better off keeping your Navigator until you are less upside down on it, but the 14.9% interest rate that you are paying on it is pretty high. Your least expensive option is probably to refinance and continue driving the Gator. If you are worried about high gas prices, you're barking up the wrong tree with the Hummer anyhow.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey re_agent. The $4,000 customer cash that is currently available on the Hummer H3 is not compatible with GMAC's special lease program for it. The only way you will be able to get this cash is if you lease through an independent bank that has a less attractive lease program than GMAC does. Leasing through an independent bank may be the only way for you to bury the negative equity that you have in your current truck. You could knock out $4,000 of it with the customer cash, another $2,500 or so of it my paying full MSRP for your new truck (yuck), and then making a down payment to cover the rest (double yuck). You'd be doing yourself a favor by refinancing your truck and keeping it until you are less upside down.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings Kevin. If you were to lease a 2006 Hummer H3 through GMAC right now for 27 months with 12,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 3.45$ and 72%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be 3.45% and 63%, respectively. I would be happy to use these numbers to estimate what the lease payments would be for the truck that you are interested in if you provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Kevin. I personally would rather bake sales tax into my vehicle's monthly payment than pay it at lease signing. I say this because if your leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered you don't get a refund for the sales tax that you paid on it. I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal, but it would be a big help if you would provide me with this truck's selling price first. This is a very important number for you as a consumer to know because it shows you how much of a discount you are being given.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi rvman. I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the H3 right now, but given the fact that 2007 models are already on sale I suspect that you should be able to get a leftover '06 model for fairly close to dealer invoice.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Frank. I would be happy to estimate what this truck's lease payment should be for you, however in order for me to so so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP. Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome, suv_shopper1. I am glad that you enjoy this site so much. Here is the information that you are looking for. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2006 Hummer H3 with 15,000 miles per year are 3.45% and 72%, respectively. Its lease rate would be the same for the other terms that you mentioned, but its residual values would be as follows, 71% for 27 months, 62% for 36 moths, and 61% for 39 months. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that GMAC publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi msagowitz. While I cannot say for certain that you will be approved to lease a new vehicle through GMAC, I can tell you that it is usually fairly lenient in who it approves to lease and finance new vehicles. Even if you have limited credit, if your credit score is in good shape I suspect that GMAC will approve you to lease a new H3 at its best available interest rates.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • OH NO.. Did I Just Screw-up????I just leased an 06 Hummer but didnt find this site till after I signed the deal that same night. I think I f'd up.. How bad did I do..?

From you site link..
    MSRP*:$37,865.00
    Supplier:$34,564.21
    Current Offers:-$2,500.00
    Net Price:$32,064.21

WHAT I GOT..
    MSRP*:$37,865.00
    Gross Cap..........$36,008.87(lic/reg/title$140.57..sales tax $726.30
    Cap cost reduction $825.00
    Adjusted Cap.......$35183.87
    Resid Value........$28020.10
    Depreciation/Amort.$7163.77
    Rent Charge........$2516.27
    Total Base Pay.....$9680.04
    Lease Payment......27 mo.
    Base monthly Pay...$358.52

Due at signing 2243.52 includes..
    Cap cost.....$825.00
    First pay....$358.52
    Title/Reg/Tire $290.00
    Doc fee.......$75.00
    Acquisition....$695.00

10,000 miles a year
  • Hello Everyone,

I had a friend all set up a few months ago with a GID number and have been working with a dealer on an off for about a month on pricing/leasing terms. Finally am serious with the latest discounts and just my luck, my friend switched jobs... aughh. Anyone have available or know where I might attain one... willing to share in the savings.

Thanks in advance! yfzrider32...
  • This site is AWESOME. Things like this make me think too much so I figured I's ask to see what everyone thinks...
    We are looking for a base pacakge manual trans to lease. I do have a GMS# and am not happy with what I have been offered to this point. As of now on the base package 29500 with the GMS# they are dropping it to 26500, 15k for 48 months they are offering 410 (taxes included). I was hoping for a mid 300 payment and have seen some higher level packages with lower payments that people have gotten. The person I have been talking to has said that the residual is what is driving the price. Should I be looking at 07's? Shouldn't they be begging to get these 06's off the lots?
  • caclosscacloss Posts: 1
    Car_man, do you have the current GMAC rates and residuals for 2007 H3's? For comparison purposes, 24,27,36,39 months? Thanks!
  • I think you can get a much better monthly rate..(350-370)
  • This site was extremely helpful and I did get a much better monthly rate. Better that I had thought I could get. I am in Denver and went to MedVed which has the only two dealerships in the Denver area. I went there and they were not easy to work with and not willing to work with me on any different payment options. Not being satisfied I found this site and read others peoples stories I decided to reach out to Colorado Springs and see what Al Serrra could do. They beat the MedVed's payments by $85/month and were happy to help us get exactly what we wanted. We ended us with $340/month, 60k, 48 month lease for $500 out the door. Al Serra actually said "MedVed in Denver was actually their best Sales person bc the piss so many people off". Good luck and don't settle!!!
  • Carman: I know you will think I'm crazy but here it is can you break it down for me?

MSRP: 33536.00
    06 H3
    10,000 per year 39 mo

Problem is I am upside down in my car 10 grand so they want

$5000.00 down
    $589.99 Mo

I don't mind the loss on vehicle I keep doing this over and over so I thought at least with a lease I would be back to even in 39 months?
  • Hello, first post......great info here!!

2006 H3 msrp 33900, GM supplier makes it 31900 according to dealer. I have a 2005 Xterra Off Road, 9000mi. They are offering 18800, not too bad there. At 7% tax, tags and the like, they want $394 per month, 3.9% for 72 months. I owe 11300 on the Xterra and intend to roll the 7500 dollars from the trade into the H3.....any advice on this deal?

They also mentioned a 27 month lease, no exact figures yet as I had to leave for work. I said I didn`t want to blow the equity from my Xterra on a lease, they said I could walk away with some cash after the deal, implying that I wouldn`t have to roll the entire $7500 equity into the lease. Is this possible??

With the numbers from above, could someone please work out the lease payment for a 27 month lease at 15000mi. using 1000 down? Also, I live in New Jersey, does anyone know if GM is still doing the conquest cash thing in this region? I would like to know if they went so high on my trade offer because they are playing with a possible conquest rebate without telling me.

Thanks in advance,
    Matt
  • Hello,
    First off kewl site. My question is one of the hummer dealers by me offered me a lease for a hummer h3 lux:
    MSRP.....35735.00
    Price....29142.88
    399/month 2000 down
    39/months at 10000 miles a month
    with my trade of a 2004 GTO that has a few tohusand of negative equity. payoff is 22422.00 (they're offering me 19100)
    Is this a good lease or could I do better??????????
    Thanks
  • Do you mean 10000 per year or 1000 per month ? - seems there might be typo in your post. While in the F&I office, we noticed several folders on the desk and we said it looks like you are selling a lot of vehicles, he said they were Smart Buys.

We also had negative equity on our trade. We were also offered a Smart Buy, but we told him we could go as many as 20K miles per year.

Even though GM is keeping the residual high, the lease payment was ~ $200 less than ownership for the term of our lease. Even though we lost 1/2 of the rebate of the Smart Buy offer, we don't pay 4.9% interest. For us, we think we did better with the purchase.
  • Car_man,

I am also interested in current GMAC rates and residuals for 2007 H3. 24,27,36,39 and 48 months would be great.

Also, what exactly is the discount with the GM Supplier pricing? (I am eligible through my employer).

Thanks!
  • So i have fallen in love with the H3. Have always loved leasing, but I hear quite a bit of varied prices in what people are getting for payments. The dealer i first talked to quoted me only on the MSRP (of course) A stock H3 with XM, hitch, and auto.

12k a year
    Upfront fees down: 1839.25
    .20 per mile over that
    Pymt: 404

10k a year
    Upfront fees down: 1785.76
    .25 per mile over that
    Pymt: 389

I am contacting other dealers of course, but what the heck? This seems high since the advertised sales pitch was at 299 with 1700 down. This seemed high. Help if you can and greatky appreicated. Thanks!
  • Where did you find a deal like this???? I would buy in an instant if i found that!! Is it that different state to state and dealer to dealer? Can they price match? If so, where di you get that quote!
  • :sick: Hello! Please help me! I have Hummer H3. I am from Russia and we have not official dealers of Hummer. But I need information about Hummer H3 wheel alignment for do this service in Russia. Please help! Send it to my e-mail.
  • Can someone tell me how they are now leasing the H3 for $199 with $1600 down? The number just do not add up in my head. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.